• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question is how much money you invest in your poker game every month? How much on online and how much on the live game?

bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never spent more than 50 bucks per month

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're depositing month after month, something is wrong with your game.

Nothing wrong with depositing on a new site, or to take advantage of a bonus, or to restart at a preferred stake after a big withdrawal. But if you're depositing $50/month and losing it all every month, then you seriously need to work on your game.

That is, unless you consider the $50/month entertainment expense, like going to the movies, and don't really care about improving and making a profit. Which is fine too. But someone with nearly 400 posts on a poker forum strikes me as someone who wants to become a winning player.

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I invested $600 back in 09 on PS, cleared the promo and with drew my original $600 and have never deposited any of my own money again. Currently play on BCP and Bovada.

josephs333

josephs333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live games it depends, 1/2 games most depost $200 to $500 a night.

dudemanstan

dudemanstan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never made a deposit. freerolls are great for starting a bankroll, and now I have 5 bankrolls:D Thanks CC for 4 of those! :marchmell

xtrigemino

xtrigemino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Around $50 - $100 fun expenses...sometimes withdrawls every big cash in tourneys

B

Beyond_Space

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I no deposit nothing and I watch video to study some time and ask Abdi to help

S

superstar9123

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never deposited any money just make a bankroll from free rolls. If you're depositing every month then you should either manage your roll or stop depositing lol

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I deposited looong time ago about $100 and lost in a week.
Then start playing better poker and start winning small, but win is a win.
Played a lot of freerolls to build up a BR then whitdraw, bought few motorcycles with winning, made few good trips in US with family with winning from various poker sites.
Never ever deposited after that.
I did only whitdraw to my bank, they send me checks (bodog), or to neteller, where I got money to the card and can using any time.
I am better live player as online that's why I do not invest much in online game.
Playing for fun, and to clear some bonuses.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer to your question for most everyone on this forum, is zero.

dmorris's post explains best.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've not invested anything for around 18 months now. Just used solid bankroll management and if you're a winning player, it will be nearly impossible to have to invest more money each month unless you tilt.

Mechanic44

Mechanic44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im depositing constantly,im still new to the game. but amounts are small.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with D'mo. Sure I've had about 10 deposits in the last year since I got back into poker, but compare those amounts to the amounts I've withdrawn, plus winnings from live poker, and i'm well into profit. As he said, if you want to be a grinder, then you need to approach it differently than you are now. Unless, of course, you are well-off financially and don't mind spending the $50 per month. Still seems like a waste though.

B

BubbleGumTurbo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not deposit very often, and when I do it's always under $50. I usually prefer to build my bankroll from freerolls.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a live MTT player. I typically play 1 tournament per month and the buy-in is $75.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see some people doesnt understand that most of players deposit money only for the fun of game. They dont care if they lose it or double it. And that's ok.

Answering to the question: my bankroll is from freerolls. Few years ago there were a lot of them. Now there are fewer but it's still possible to build bankroll from frees. :)

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been,am now,and always will be a freeroll whore.why deposit when there is so much free money to win out there.especialy here at CC.Thanks for that guys.:)

E

erdnase13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im glad to hear so many have started their their rolls from freerolls, my plan of attack this time round. When pstars was open to usa players i deposited to start out, but the whole not investing any money to start has great appeal.

K

kmichaels

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never deposited anything until full tilt closed. At that time i made a 20$ deposit in pokerstars and i play so bad but so bad that i never make money at pokerstars and go broke. Before that i played at full tilt exclusively and made my bankroll exclusively from freerols, never deposited. So i made a promise to me: If i want to earn money from poker i have to prove my value winning money only from freerolls, otherwise depositing will only be a lost of time and money.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I deposit fairly often (at least once per week).
9x in July for $720 total
4x in August for $353 total
6x in September for $325 total
3x in October for $310 total

Just realized I've got a bit of a problem :( .... I'm addicted to deposit promos. Today's deposit was $251 on Stars for that $100k Carnival Freeroll promo thingy :)
(I also move my money around alot to play in different tourneys)

M

murrdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a losing month would equate to about -200...a winning { not huge} month about 1000...but i also have a full time job

Last edited:
A

AcesUp747

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to have a Deucescracked membership, but it was wasted because the amount of time I spent watching was nil.

Granted I was a grinder at heart, so if I was thinking aobut poker, I'd rather be playing than watching someone else play.

G

goldy_lordy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online I deposit when is necessary, but my last deposit was 10 month ago on 888.com, because I never played there. In real life games i put 200-1000$ maximum