How Does Alcohol Effect Your Game? Better or Worse?

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Gladly I'm not a drinker so it doesn't affect my game at all. I have multiple friends who do drink and play the poker, they get wild and crazy, not the best of ideas for them.

E

eliasyarosh

Enthusiast
I think if you drink a little, then it will not harm. After all, poker players also occasionally drink wine or whiskey when playing live tournaments. But the main thing is to know your measure

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Awards
I don't drink alcohol while playing, because you can lose money) On the contrary, you need to play with such)

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Awards
It has both effects. The positive is that it helps you loosen up and relax. The negative is that it makes you lack focus.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Awards
Not bad.I drink while playing with friends and family. I don't drink when I'm out grinding but do occasionally but not to often. Good luck.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Awards
In general, worst. But there are persons who manage very well their recreational habits.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Awards
Alcohol has a better effect on my game. Not because I use it, but because the one's I'm playing against use it.

I love playing late of Friday, and Saturday nights, after the drunk party goers get home, and figure they'll get a few games in.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm taking advantage of a situation, but their stupidity is not my fault.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Bad alcohol

I would like to ask people for the sake of interest how alcohol affects you and making your decisions when you play poker
When you play a game you have to look for the reason why you are playing it, i.e:
1. If you are doing it for fun.
2. If you are doing it to fulfil.
3. If you do it because it is like a second profession. By identifying these aspects it is understood that all the decisions that are going to be taken at every moment of the game are valuable and it is not a joke, so if it is only a game to relax from work then a glass of wine or beer would not be an impediment.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
much worse, I cant control myself and I lost so much playing drunk. Anyway it depends how much alcohol

GLAVI65

GLAVI65

Enthusiast
I would like to ask people for the sake of interest how alcohol affects you and making your decisions when you play poker

Regarding alcohol I only use it 70% for hygiene and protection against Covid19, in drinks I do not consume anything that contains alcohol ... Regarding decisions playing poker mmm I lean towards the probability table accompanied by observation and intuition in hope that the variance appears in the fewest possible hands. Greetings

GLAVI65

GLAVI65

Enthusiast
Drink alcohol or not

if poker is work, then you don't need to drink alcohol
and if poker is a hobby and entertainment, then why not have a drink

Drink alcohol or not while playing: I think that being a mental sport, the ideal is to be 100% while playing, but hey, it depends on the aspiration you have in this sport, because for those who are merely entertainment, they can afford it sometimes. Greetings

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
I like the idea of a drink now and then but I'm to play at my optimal best, no alcohol or anything that will take away from or distract my focus!

F

fernandofcp

Visionary
Awards
Certainly alcohol would negatively affect my game. The reasoning would become slow and not objective, which would prevent more rational and complex thoughts.

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
I don't mind a beer during a session, but just one. Anything more will impair my judgement.

D

dirty_nerd

Enthusiast
How Does Alcohol Effect [My] Game? Better or Worse?

I reserve drinking alcoholic beverages for very special occasions. Since I consider playing poker as work, it does not qualify as a special occasion. Therefore, I never drink while playing poker, so it has absolutely no affect/effect on my game.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
The first thing that goes with drinking alcohol is, "judgement"
I was told this long ago. With that said I have won some of my largest wins while under the influence due to lack of judgement and piss poor BR management...LOL

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Awards
no way alcohol can improve your game unless its your opponent who is the one consuming it lol

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
opinion

I tried to play with alcohol. Frankly, there is nothing good about it. You get overconfident and try to win every hand. In general, always play sober and you will be happy.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star

I’m sure it has a rather bad effect on everyone. Of course, luckily you can still win. Sometimes bad decisions work best. :)

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
It affects bad on myself, i feel so much confident under the alcohol efects, and my decisitions generally are much worse and emotion-based, less rational.

Top 10 Games