How to Lose $1k

M

MagicBullets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If $1,000 meant anything to me at all (which it does) I would not give up trying to get my money back.

lol, that would be cool.

i wont give up on it but like i said i doubt abnything will come of it. the parents said they would contact me in a day or two with a solution.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well honestly i don't know how a 14 yr old even knew how to play and sit down and all that but i guess they can be smarter than they look.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes yes but would you expect a 14 yr old to get on a poker site and blow $1k?..

Good thing she didn't have access to your C/C for a deposit - or have you checked yet ??

M

MagicBullets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good thing she didn't have access to your C/C for a deposit - or have you checked yet ??

i dont have a credit card . i got $20 bucks from a friend and built it up to $1k.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see how stealing money justifies calling someone, worse, a child, a skank.:p

M

MagicBullets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see how stealing money justifies calling someone, worse, a child, a skank.:p

here give me your acct Password let me rob you broke and see what kinda names come out of your mouth =)

M

MagicBullets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey paw what part of WA you from i live in Kent

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol this is hillarious, 14 year old girls shouldnt have myspaces anyways, definately should have locked the computer down

Paw_kit Aces

Paw_kit Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can lend you a shovel so you can bury the evidence. Try following the advice on the thread on how to make 1K

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or, just get the babysitter's parents to pay you back. Seriously, playing with (and losing) someone else's money on a poker site, is just the same as stealing $1,000 in cash, imo.

Exactly. It's no different than if your online banking info was stored and she transferred $1000 to her own account. Take her to court.

Also, I wouldn't believe her story about the cash table unless the hand history was there to back it up.

P

paranoiabrad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, my room mate did that to me. He thinks he can play poker, but he's just an idiot.

Lost me around 700 dollars I had built up.

So he just payed my rent for a while.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, I wouldn't believe her story about the cash table unless the hand history was there to back it up.

Good point, "Hey (friend's name here), don't you have a (poker site) account? Want some more $$?"

Also, "Yes, you can use my computer (password your profile), I will create your own profile for you to use." (If you have that option on your comp.)

This would have kept her from getting in to your profile to F' with any of your programs. I barely let me daughter use my computer since I don't want her to "accidentally" do anything.

M

MagicBullets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good point, "Hey (friend's name here), don't you have a (poker site) account? Want some more $$?"

Also, "Yes, you can use my computer (password your profile), I will create your own profile for you to use." (If you have that option on your comp.)

This would have kept her from getting in to your profile to F' with any of your programs. I barely let me daughter use my computer since I don't want her to "accidentally" do anything.

all this is correct but it's also all a moot point now since it's already been done.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the OP could post some of the hand histories of the girl losing all of the money, but that's just me. :p

M

MagicBullets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the OP could post some of the hand histories of the girl losing all of the money, but that's just me. :p

you all may find it funny but i dont find it funny in the least..

but hey you guys still got rolls to play with

i dont maybe that's why i dont find it funny.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a lesson in everything. Passwords need to be private. They should not even be written down. If they are they should be written down secretly, where you're the only one who realizes it's a password. This is true for everything as things become more computerized. When you can do most banking and stock trading on the internet the password has to remain private. I personally have separate passwords to get onto my laptop and onto poker. Whenever I leave, even for the bathroom, I close pokerstars and I log off my account. That way someone would have to know both my passwords to do something like this. But if you're going to let other people use your computer you need to make sure the password for all your sensitive stuff (yes that includes poker if you have $1k on it) is secret and unavailable. It's simply computer security. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you deserved it. If you're going to let someone use your computer, you have to make sure all the sensitive stuff is protected. You wouldn't let someone visit your house and then leave your box of cash laying out in the open with the key on top of it would you?

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you deserved it.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the guy deserved to have $1000 pretty much stolen, of course he could have done things to avoid it but no one deserves to have their money just taken away like that.

Of course you don't find it funny now but maybe in a couple months you will, but I mean this is a poker forum and depriving us of hand histories like that would just be plain wrong!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't go as far as to say the guy deserved to have $1000 pretty much stolen, of course he could have done things to avoid it but no one deserves to have their money just taken away like that.

maybe deserved was the wrong word, but if you leave your wallet open on the table and invite someone in you don't really trust, what do you expect? Just because it's on a computer is no different. The OP left their money open to someone they didn't (or shouldn't) trust, and they took it. I hope they get the money back, because it's still robbery, but it could have been prevented by practicing pretty basic computer intelligence.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Seems like you have been doing a lot of smiling and LOLing if you ask me.

None of these are artificial.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all this is correct but it's also all a moot point now since it's already been done.

Maybe for now, but you do have a 9yo who is only 5 years from the sitter's age and with internet as it is these days only 3-5 years from knowing what your computer is capable of. I tend to like to have a password on my profile and have my computer set so that it goes to the profile login page when the screensaver comes on. Just trying to help for future reference. Also, if you check your HH and all the $$ went mostly to 1 player... you may know who has your money now.