HOW TO MIX UP UR PLAY ON POKER

A

AlanEmm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HOW TO MIX UP UR PLAY ON POKER
hi i think im a tag but i just need to mix it up and keep my players guessing coz when im in people just fold to me can any1 explain to me how to mix it up and get payed when u have a hand plz thanks

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I depends on what level you are playing.

To be honest, playing low level buy in MTT`s, you would be better just keeping to a TAG style because
1) Most people at the table are not paying attention to you.
2) They don`t play pot odds, etc
3) Some will push with any ace, regardless of action.
4) Any 2 cards of the same suit are worth a go...
and so on.

If you feel people are watching you, rather than change your image, us it.

So, if for example you have a TAG image, try raising from middle/ late position with less than big holdings (e.g. I will sometimes raise 3 - 4 times the big bling from middle position with say A8s if there have been a few limpers before me.

There is no right or wrong way to change gears. The main issue is if u do as I sugest and raise with say A8s and then u r reraise big, u must be able to fold for 2 reasons, being 1) u r probably way behind 2) you don`t want people to see what u r trying.

But, in essence, there is nothing that beats experience.

L

_LazyGun_

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Another way to use your tight image would be to use continuation bets more. You should have some success with that, but as ronaldadio said, you have to be able to let a hand go to the muck if it ain't working.

ps. sorry for bad english

T

teflondel

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also remember to play your opponents and not just your cards, it doesn't matter what you are holding if your opponents fold to you.

A

AlanEmm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

thanks and yes i do play me opponent i just need to keep raising more with bad hands for people not to notice me i spose