black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, I have been playing cards since childhood. But I also started playing poker two years ago. And honestly, I had no idea that poker was such a profound game in terms of strategy, tactics, skills and experience.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learned and started playing with my Uncle for matchsticks when I was 11. So that equals out to 63 years, I'm now 74. I still suck at it. :)

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played with family at home before I started playing tournaments. I have played online since I was 18 which is 12 years.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
16 years I have played poker and its been a tough ride LOL

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing online poker for about 10 years or so, never in big tournaments. I think the greatest has been one of wcop and no great win, really I have never been able to dedicate the time he deserves to become a good player.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 15 Years... Recreationally

Mostly online, although I have played live profitably on average 2 -3 days a year over the last 10 years.

I was introduced to the game by a new girlfriend (who also knew about as much about poker as I did at the time which was zero... just to be clear...lol). She spent time by playing various games at some cheezy gaming site (I forget the name of it) that offered a bazillion online games. Basically, you payed $10 a month to be entertained, I do not believe you could actually win anything. Well, Texas Hold'em was one of the games you could play, and we entertained ourselves playing it on occasion. Eventually, we found ourselves playing more Texas Hold'em (even though we had no clue what we were doing) than the "Racing Games", "Wheel of Fortune" type games, "What is different in these Pictures" games.. lol! I still fondly remember my brain being scrambled trying to figure out how my THREE PAIR lost to some SEEMINGLY INFERIOR hand. I suspected some sort of software/site malfunction...lol!

Eventually, I decided I should research the rules of the game(keep in mind this was a new relationship and not a real high priority at the time). Knowing the basic rules was helpful, and I started to realize how ridiculous the play was at the "cheezy site". I graduated to a monthly subscription site ($25 a month) which was very profitable over several years. My poker experience was also supplemented for a short time by playing at pokerstars (although slightly unprofitable), up until Black Friday.

FUN TIMES, what a Great Game! So many ways to Win! So many ways to Lose!

While my day job limits my poker playing time to a couple hours a day, on average, I find it to be a nice change of pace and a relaxer. I am new to the site within the last couple months, but am thoroughly enjoying it!

Best of Luck at The Tables All,

CheezeWiz

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started to play poker when I was 18, so, it goes 14 years playing this game :)

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in general, i play poker for a year and a half intensively, and so i got acquainted with poker 12 years ago:cool:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker since 2009, so I have been playing for 11 years. And the only thing I regret is that I didn't become a member of the CardsChat community right away.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I met it almost 2 years ago, but it was about 6 months ago that I really started to learn.
I love this little game !!!!

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker in 1965.My high school friends and i played almost every weekend.Back then it was only 7 card stud,and 5 card draw.When online poker came along,then i started playing online,and once a week my friends and i got together and had a home game of texas holdem.If my math is right,ive been playing some sort of poker for 55 years.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I was watching "poker after dark", that's how I got to know this game. Started playing on the old fulltiltpoker, I've been playing since 2009

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve been playing for about 12 years but online for about 5 years.

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I begin 12 years ago, but... I was not Persevering. So. I Wil say... 1 year

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got to know poker 10 years ago and now it's my job)

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
17 years. I started playing right after Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP in 2003.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Of and on for the last 10 years or so. Mostly whaen I go to Vegas or international tourneys.