How Many Players Smoke While Playing?

B

bocheech21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll admit that I have an anxiety disorder and when I play poker my heart beats so fast sometimes (im sure im not the only one) I cant always make the right choice without emotions getting in the way. my biggest flaw is getting to emotional. So I smoke bud just so i can calm down and not be so aggressive and avoid the dreaded tilt. Its been working for me because I dont do it just to get effed up i just do it to relax. Smoke to much and i turn into and idiot lmao im just wondering how many people do this too. And if your going to be all righteous and call me a druggy thats just dumb. go ahead i dont care at all.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is real art. To make the right decision. And not to worry. It will take years of training.

V

vaci38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only the free roll tournaments,so for me it's not so great tension:)I play relaxed, sometimes I can get upset,beside all this, I also smoke a lot of cigarettes:)but it has nothing to do with poker,when I watch football, when I do something, I have it non-stop cigarette in my mouth:)I think it's because of habit it's not because of stress:)you can try something else take something to snack, some chips,peanut or something similar:)certainly will be less damaging to your health:)

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is not a good choice to smoke weed while playing, you have to keep your mind clear because some choices you can cost as all bankrolul you, I when playing drink water nothing else and smoke normal cigarettes with stamp or electronic cigarettes darin no case drugs. I know people who use drugs while playing poker and have great results. My advice is to try to stop drugging while playing. gg

J

JohnMaverick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You smoke, but there are people who drink!

I do not think they are the best options, no, I tried to listen to a quiet and relaxing song for you, try to get off to the maximum of your back, things like that are more advantageous, vice will not take you very far, you will end up needing more And more of it to get over it.

That is, work this side of disconnecting and gradually pay more attention to everything, what can affect you may be the amount of information for you to start! =/

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have stopped smoking , thanks God for this , but before I was smoking all the time , and when I was playing poker , I used to enjoy it . A very bad habit for the health .

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't smoke or drink while playing. Wont even play if I'm in a bad mood. For me it is a waste of time to loose focus or patients after a hour or more into a MTT.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful used to smoke but quit cold-turkey on February 19, 2oo8 Monday nite @ 9:00 p.m.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like smoking only on the breaks, but while im playing i prefer not to smoke cause some players feel bothered by the smell or stuff, and its easier to concentrate on the game if u dont smoke

R

Rileyo13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not any more.

I can definitely relate. I used to smoke while playing for the same reason. I found that I was losing a lot because I was acting on impulse rather than thinking my actions through. I also did not realize how much thought is required for each action until I read power hold'em strategy by Negreanu - which I highly recommend. I find the better understanding I develop of the game the less anxious it makes me. When I do get anxious, I usually finish out the tournament and quit for the night. Best of luck with anxiety!!

S

Sachary

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s cold where I live, so sometimes after a bad beat I go to the balcony to have a cig. And cool down.

Smoking in your underwear in -25 celsius gives a man something else to think than a card game. :)

cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quit smoking pot a long time ago. My only vice now is an e cigarette. I used to like drinking and playing but realized when I would tilt I would try to keep playing and it would cost me a big chunk of my roll, so I stopped doing that as much. I will still play once in awhile when I have a few drinks but I stay in the smaller games. Good luck on the felts!

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am for a healthy lifestyle.To be calm during the game, not necessarily to smoke weed or drink. You can find another way to calm yourself. I for example, can count to ten and take a deep breath if you're nervous about. Helps always.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I unfortunately also smoke like you but just a bad habit for over 15 years, and trying to quit. And set fear and nerves pouchetti suggest the book mind games. Well, if you are lazy or have no time there is an audio version.)

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I start by admitting that I smoke (tobacco), even when I know that it is health damaging. I used to drink a lot too, now I'm a rather social drinker (most of the times). So, I know my share of addictions. No finger-pointing here and no preaching, just facts. THC is a mild sedative and low in the addictions' scale. So it's not as big a problem as alcohol or other drugs. If you do like it, I'm not the person to suggest you quit, if you play poker legit, you are an adult and you know better than I the facts of your habbit and how -if it does- it affects your life.
Only point I want to make is that, although it might help you blunt the edge a bit, this is not a long term solution for poker playing. You need to have a very clear head in order to play your a-game, so substances, addictive or not, even food that is hard to digest should stay out of the equasion.
In short: Smoke pot if you like -and if you don't mind the legal aspects- but don't smoke for poker.
Cheers

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing against more I do not like, I was smoker and I think we have to respect the public space because it is not everyone who smokes and the cigarette smoke is not cool for those who do not smoke

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind smoking s cigar from time to time, but quit cigarettes about ten years ago, feel a lot better now because of it. Wouldn't go back. Now I drink when I play

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I know, in Vegas , wsop tourney
smoking is forbidden.

but I do see a lot of people smoking during the home game.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I smoke when I am nervous and when I play I try not to do it since I have to have all my attention in the other players

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I have a lot of smoke, and often when playing online. If you play live - you need the consent of all the players.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to learn to think that you are not playing for money and for fun then will be less worrying,

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i smoke a lot when i play sounds bad but if you live here (Indonesia) its hard to not smoke bcouse indonesian ciggarette is the best.. its good for me to smoke becouse it keep me away from playing every hand..lol but dont smoke its very bad for your healthy.. dont be like me im gonna die with this shit...

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, I smoke when I play.But I don't smoke weed,and the usual tobacco, it helps to cope with the nerves and soothes, at least for a while...