How Many Tables Can You Play at a Time (Maximum)?

Z

ZingyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to start up 4-6 tables when I am entering tourneys but I do not like having more then 1-2 for any final table.

When very deep in a tourney, your forced to play against the "person" rather then just "play your cards". Too much split attention makes this impossible.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to start up 4-6 tables when I am entering tourneys but I do not like having more then 1-2 for any final table.

When very deep in a tourney, your forced to play against the "person" rather then just "play your cards". Too much split attention makes this impossible.
Now this kinda logic/play i can understand completely...

neontuning

neontuning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played one time only 4 tables, its very confused after a time, but its a amazing experience! =P

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep... this right here...

They playin' bingo(or slots) not REAL poker... to me anyhow (so 10, 15+ multi-tablers? get that sour look off your grill cause noones dissin y'all... if y'all can do it, then FINE... just free expression of MY thoughts...)

I wish someone playing more than like 10 or 15+ tables could post... um... er... Showing an ACTUAL significant PROFIT... then i'll believe... but then i guess people that do/can are referring to strictly CASH game? idk... I play tournament myself... cash grind being too "slow" for me...

I only tend to play an amount of tables i can actually CONCENTRATE and make at least fairly INTELLIGENT decisions on... but what do I know... I'm only a multi-tasker normally myself...

jmho...

...to each their own i guess... out of curiosity, are there any good references on how to play like 15, 20, 30, 50 to infinite tables? I'd like to check them out so i can learn that style... It would definitely up my game...

...probably for the worst...:D

You only have 3 decisions to make on each hand. Call, raise, or fold. You need a lot of experience reading board textures and bet sizes but once you have that, most cash game hands are pretty straightforward. I played for years before I ever tried it.

I am actually the opposite as most of you guys; I can't concentrate on 2 tables, it is too slow and boring.

T

TCashMoney19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At my peak, I could play about 6 tables of 6/9 max cash games and not feel like I was losing focus, any more than that and I started to go on autopilot. Any less than two, I would start making dumb plays because I'd get bored haha

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-6 tables of 6max/FR is about the most I want to do. Using HUDs helps and really helps those playing 10+ tables. I still only usually play 4 tables at a time... to each his on.

I see some ppl playing 12-15 tables at a time on ACR at the micros.

pricechoppin

pricechoppin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only like to play one at a time during a tournament but sngs I will play 2 ... I like to focus so I cant play more then that at once hahaha

JarethAttila

JarethAttila

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The more tables you play, the less control and quality of decisions you'll take. I think playing 6 tables without support programs (huds, ninja table, etc) or equipment is burning money (unless you're Isuldur1 playing HU and still...) you must find the balance between your A game and your maximum winnings. Once there, you will be unstoppable.

Last edited:
Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You only have 3 decisions to make on each hand. Call, raise, or fold. You need a lot of experience reading board textures and bet sizes but once you have that, most cash game hands are pretty straightforward. I played for years before I ever tried it.

I am actually the opposite as most of you guys; I can't concentrate on 2 tables, it is too slow and boring.

It would seem that you grind at cash games... I feel u... I have the greatest of respect for players that can...:cool: Honestly, I can't/(won't?) do it myself... it starts to feel like i'm a mindless robot on an assembly line just crankin chores...

I know people play poker to make money but can't we have some fun as well?:D My idea of having fun is not sitting for hours mechanically playing memorized hand-ranges...

I have no problem multi-tabling while playing hands by position as well as knowing most of the time what a proper bet size amount means or being meticulous enough to consider board texture and then following through from that point forward... Poker-101... but... what happens when let's say you play like 6? 8? 10? tables normally... what do you do if on a third/half of those tables you have to make "critical" decisions at the same time? I hope your not one of those players that make the rest of us wait long enough to eat dinner while u make up your mind on each table...:rolleyes: I stick to an amount of tables that I can play effectively...

But then again, I DON'T play cash... normally... If it works for you then do what works best... for you... It guess your mind is built for it... mine isn't...:eek:

humbly...:smile:

P

pokrjoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got pretty comfortable playing 14 tables generally 5 mtts and a screen of 180 mans. ofcourse i had hud and ninja to assist

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i got pretty comfortable playing 14 tables generally 5 mtts and a screen of 180 mans. ofcourse i had hud and ninja to assist

yah... if i'm playing more for fun or to just past time... i just play... if money is concerned, I always try to use a hud... i use poker-tracker mainly... I've heard of table ninja over the years i believe... never tried it... does it really ease up being able to multi-table? if so, i'd probably try it if it will allow me to play extra-tables the way i would normally... how many tables do you normally play with-out them?

honestly asking... trying to figure the ratio to see if it's worth me trying...

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
confortably 6. i think 8 tables would be the max tables i can play without sitting out.

R

ruadonky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
confortably, 3 games of 9 players on each table.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No more than 3 tables. If the tables worse results.

V

Valterus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
max 4 tables. otherwise I can't concentrate.

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-3 tables at the same time if more I don't manage to see that who as play. And it seems to me there is no special sense to play many tables if you play 20 and you win a prize in 3-5, then it is better to play less tables but is more qualitative.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was starting out, I did 1, after time, I moved to 4, than I doubled that to (8) (All 6max cash tables), this btw when I had a roll. Yet If we're talking FR I can do 16-24 tables, but the most I've ever tried was 30 tables (All 6max hypers), now that was Insane:p.

So to answer your question, my preference of tables for FR Is 16-24, and for 6max 12 tables

I tile btw, have tried cascaded but too hard for me

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

Hello ....my top opened window at stars was 6....it was really difficult and i couldnt focus at my game .So i advice you only 3 max :) good luck

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have a prob when playing 3-5 tables, 2 seem to be my best

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Now I can play comfortably 4 MTT on this screen (12"). When on 14" or 15" I can play up to 6 MTT with reasonable condition.

Only pressing buttons without much technique I can handle 8 MTT or 6 spin & go.

meagain00

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play most 4 tables at a time anything more and I lose focus.

itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm still just learning. . .
and I can only play on one table. . .
*And how to learn on 4 table?
I miss the speed of thought. . . .

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For now I can only play at six tables, but my quality decreases a bit, but at two tables I go as well.

C

CardDead711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I do best when I play 2 tables, but if those tablea are slow and I'm feeling more adventurous, then I play up to 4.

I like to play my tables on "tile" view, so 4 tables is about the most I can fit on my screen where I can see things comfortably. For those who play more than 4 tables, do you use more than 1 screen or are you playing the tables in a different mode?

Good luck to all!