How to find a team

I

iPGaming

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you find a team to sponsor you? Where do you find them? Do they find you? How/Where?

naitutreaba

naitutreaba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Google it :), 100% you will find they ways to get there

I

iPGaming

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did. Not much came up.

Edit: I don't mean poker rooms.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to find a team, you need to have good actual results. I think you must have some achievements in order to get the attention of sponsors.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to find a team, you need to have good actual results. I think you must have some achievements in order to get the attention of sponsors.
I totally agree with this if you want to get sponsors you must first show your achievements and if achievements are what a sponsor wants they would allow you to enter their team, but you must show them that you are a great poker player

I

iPGaming

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where to show them? Do they just randomly go trough sharkscope or such to find players or do you have to appear on wsop, EPT ...

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a while, I even wanted to join a team... I think I could join 'cause I have a good volume of play and a decent graphic. But today, I prefer a coach to joining a team.
I don't like the idea of playing tournaments with other people's money.

As for your question, you should first focus on having a large volume of play and study many basic things in the game (basic things that many players don't know about). Only after you have the volume, knowledge and experience should you look for a team.

I

iPGaming

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a while, I even wanted to join a team... I think I could join 'cause I have a good volume of play and a decent graphic. But today, I prefer a coach to joining a team.
I don't like the idea of playing tournaments with other people's money.

As for your question, you should first focus on having a large volume of play and study many basic things in the game (basic things that many players don't know about). Only after you have the volume, knowledge and experience should you look for a team.

I've played over 2000 tournaments for now. What does the volume mean? + I studied and keep studying about poker all the time.

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello... I joined this site to do just what you say... find a team competition i could operate in...
I joined years ago, and realized that the formats and scenarios of the team play, did not particularly suit me, and that there were certain opportunities, like freerolls, that did suit me...
LETS FACE IT... NOBODY WANTS SHITTY PLAYERS ON THEIR TEAM.
So... my best advice, which is what I am doing, is to play games through cardschat, and demonstrate your skills, so that you will be a desirable teammate, for those who want to win...
I HATE TO LOSE... and that is why Poker is so competitive...because all of us are aspiring to win...
Play in freerolls... and rise above the group...
I have found that I am meeting the same players regularly, and am actually quite settled in what I am doing here right now, as far as an interactive poker game experience...with enough familiarity amongst the players, such that whenever you jump into a game, you have some level of knowledge of, and rapport with, those on the table with you...
I am new... and I am not on any team ...and not sure I want to go that route just yet...
its about time management also, because there is a lot to do otherwise...freerolls/events/inhouse competitions...
Quickly, you could be playing tournaments, and events more times a week than you can handle.
So start with freerolls, and you will evolve from there...
when you see me on the table with you, shout me out...Love:D

Last edited:
zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about contacting poker pros on their social media? Their pages should not be hard to find, and then just copy/paste your question on all of them and hope some will read it and reply to you with advice. Even a message on Doug Polk's youtube channel will probably be answered by someone from his team.

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should first win some competitions, and get attention with your achievements, somehow stand out from the rest, then they will arrive

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you have good results, why do you need to share profit with someone?

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no sponsorship.
But I think the best way is to look for poker houses in your area and showing good results of course.

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Like all the above mentioned.. 1- get some impressive results & 2- why share if you are winning?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are paid formations on the net or you are sponsored by proffessionnel of poker. the majority offers strategic videos accompanied by coaching hours to improve your game.