Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You are on a downswing. Nothing is working. Every time you take the money when you're cool, they suck out. Every time you bet the turn, you get raised. Every time you bluff, they call.
That's what has happened to me lately, the last time I had a great result at pokerstars in CC freeroll was on 06/08/22, and at 888Poker on 04/09/22, in a freeroll that wasn't even CC.
In that period until today I had some small results but nothing significant.
Then you end up wondering, am I playing so badly that the results don't show up, or just a bad phase.
What do you think, how far does the downswing affect you?
Thank you Cesar.:)(y)

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My friend this is a freeroll, do you want to have a good time or win money?
Do not be upset.
I agree with you to a certain extent, when you enter a game and you have the possibility to win something, you don't just think about fun, but about the possibility of having some profit and having fun at the same time.
But from the moment you never win or go for a long time without winning this fun starts to be questionable.
If I just wanted to play for fun, I would play with play money, and I wouldn't waste my time so many hours in front of a computer.
Don't get me wrong, I just want to combine the useful with the pleasant.:)

slevinzed

slevinzed

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when im in the same situation I stop playing online and go for a real game infant of people not really to make money just to change ur mood and then comeback to the old rigged algorithm :D (Y)

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I'm going through a streak just like yours Gritz, I sincerely try to do my best but they always stick the card to me.. I try not to get angry lately but I breathe well and I think the good results will come soon!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
And if Cesar many times are streaks.
I must be very honest with you, I am doing the 30 day course and part of my game has changed a lot for the better.
But you saw how this is, today I published how I had played the tournament that you saw, and what hands I played, very good and well played, but I did not enter the prize.
Luck should always help you.
What I do see in many players out there is the following and I saw it between today and yesterday. The tournament starts at a decisive stage and they lose a hand, they have 8 or 10 blinds left and where they saw a Q they already went allin. And this is not the right thing to do.
Today you saw me post that I was left with 2 blinds at a time after losing a very winnable hand and was back in the prize.
Many times desperation leads to making bad decisions.
I don't want to say what happened to you, that could be how it has also happened to me, a long streak of bad luck.
But that will change brother, take it for sure.
Hugs Cesar, and keep going;););)(y)(y)(y)

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Friend Gritz18, it's been a while (actually a long time) that I haven't reached first and second place, most of the time I enter the bubble reaching the maximum fourth place, I reached third place twice this year, but I didn't advance in the sequel , I take it into sports, taking real dances in the CC freerolls, always hoping for a better day, I like and have a little more luck, in person, don't get bored, head up and ball forward, good luck and success

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We are always pushing ourselves, even more so when we think we play 'better' or select stronger hands.
But let's remember that poker, in addition to knowledge, is composed of a luck factor.

There are times when we play and everything hits, everyone folds to our bluff.
In this situation it is easier to have good results, but still they do not guarantee it.
Other times, even playing with the top 5%, we lose.

Even worse is when it goes on for a long time. It sucks... but the bright side is that it passes.
However, the daily freeroll volume, as much as we play on various platforms, is still not enough to provide game volume.
So this is reflected in the short term.

Poker also even more in the microstakes is one day of hunting another of the hunter. hahaha

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if you only play freerolls, but usually they are not easy to win, specially those with thousands of players and super turbo like 888poker freerolls.

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm going through a streak just like yours Gritz, I sincerely try to do my best but they always stick the card to me.. I try not to get angry lately but I breathe well and I think the good results will come soon!
No, I don't get mad, I confess that when I'm playing and I lose a big hand, I get a little irritated and thinking, because the villain's card hits and mine doesn't, but that's just momentary, so I forget and go to other.
I've always been a good-humored guy, I'm not the type to get mad about a game, but I push myself a lot in certain situations, and in the case of poker I keep reviewing my game later, to see if I could have played different or it was a fatality.

