How much your mood influence the way you play?

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will say only for myself-really change! When I'm tired from work and sit down at the computer for playing poker-I do not play with concentration! In last time I notice it and stop playing, because there is no point in continuing! When I am angry, I am prone to tilt!

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without a doubt! As a matter of fact tonight I am trying to cool off cause I was put all in with 92 hearts I had A4 suite and called cause I didn't believe he had a hand. Was right but he got rewarded with a single 2. Intellectually I know there is nothing to be done about it. But the way I am thinking right now I will just piss my chips away lol. So stepped down to a 5 cent game to chill out :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
mood and state of health affects the game 100% !!!!! if there is no mood or I feel that the game is not for me, I'm out of the game and watch a movie or include other game shooter or racing cars))))

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i totally agree that mood affects the game.if i am angry or tired i play without thinking enough

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Controlling myself is key, I have yet to get very good at it on a consistent basis and go to tilt after getting ridiculous bad beats.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
f

Mood should not influence your actions while playing poker.You need to confuse on your game for the best results,even your mood is low >however if i lost my control ,i go for a break .It is a good advice because your brain need relaxing times .So keep focus and give your best besided your mood !

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! Of course the mood is very strong factor. If I get tired I will do bad things on the table. If I am angry, it is much worse. I will too aggressive. Therefore I try to play with cold mind.

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It took me a couple of years, but I learned to have some mental toughness in poker. Strangely (or not), it even goes better in poker then in real life. Maybe even more strange: when I'm sad, it often helps me to play poker. (not zoom or spin and go's, but slow MTT's) In a way it forces me to think more rationally. I take poker serious and when I'm sad, I play carefully for the first 30 min. After that time, I'm back in the strategic poker mood.

Of course it helps that IMO poker is the most amazing game in the world. I enjoy it alot. Not only the game but also how it sets my brains to work. In ordinary life I am rather emotional in some circumstances, but in poker I can really kick on the rational and strategic thinking. So when I am rather melancholic or even a little depressed, poker often helps me to get out of it. I would not advise it to just anyone, because I realize that a good mental state is an crucial factor, but it works for me. I made it my own.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Affected. The worse the mood the more aggressive.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've got to control your mood, emotions, and mindset when playing. I mean you absolutely can not be a winning player without this. You could be the sickest bluff reader in the world or run the math like a god, but if you let your emotions take over....goodbye chips.

I noticed my mood gets more frustrated online than live. But I use a lot of self monitoring and self talk to keep focused. I do better live in all ways. When I find myself getting "down" or "bummed" live when my stack is shrinking, I remind myself all I need is chips in front of me to play, doesn't matter how many (in both cash and MTT this mindset serves me well). I remind myself of the times I've been down to like $40 at $1/2 live and rallied it up to $500-$900 stacks with patience and a little luck. I've also found recently that stacking my chips by color but not in stacks that tell me how much is in each stack takes my focus off how much I'm up/down in a session. It slows down my betting a little because I like to count out my chips before making a play rather than just announcing the amount.

D

Dmitrii Kopylov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a bad mood I try not to play as I can't concentrate on the game, make stupid bets, only play on luck...

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny, when you are stressed, in a bad mood, or another feeling similar to this, you will play poker to try to push them away and it gets worse even more hahahha. Playing with these feelings is not a good thing. I've lost a lot of hands because of this, it's very difficult to concentrate.

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to keep focused all the time, and when i see there i´m getting bored i get up and go drink some water or eat some fruits to re-set my thoughts and get 100% focused again.
If im on a pretty bad mood, i´ll avoid playing.

B

Brazenly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
biggerstak and better mood mens less agressie and more hands played. Especially the suited ones

A

alex_Romejz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are an emotional player you will have a lot of patience to play tilt play will make you lose many hands.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, the mood is of course greatly affects the game on this bad trying to play.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your mood, or rather and more accurately, your frame of mind is super essential to manage before deciding and of course during when you play poker. Anything that is going to distract from total 100% concentration needs to be removed from your mind and your surroundings. Any disagreement, worry, concern, etc that your mind is going to wander towards while playing and specifically anything that you are angry about WILL affect how you play.

Generally, if you are not in the correct frame of mind, you will not give 100% concentration and are more likely to make chancy decisions. Those are decisions where you know they are wrong, an probably super crazy odds, but you take them anyway. The chances are (of course because the odds are wildly against you) you will lose that bet. If you do win, dont see it as a sign of how to play...you just got lucky and hit the one chance in the odds provided. (i.e. in a bet of 100-1 you have one chance as against 100.)

So! Clear your mind and be happy. If you cant....dont play poker...or any bet game.

Its that easy!

Best wishes

BB

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Exercising, socializing and maintaining a healthy diet will make you happier, more productive and a more objective poker player. But you already knew that. Now you know why, and I hope it makes a difference to boost your serotonin levels. This effort will not only make you a more profitable poker player but as you have read it will also help you become a healthier and happier member of social groups and society in general.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very strong influence. When I'm angry - go all-Inn with bad cards.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although good mood is not enough to win at Poker, bad mood can make even the best player be defeated. So be careful.

vitja0101

vitja0101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I play poker I always have a good mood

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play well and be focused, I sit down at the table in great shape and cheerful, but by no means tired.

By itself, the game of poker cheers me up. :smile: