How much do you think integral health influences your poker?

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much do you think holistic health influences your poker?

In my opinion, taking care of your health is favorable for all our daily activities, including poker. Exercising, walking, eating in the most natural way possible, having a good feeling, good thoughts, will improve our poker!:jd4:

I read you, regards, good luck :D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is huge! Ff you want to maximize ROI, then be healthy. Playing sleepy, sick or any other reason wont have you at top form. If you are serious about poker, then be serious about all aspects of it. That includes your health, mind and emotions.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is of importance but it is not either solution or benefit to everyone.

I believe in being fit and working out. I love the edge or even perception of edge that exercising gives me. I love the general sense of well being.

But clearly some unfit people play and succeed in poker so I am not sure it is the edge some people believe it to be.

As for me, I'll take any edge...real or imagined.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well in my experience, a lot!!! For several years I have had serious health issues that have really put me down, and it's hard to stay focussed for the length of even a shorter tourney, I get tired quite quickly and start making poor decisions. Not good!!!!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think mental health is very important to play poker, because when you are feeling stressed, sad or angry, you probably will not make the best decisions. Most of the times that I played out of my limits were when I was stressed after a tiring work day.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
None to me. The only thing would be lack of sleep, and as an insomniac I have that down pat.

:top:

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mental health is very important when playing poker, having a bad mood makes you go into a tilt state most of the time and that will influence your result

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi!There is a proverb: in a healthy body-a healthy mind. When nothing bothers you and your head is clear, then in any case the results will be better than in a haggard and unhealthy state. After all, a healthy lifestyle is strength, and mood and cheerfulness and clarity of mind.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it matters a lot in poker when we're healthy. It is very important to have a varied diet, a lot of vitamins, and rest, so we can concentrate more on poker.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for taking the time to respond, interesting your answers, take care of your health and your poker :D
Good luck to all :)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you. I believe that only people who feel good, lead a healthy lifestyle have a good chance of success in the long run. Obviously, players with bad habits are much less likely to succeed.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
health is the most important thing in life. without it you could hardly exercise an activity without feeling pain or fatigue. even when someone close to you is sick. it's hard to stay positive and focus on your game.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sugar Blues is a book by William Dufty

I share a beautiful book that has helped me in all situations in life, a before and after, it has the power to change your life by changing habits. It is a book of reflection and learning about nutrition and health.

"Sugar Blues is a book by William Dufty published in 1975 and has become a diet classic. According to the publishers, more than 1.6 million copies have been printed."
"Dufty uses the narrative form to delve into the history of sugar and the history of Medicine"

good life for all :)

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
far from saying what others say for wanting to say what others want to hear, I add that in recent times I have felt exhausted in mind I do not know if it is because of the long days of 8-10 and up to 12 hours a day of poker with little rest And with this, the sedentary lifestyle that has been inherited from this pandemic, the lack of results has made me think about abandoning the ship and abandoning this profession, which I think because of my stubborn way of being in the end I will not do it since I am stubborn if someone wants to give me some advice welcome

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm starting to incorporate working out with playing by doing isometric holds in between hands for as long as i can.

i know lex veldhuis walks on a treadmill sometimes when he plays. if i could find a space in my home for one, i'd do that as well.

W

wilberth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Health is important in poker because everyone needs to be physically and mentally balanced for activities that require a mental effort to analyze the game thoroughly. It is not only good for poker, but for all kinds of daily work. A person who does not take care of his health, will not be able to complete activities with his maximum capacity.