How many tables you handle at a time while playing?

Mrmercurial1

Mrmercurial1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play as many as you can just to stay focused

From my point of view, i play like 3-4 just to stay focused. if players are sleeping at the tables i´m getting bored and i might play weak hands. but with multiple tables i am always focused.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On PS/FTP, I was able to do 8-10 MTGSNGs at once because the filled up regularly. Maybe throw in a few MTTs as well for a total of 12-15 games.

Now, I dont get to play as often as I did before and games dont fill-up/start as often, so I usually only play 1-2 games.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes played 3 tournaments but the tournaments freerolls being played at the same time. Personally beyond 2 is not good because you can not monitor and analyze each game table correctly. When this happens, I focus on tournaments avce the highest jackpot. The good side is that you can play the good hands more easily.

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 is ideal but I've played 6-8 as well at a time. You should have a good tracker software. Also only focus on the hand you are playing and not on the outcome of a previous hand. You should be focusing on playing your hands correctly and you will surely be a profitable player.

SNGs are faster compared to MTTs but MTTs have a bigger payout if you make it to the final table. Practice where you prefer to play and how confident and patient you are will help you out.

B

brrrddz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends how well u can play in more tables. need practice and with time u can add 1 more table each time. try to see if u can play your game. i prefer to play 4-6 tables in my screen. if i add more, i cannot play them the same.
Now, sng or mtts, this is other subject. u could try to mix them..

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, welcome to Cardschat to all you new members. I miss introduction treads sometimes, but I do say hello and welcome as much as I can. How many tables a player can handle changes from one player to another, as we see here. For me, the most I've played at a time is 4, but I've found out that is to much. Matter of fact, I've been advised from some members here that it's to many.I'm 57 and I'm not as fast as I need to be playing 4. Sometimes, I even miss when it's my turn, and get set out. Playing 3 is a lot better for me. If I do play only 2, I'm bad about looking at FB when that's the worst thing I can do. So I guess 3 is my best bet.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im feeling confortable playing 2 tournaments,with only one i get bored untill all players acts and i loose my patience.

LoCcO_OhNo

LoCcO_OhNo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most I will play now is 2 tables... usually a low-medium stake MTT and a micro SNG so I don't get bored and start playing marginal hands... 3 or more I have a hard time keeping up...

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intermediate results of our discussion, 50% of the players feeling quite normal for the 2 poker tables, 12% play 3 tables, 20% play table 4+, 5% playing 6+ tables, and 13% other. The main comments - you need to play as many tables as you can control, not to lose control.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 MTTs. Could play more, but prefer to choose best tournaments and concentrate on them. Play also less, if there's more value got in concentration than adding more tables.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Our brains on multitasking aren't nearly as good as we think they are. When you're not actually doing both activities at the same time, in fact, you're now diverting your attention from one part of your brain to another part of your brain. That takes time, that takes resources, that takes brain cells.

What happens on the other side of the brain is that you're starting a new activity, so in fact you're probably slower and not nearly as good at doing both activities at the same time. We can shift our focus really fast, sometimes it takes just a 10th of a second. But the time doesn't matter as much as the bandwidth the brain requires to move back and forth. Now that might affect your performance, and might also affect the quality of the work that you finally produce.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe 4 if they are all the same game.
2 max if they are different variants.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play 1 tournament at the same time
I ussually play a cash game at the same time.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to follow the learned knowledge, sooner or later you will start to receive the first 3 years we played in minus until you come to an understanding of some things

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The problem might be that you lack an advance knowledge of how to play tournaments when deep so you might need to refresh your theory base first and try SNG on the meantime .
If this is not the case , try relaxing on the breaks , be fresh and not tired when you start playing a tour , and play less tables if you cannot manage playing a large number of them silmutaneously .
I used to have 12 tables open playing limit holdem, but I was losing hehe .
I changed it to 6 more or less tours , one of them a cash game , usually zoom , with the time it was limited to two I would say nowadays as I want to be more carefull and because I 'm getting more tired , but this is not an absolute rule , if it's a freeroll I might open more tables

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 is my max I start to lose focus on reads ect if I play more than 2.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like when the table 3-4 times 5 if you have money)

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently saw a similar topic on Facebook.
Playing two tables. Love the spin and go's. On more tables there are hard to concentrate

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can manage 4 tables just sits on my screen nicely

hufty

hufty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play at least 4 tables at once. It can be so slow if you're folding many hands to play just one or two.

ufomen400

ufomen400

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only 1 table... multi-tabling isnt for me :)

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Between 2 and 4 tables max. I've tried more, but I can't adequately multi-table all the time due to my small screen.

R

radouane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i always play more than one table, if i play onl on one i feel bored and i can't be pacient.
so i always prefer to play different table, BUT not more that 3.
1 is OK
2 or 3 is perfect
more can't handle

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands