How long can a person play poker?

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker somewhere at 5 hours maybe 6 hours.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people can play for a long period of time. Most however lose the ability to play effectively after a short period of tine.

F

firefist23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My duration of the game is either until I lose all the chips, or until I fall asleep ))) But in general, after four hours of continuous games, I get bored, and I begin to make mistakes.
That is totally me. But yes I think 8 hours is the longest good hours. Unless your attention span is good. Once you get tired or bored it is not good. :)

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've done 10 hours live. With occasion bathroom breaks, and had food brought to me. It's all about how good you're running really. When you're in the zone, time just flies by.

Online I play in 2-3 hour spurts.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
I only play poker when I have free time, but no more than 5-6 hours a day. In the Guinness Book of Records, this record is about 115 hours.

Me too,everything after 6 hours is torture for brain,for back,for legs.
Imagine 115 hours,wow,his brain must have exploded during that game.

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I ask the following question: it can be an online game and a live poker.
My question is this: how long can a person play poker, giving the best for the game?

Also ask them what they think about the current tournament formats regarding playtime. They think it's ok or if something needs to be modified. regards

The final table of the wsop Main Event 2012 lasted about 11 hours. After Greg Merson won the bracelet, he gave an interview in which he said: “I used to play the cache for many hours and thought I was ready for the final VSOP table. But in reality it was different. It's like running a marathon. It's hard to believe that could reach the end. " As far as I remember, they played with short breaks 11 in a row.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can play online for hours, but i'm always multitasking. live poker i have no choice so i can only last a few hours at a time but minimum 6 hours

Agreed! Its too hard to sit and not multitask.

NauGad

NauGad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

You can play poker all your life, but never fully comprehend it. The one who invented poker is brilliant.

walkkking

walkkking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as I feel i can concentrate. maximum 4-5 hours a day is enough

The Monkey

The Monkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion it's like running a marathon. in order to run for long distances a person has to prepare and train, increasing the amount of play overtime.

I personally feel that some tournaments are long, but that is the nature of the Beast I guess, and I feel that by playing longer tournaments, a person can increase their stamina for longer cash sessions if that is what they desire.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time not waisted

A lifetime of can sleep when I'm tired. If I have to sleep then I think my Max would be about 12 he. Am willing to go longer if I get an opportunity. Good luck everyone. And as always have fun.

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By seeing pokerstars live tournaments you can really tell that someone can play poker for a very loooooong time, but with breaks. IDK what is a world record of straight playing poker, but I can tell that 5 hours is a limit for me, except I left with one big tournament that I can make good money with (that one I would play till I bust).

T

ThisCuteAsianGuy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do about an 6-8 hour session every day. Soon I'll be streaming it.. I just dont want to stream poker currently because I'm still a novice.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've played a long live session once. It was like 18 hours of poker.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4ever lol or until you fall asleep. But I think short sessions are better in the beginning.

M

Mr_RichRich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiredness , sleepy , and lost of concentration are the most blockers for having a good poker session .
You have to sleep well and eat well , you have to take full body mind rest , before even thinking to have a wining session.
i believe 6 to 8 hours is the optimum time , however experienced players can last to 12 hours and above and still have full concentration , but it take much effort to achieve.

B

Baxter2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who knows.. When is money there, men, or women, can do everything, even play 24 hrs :D

K

kosorez1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When luck and experience are with you, you can always show an excellent level of the game.

B

Brazenly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My record was 17 hours nonstop basicly, but i could beat it easily and i think more then 24 hours is possible haha

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is very broad.
There's aggro BRM poker & then there's normal grind poker. Different intensities.
The former I can play a max of 15 hours & the latter probably a week and a half but I may die lol

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Me too,everything after 6 hours is torture for brain,for back,for legs.
Imagine 115 hours,wow,his brain must have exploded during that game.

Hi.
Yes, this is indeed a record. But to be honest, I think this player used stimulants for this.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends alot on the person their health and even age in some cases. For me, I can play for about 8 hours and be fine! Most people's bodies will let them know when enough is enough! Question is how many of us listen to our bodies?