How Does Alcohol Effect Your Game? Better or Worse?

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say not good. Lack of focus.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it come to drinking alcohol it make us funny the feeling of exited , the more interesting when listening music , it is entertainment . Depend on every person , someone can drink but still play poker well , able to make right decision , but drinking alcohol will bring bad effect to your health .

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do think there is something to a small amount of alcohol enhancing some skills but its a very thin line lol... Ive noticed it the most in my life personally in pool and cornhole lol

Minsk Pavel

Minsk Pavel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please specify the question. Do you mean - in the long run?

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A few drinks when I start playing helps with the nerves.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not drink due to my medications that I take. Luckily for me, I play my game with a clear mind. Hopefully, others do the same.

Beatlebug

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol

Not good at all you must think with a clear head. Do not drink and play as it makes for a bad day. Capo1014

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The same way that it is illegal to drink and drive, Alcohol gives the illusion that you are better at judging situations when in fact that is far from correct, you make terrible decisions and in a car you could kill someone, in Poker you only want to kill yourself when you get beat.
Booze and Poker should never be mixed, it just leads to more mistakes, and Poker is won by players who make the fewest mistakes.

When the fun Stops, STOP!
(then have a drink)

Sirkiba

Sirkiba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely makes my game worse so I try not to mix them.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to have a glass of vine or a ONE drink once ITM. It helps me relax little bit and doesn't affect my "thinking" sometimes may even give me little bit courage to make calls of folds I would not. I don't know why it's working for me, but most of the timers when I make it to the ITM with below average stack and having a glass of vine, I made deep runs. (Maybe I don't over think some spots.)

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to ask people for the sake of interest how alcohol affects you and making your decisions when you play poker

I love when the people at my table drink. In fact, I will buy drinks for all but myself.

EzekielRM

EzekielRM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to drink when playing real money poker. I usually play 0.25USD SnG's, as I am starting. It affects, but not so much. The most I can deal with is one drink, like gin tonic or martini extra dry tonic once ITM.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol

I personally don't drink alcohol while playing, never done that before, so i don't have a really good answer, but i would not do it if i play real money tournament, i might lose my touch.

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 glasses of wine is ok. if i drink so much is not good to poker...

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not easy to say because I have never played poker after drinking alcohol drinks only beer. One bottle of beer is not harmful for playing poker.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It doesn't affect me because I don't drink alcohol when I play!

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never drink so actually I take advantage of drunk players :)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned to stay away from alcohol 30 years ago. Never looked back. Almost ruined my life!
Cheers!

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Back when I played live the first beer used to loosen me up. I felt more comfortable and sociable. Net positive. Second beer... not so much a positive haha.

But part of the live aspect and being a grinder was to make sure everyone was having fun too. So I'd definitely have a few laughs and drinks with rec's.

When I play at home online I never drink

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I will have a few once in awhile when I play but never to the point of drunk.. decision making is questionable at best

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t drink during work))
I tried to play under alcohol, the result is terrible ..

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i am running deep in a tourney, i occasionally will break out a glass or 2 of single malt whiskey - its not a regular thing buts its definitely something i reward myself with if i cash well...

Top 10 Games