How many times have you thought about giving up poker?

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lately i've been playing a lot less than before! so many bad beats made me think about giving up, many people say that there is variance but is that all hand? every tournament? I'm disappointed!

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lately i've been playing a lot less than before! so many bad beats made me think about giving up, many people say that there is variance but is that all hand? every tournament? I'm disappointed!

I guess it depends on your definition of a bad beat friend. Take a break if you are tired of it and maybe the passion will come back. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never have I given thought to quitting something I love. Taking a break is good to reflect. Finding reason to continue pursuit might vary but fun in the challenge itself is self gratifying

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not be sad. Try to just enjoy the game. Maybe you need a little break and rest. Relax, have the patience and get back to the best card game in the world.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's always difficult to lose because of the variance. especially when it lasts several weeks. but the most important thing is to keep playing your A game and wait for the cards to work for you. luck is when experience meets opportunity. once I gave up poker for 2 years. but it was before joining CC. now losing due to variance bothers me less because i consider poker a hobit.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I confess that playing poker I have had very bad days ... in which nothing works out for me ... either because I have not played well or because the variance has played against me ... the truth is that it has affected me a lot in my state of mind ... however I rest a bit ... and the next day I charge energy and I am motivated again ... No one said that playing poker would be easy ...!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Why don't you give up? I'm really curious if you could stay too far away from poker ?! I noticed this to a lot of players, who do not do well for a while, that they want to give up but so far I do not know cases that have completely left poker ... stay quiet and see your game! When you still have these ideas sit on a chair until you forget them!

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never thought about quitting poker forever but I have taken breaks and on bad runs. Sometimes it is good to take a break and come back fresh. I find this rejuvenates my love for the game and I come back with a clearer mind.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never thought to stop playing poker, even at the stage where I just lose, it is a hobby and a pleasure to play poker.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Life goes on and everything changes. You often lose, you have no motivation or desire has disappeared, here is an excuse to quit this game. Also, when changing life values, you understand that this is not the type of activity that is acceptable to you.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never thought about quitting poker, I just take a big break when I have a lot of work to do.In poker, as in life, there is no justice,you just have to be more brazen and persistent.Then maybe something will work out.

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's always difficult to lose because of the variance. especially when it lasts several weeks. but the most important thing is to keep playing your A game and wait for the cards to work for you. luck is when experience meets opportunity. once I gave up poker for 2 years. but it was before joining CC. now losing due to variance bothers me less because i consider poker a hobit.

i totally agree with this. don't let it control your emotions. when consistent good play meets a good run of cards try and remember this feeling of wanting to give up. bad runs will happen...but don't make them last longer by sub par play. take a break and start winning again.

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all, you need to treat poker as just a game and a good time, not as a way to make money. if you are interested in poker learn more learn and if you are not and you are not developing then there is no point in talking about a bad game.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I had such a period in my life when, due to problems in my personal life, I started to fail in poker. I lost my patience and often began to lose. At that time, I often thought about what to quit playing poker. After each of my unsuccessful gaming sessions, I took a break for about a week, and then with renewed vigor and in a good mood, I started playing again. Throwing poker you will not solve the problem, you just get away from this problem. The best solution in this situation is to take breaks after failures and learn to lose.

G

grupus21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the beginning I was learning but now I just play and bite I am trying

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I have thought about giving up poker several times, but I haven't found a better hobby for myself yet, so I continue to play poker

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance is factor that affects all players equally and if it was not present poker would not be so interesting. In most cases though it is not the variance that affects you but bad decisions that you make. Try to save and mark hands where you think variance affected you and later analyze them when you are calm and in most cases you will see error that you made. Also try to note situations where you got lucky and hit your few outs (variance was on your side). At the end you will see that variance is same for all in a long run.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Every player has bad days. If you are not lucky, it is best to take a break. I play for fun, so no matter what the outcome, I always enjoy the game.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy playing the game of poker,,,so no,never. :)

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably think about it about it once every few months if i have a week of bad luck/losing.

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite often, like Erik says above, the bad beats really get to may sometimes. Especially when I play cyclones on ACR. Paying $5 for a $1.65 ticket, no thanks! The important thing is to keep your chin up. Bad beats will happen and we all need a break sometimes or a little extra study time. Stick to the plan and your goals are achievable.

Last edited:
Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Countless. But then I just take a look at my long term graph and it makes me feel better again.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much after every losing session I have ever had this thought has crossed my mind.

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker requires a lot of patience and diligence. Not many people have it