how not to burn out in poker?

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Poker is a long term game... and it can be frustrating and unfair, the sooner you accept that the easier it gets. I also think newer players play way too much, if it's no fun take a break and do something else that is fun for a while!

K

koirajore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break a while.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
A break will come in handy for everyone. Or start to win you have no burnout:D

thebigjhow

thebigjhow

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent placement. I had the same feeling. Although I don't play much, or for very long. The tips and answers were also of great value to me.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
accepting a very honest sentence:
this is poker!!!!

Cholosnp

Cholosnp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
I can tell you 2 things, Don't tilt and patience , even if you feel you have bad cards you are just increasing your level. Sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesnt , just be patient and if you feel that you have a good hand , just play agressive. Good luck

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In my case, taking breaks even after winning sessions helps as poker can be a bit tough to handle mentally and we're all humans(others have better poker mental game and can handle things better/ for a longer periods of time), so we need time away from the poker tables to recharge and this way IMO we can play poker for a longer time...

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad periods happen, like good ones too, I've gone ten days without earning $0.01 cent, I made childish mistakes, I didn't give up, after the second day, I started playing only freerolls, I didn't even go to the poker house

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that if it burns you, you should give yourself a break for a few days and then resume the game. If it still burns you maybe it's not for you, it's not a passion or entertainment for you. I think it burns you because you've been there for many days, many hours, maybe you just need a break

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bad beats are part of the game and will always happen, if you’re not enjoying playing just take a break for however long it takes until you feel like playing again, making playing a chore will take the fun out of the game

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just take a break and when you calm down you may return playing.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This applies to people who have been playing poker for a long time, how do you not burn out? I have been playing poker relatively recently, but the last few days everything is so bad and worse hands just move? how to get through this unpleasant period and take only lessons from it?
Having a game baseline will be your best friend!

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello.
Burnout occurs because you set too high expectations for yourself, but they are not met.
Good luck at the poker tables ;)

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion sleeping enough is important . as well as working out especially running / jogging

and eating healthy foods . vegetables , nuts etc

when you are tired and dont get enough sleep you will be more burned out and will also play worse . when you work out you will feel better and also have a sharper vision and be more alert

and eating the right foods will give your body and brain important micronutrients

and as others have said it is also important to take some breaks from poker sometimes

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
at the beginning of the journey because you don't have frustrating results the great results arrive in a way that brings us pleasure the bad results at the beginning have no difference HERE but after a while they multiply this can bring a momentary sadness. I play 10 Micro and manage to hit 1 and reach the prize in another 3.4. studies never end

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Just enough to know that in poker anything can happen. It doesn't matter what hand you have, just try to play well and if things don't work out don't be put off by it. Take a break to relax

GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You can try to include a movie on the second background, it helps me

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This applies to people who have been playing poker for a long time, how do you not burn out? I have been playing poker relatively recently, but the last few days everything is so bad and worse hands just move? how to get through this unpleasant period and take only lessons from it?
Hi.
Such periods happen to every player. The best thing is to just take a break. For me personally, poker is a hobby, an entertainment that brings me joy regardless of my results.

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Burn out …. Is for the players who dont understand this game….. for me is li ke this: think - action - result. If result its not good…. Then my action or my think was bad! What can i do? Resolve first and second…. Think and action…. that's just how I see it !

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
To avoid burnout in poker, it is important to adopt a healthy mindset and approach to the game. Here are a few tips:

1. Set achievable goals: Rather than trying to win big or make a certain amount of money, focus on improving your skills and making consistent progress over time.
  2. Take breaks: Regularly take time away from the game to rest and recharge, whether it be a few minutes, hours, or days.
  3. Practice good bankroll management: Avoid risking more than you can afford to lose, and manage your finances responsibly.
  4. Seek balance: Make sure to prioritize other aspects of your life, such as family, friends, work, and personal interests, in addition to playing poker.
  5. Stay focused: Avoid multitasking or engaging in distractions while playing poker, as it can lead to fatigue and burnout.
  6. Seek support: Talk to other players, a coach, or a therapist if you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed. Having a support network can help you manage the emotional ups and downs of playing poker.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Dont play it then? That way you cant "burn out" either :unsure:

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
in order not to burn out in poker, I take a break for a week or two

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi!

As already said, rest is the best medicine, but I know from my own experience, it’s hard for me to completely distract myself from poker even for a day, I want to constantly, if not play, then watch training videos, read something about poker .. sometimes I get angry with myself because for this :):D

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Look for additional entertainment that doesn't take away your focus but that keeps your mind relaxed. If you try too hard, you end up leaving yourself out.
you can try to let your hands go and breathe.