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know if you only play freerolls, but usually they are not easy to win, specially those with thousands of players and super turbo like 888poker freerolls.
It's really these tournaments are not easy, especially this diary that has 888, usually the field has more than 3,000 players and the blainds change every minute is a real bingo.
But I've already achieved good results in this tournament, but it's not easy to reach the final table, as I said, it's a real lottery.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

It's really these tournaments are not easy, especially this diary that has 888, usually the field has more than 3,000 players and the blainds change every minute is a real bingo.
But I've already achieved good results in this tournament, but it's not easy to reach the final table, as I said, it's a real lottery.
Do you 2 actually expect that poker tournamens must be "(very) easy to win" then :unsure:

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It affects a lot both mentally and economically, but that does not mean that you have to stop playing but keep your game until the variance settles

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi! Sorry to read that.
Are you studying between sessions? Or are you watching your own hands after you play?
That really helps a lot.
Anyway, the downswings affect even pro players. Recently I've heard that Phil Hellmuth was down for months.

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi! Sorry to read that.
Are you studying between sessions? Or are you watching your own hands after you play?
That really helps a lot.
Anyway, the downswings affect even pro players. Recently I've heard that Phil Hellmuth was down for months.
When I'm not playing and I have free time, I usually do reviews of the tournaments I play, to find the possible mistakes I made and if I could have played differently.
I would like these analyzes to be done by a professional, then I would be sure where I am going wrong and what I can improve.
But unfortunately I would have to pay a poker pro to do this anilize and that is out of the question.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
When I'm not playing and I have free time, I usually do reviews of the tournaments I play, to find the possible mistakes I made and if I could have played differently.
I would like these analyzes to be done by a professional, then I would be sure where I am going wrong and what I can improve.
But unfortunately I would have to pay a poker pro to do this anilize and that is out of the question.
Well, that's a start. Yeah, me too, it wouldn't be profitable to me right now to pay for someone to analyze my game, but if you keep learning about strategy you will notice a few things to improve. Just keep playing, and if you're not enjoying, take a break. gl

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Also downswing never affects me especially when i follow logic "poker owes me"

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always reviewing the session is good to see if the decisions were correct and if they are correct it is to stay focused and think about the day to day, obviously coming with a bad streak makes you question yourself but when that happens to me I stop playing for a few days to clear my mind

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The random number generator is called that precisely because it is random. So don't be upset. We must be patient and wait for good luck. She is sure to come. The question is when this will happen and how long it will last.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are on a downswing. Nothing is working. Every time you take the money when you're cool, they suck out. Every time you bet the turn, you get raised. Every time you bluff, they call.
That's what has happened to me lately, the last time I had a great result at Pokerstars in CC freeroll was on 06/08/22, and at 888Poker on 04/09/22, in a freeroll that wasn't even CC.
In that period until today I had some small results but nothing significant.
Then you end up wondering, am I playing so badly that the results don't show up, or just a bad phase.
What do you think, how far does the downswing affect you?
Thank you Cesar.:)(y)
A downswing will always work on your mental "game" , what has always helped me to work through them, has been reviewing my HH's after each session. I know some people, (I used to be), who won't bother reviewing his play until he has a good session. This would allow my mind to head in any direction and think crazy things. Now, I just focus on my play. Not the results, just my decisions, especially what I am opening and my flop play. I usually find myself moving into a more LAG strategy, instead of a more controlled TAG, I don't mind playing aggressively as long as I am not opening too many hands. This has helped me many times.

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes i need some relax after downswing. But sometimes i vice versa play more and it help me left it behind

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never get affected from downswings. Poker has variance.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you to a certain extent, when you enter a game and you have the possibility to win something, you don't just think about fun, but about the possibility of having some profit and having fun at the same time.
But from the moment you never win or go for a long time without winning this fun starts to be questionable.
If I just wanted to play for fun, I would play with play money, and I wouldn't waste my time so many hours in front of a computer.
Don't get me wrong, I just want to combine the useful with the pleasant.:)
I understand you perfectly, why waste time on play money when you can combine business with pleasure. Minimum cost - maximum enjoyment! :)