How to maintain concentration ?

C

CEO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not been playing very long, but I like to keep my eye on the prize, it motivates me to finish strong:D

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you never relax always attentive and never be afraid to fold a hand, always concentrated thinking in your hand and your opponent's hand so everything will be faster and you will do best

Caracazz

Caracazz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't listen to music, don't acess facebook or twitter, don't fap.

N

nayesebi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Weird list

Well....I do a few stuff before getting in a tournament:

1)Prepairing 2 playlists(1 for tight playing and the other for the agressive style-and I know..sounds ridiculous)

2)I smoke cigarette after cigarette .
3)Eliminate everything that could make me lose my concentration like TV,phone,parents and so on .
4)Speak out load what I think about other players .
5)Pray while all in.
:D

Try !

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm listening Rammstein.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will usually have 2 to 4 tables going at once. I tend to lose focus when playing only one, especially in the early stages of the games.

I don't usually listen to music as that distracts from my concentration on the games. I like my music too much and tend to get into it.

I will normally have the TV running in the background, although, not really watching.

As I get eliminated from a tourney, I won't register in any new ones so that all I am playing in are fairly close to being at the same level.

If I get down to a single table, it generally means I have lasted long enough to be close to the $$$, and that will draw and hold my attention.

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always be quiet ,listen to the music and don't talk with anyone to have the maintain concentration and don't lose it

V

velhasil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep enough get your rest.
Eat fine.

sergey ptz

sergey ptz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing to understand what you play and then it will be the concentration and discipline)

krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All recommendations are well and maybe every colleague will have itself to find the best solution. good luck to all

Lubzhen

Lubzhen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To maintain concentration in the game I play in complete silence. Don't distract on anything except poker. Closely watching the game rival. Think over your every move in the game.

CincyTim83

CincyTim83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure if its a multi day event. That you eat well!! Get lots a sleep. Just maintain decent fitness.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's more a matter of getting focused in the first place. If I steel myself for a tournament I've entered enough, then I'm usually okay and I just have to keep from getting bored, usually with, as others here have said, music. But if I sign up for a tournament and forget about it, or get in a SnG that doesn't attract enough players for too long and I start doing other things...well, it can really be a problem, because it's really hard for me to get my mind back on the game from wherever it happens to be at the time once I start playing if it's not already there.

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live - keep your eye on the players and their habits - helps you concentrate on what is happening.
Internet - some have habits but music helps me and it cuts off my wife's interruptions - she knows only to talk to me at the 5 minute intervals (and toilet breaks at that stage are essential at my age)

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play 3-4 hour sessions, but i play everyday if possible.
I stay focused by only playing for 4 hours and multitabling upto 8 tables to maintain maximum brain activity.
I found when if I fell short in some of the MTT,s then I would open up a few ring games to keep the blood pumping.

O

Oleg196

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before the game out of the house - a walk. During the game, drink coffee. Often I get up from the computer, I go - it helps not to fall asleep. Actually during night games.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listening to music almost always, but when the tournament is very long, I watch a movie while I play, that to me in particular, help me not to go with bad hands that flop look good, projects almost always where if would play almost certainly lost.

V

velhasil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starve your distractions
Feed your focus :D

HenriqueMed1

HenriqueMed1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I off the lights in my room and listen to music in headphones.

N

NicoSalazar7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult to find the concentration in a stressed or tired brain , because the solution that obvious , relaxation is the main thing to focus on, there are several methods like hypnosis , or simply listen to soothing music, or something that relaxes you , I recommend hypnosis , you can find some online video , you can move from one state to a fully awake tired with your senses to one hundred

Excuse my translation , I do not understand the English

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like the others... music helps me focus, also need to play when there are no problems twisting my mind

kidpokerkids

kidpokerkids

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listen to only soft music,and look only at the monitor