How many tables can you multitable?

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm interested as to how many tables other people can multitable at once.
Surely your level of play must be diminished as you play more and more tables as you don't have time to follow and observe everything on each table.
I tried to play 4 the other and found it hard to keep up with it. I have only played one in the past but want to play more

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing 90 person sngs now, I try to multi table as much as possible, but the fact that they don't fill up that fast at the $5 and $10 level limits the amount I can play. Sometimes I have to play a $2 just because the $5 or $10 is taking too long. I usually will play 4-5 at once and once I get deep in a couple of them, I will play them out.

Most I ever multi tabled was 20. I played a total of 20 $5 sngs on 3 different sites (AP, Cake, and bodog) The only part that sucked was bodog wasn't popping up so I ended up sitting out in the 3 I was in on their site.

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried playing as many as 6 tables at once, but it was stressful and my play did suffer. I find two tables about right, though in ring games I supose I could manage 3.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand people who multi table as it decreases your concentration considerably.How in the world people do this is and remain productive in any ring or tourny game is beyond me.I know alot of people who play this way they seem to like it very much, i suppose i just can't see it.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm well sometimes i play 2 table i have played 4 before but just hard because in is so hard to concentrate on all of them and decreases your chances because you dont get a feel of the tables and players on the table i prefer to just play 1 mabe 2 helps me consentate and i do win more this way :):):)

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most i'll multi table is 2. Thats good enough for me to still concertrate on the tables and players. Realy do need to focus on who's the loose fish and those betting patterns.

I suppose multi-tabling like 6 or 9 tables playin TAG with ur great starting cards (AA, KK, QQ, AK) does pay off a lil bit, but i prefer to concertrate on the game and find out where i am and who i can play, instead of jus playin the cards.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm interested as to how many tables other people can multitable at once.
Surely your level of play must be diminished as you play more and more tables as you don't have time to follow and observe everything on each table.
I tried to play 4 the other and found it hard to keep up with it. I have only played one in the past but want to play more

I don't understand people who multi table as it decreases your concentration considerably.How in the world people do this is and remain productive in any ring or tourny game is beyond me.I know alot of people who play this way they seem to like it very much, i suppose i just can't see it.

umm well sometimes i play 2 table i have played 4 before but just hard because in is so hard to concentrate on all of them and decreases your chances because you dont get a feel of the tables and players on the table i prefer to just play 1 mabe 2 helps me consentate and i do win more this way :):):)

Uhh.... why do you need to watch each table exactly? Your play may diminish 16-24 tabling, but anything less than 12 tables surely isnt difficult to keep up with... you do have a "time" button aswell for tough decisions.

Isnt observing what a HUD is for? I mean, thats a HUD's job, to record information and monitor players' stats actively.

Anyway 9-12 tables is standard for me, I can tile them easily and its a good steady pace.

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been watching and tracking some players on fulltilt who play only 16 tables at once and they are doing very well for them selves. They are young players and can keep up with that many at one time. I only play 4 any more and i lose track. See u on the felts.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 4 at a time and folded pocket aces. As I was folding a hand on one table another popped up. Before I knew it the rockets folded. Ugh. I like 1 or 2-but that's about it.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i played up to 24 tables before, not fun let me tell you at 10nl, pointless tbh cuz i was still learning. But I can easily do 12 no prob and make solid decisions

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do 8 with no problem. I have a decent amount of down time or times when I am in only one hand. Unfortunately 8 is the maximum allowed for play money.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've done 24 at 6-max but I think my play starts to suffer. 14 -16 is pretty much the standard where I don't feel rushed. Less than 10 can be excruciatingly slow and I lose focus (start looking out the window, opening other programs, etc.) I prefer to be totally focused for 60 - 90 minutes and then quit for a few hours.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play eleventeen tables at a time.

M

mmmcher

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 20 or so when I was trying to hit a jackpot. Little hard to keep up with things, to say the least!

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just try to stick with 2 - 4 personally.

i only got a 15in laptop so its hard

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A friend and I were discussing this very thing about 2 weeks ago, he was thinking of get another monitor set up so he can fit more tables with out the problem of a table popping up. My problem is not how many tables I can play but the fact that my mind plays tricks on me, now I know my mind set should not be this way but it happens, I'll be playing 4 tables and doing well at 2 and since I am doing well at those tables the other 2 I start playing more hands and taking more chances, such as drawing to inside straights and trying to get my 2 pair boated up when there is 4 of the same suit on the board.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 24 all fast tables the other day for a few hours. It's a bit hectic but I was still playing pretty solid poker I thought and getting in 1500+ hands/hour. I'll probably do it a bit more in the future but my standard for playing when I actually have to pay attention is 12-16.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play up to 16 and still play solid, but not my very best. I prefer to play 8 to 10 at full ring or 6 at 6max tables.

W

wona2009wsopseat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been challenged to play 16 before, but its pretty hard on 2 screens. I could play 16 properly, if i had 4 monitors.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have read lots of blogs about people plaing 6 plus tables and I am always amazed that they claim to come out on top. I am of the view that poker needs to be shown respect by concentrating n your cards and your opponents and I dont see how you can do that if you are playing multi tables. If you pla just the top 6 hands and go all in if you hit one then fine but other than that it does not compute.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am of the view that poker needs to be shown respect by concentrating n your cards and your opponents and I dont see how you can do that if you are playing multi tables.

Just because YOU can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done... :D

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I max out at 12 for SnG and 9 for cash games. That's usually when I'm clearing a bonus or working on Iron Man/FPP/etc. I normally prefer 9 for SnG and 6 for cash. I wouldn't do more than 12 tables on one monitor. Beyond that I think you can actually make visual mistakes.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read lots of blogs about people plaing 6 plus tables and I am always amazed that they claim to come out on top. I am of the view that poker needs to be shown respect by concentrating n your cards and your opponents and I dont see how you can do that if you are playing multi tables. If you pla just the top 6 hands and go all in if you hit one then fine but other than that it does not compute.

/facepalm

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, plenty of people around here multitable in the teens, but its really a matter of preference. At first 2/3 is a good multitable starter, and just add one or two on over time

For me personally I enjoy 4-6 tables. It's not a lot but Im comfortable with that as of right now