How Does Alcohol Effect Your Game? Better or Worse?

P

pipayura

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely, alcohol has a negative effect on everything, especially on mental activity. Everything related to the strategy and correctness of the game, alcohol will never help you. If you are not interested in improving material benefits and want to rest your soul and thoughts, then alcohol will help you.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So basically I avoid drinking, but I once had a very nice day at a tournament in Rosvadov / Czech Republic ... starting with 100.k chips at the end of the day bagged with 950k chips, plus I had one 9 rounds of wiskey cola :)everyone was very relaxed and it was a very relaxed atmosphere

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Oh Oh...After a few beer I reraise like a god lol

I

Ikado21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol

Alcohol makes my emotions take over pretty fast.
I pretty much throw after two beers

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never stopped to watch. But I think it depends a lot on the amount, when I drink a lot, it certainly affects for the worse, but if I drink an adequate amount, maybe I can even help for the better, but not very sure.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Dude, you said it all, when I drink something I lose my chips faster than the flash

blake2702

blake2702

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i kind drinking has a negative effect om my poker. these days i try not to mix the 2

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing is to use it in moderation.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You cannot think, as clear as you can think when you don't drink. So the decisions are not the best and the reactions are different, significantly worse!

H

HIPPY8323

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
alcohol

I have been told I am a better player when I drink in Live play . More aggressive , but still friendly ! Online , I also think I play better while drinking ( not too much ) ...

W

wstclair777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that 1-2 beers are good for my live game because I'm naturally a little too tight, when I play live. If I'm not getting any cards I like to get up and go get a beer, then when I sit back down I can just sit back enjoy my beer and watch the.

Online I probably should never have more than one beer.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course it's bad ... people becomes impatient and too brave ... which is not good in most cases

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol makes poker better, because the game is so intense, so fun that it make it better at lest it does for me.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't endorse use with Kava, but I partake...and well

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It doesn't effect my game at all, because I don't drink Alcohol. So I wouldn't know how it would effect my game.

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I have played poker, it never occurred to me to drink alcohol, if I have, I will leave the game for another occasion. hands are hard to understand being without alcohol, with alcohol I would pay without thinking about anything.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol always gave me that little bit of 'liquid courage' to start, and just a sloppy demeanor and poor play after I'd had a few too many.

I know it works for some people, what with the whole beer level of the end of a tourney day. But personally it doesn't really work for me.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was actually just thinking something similar to what Evan mentioned above. Sometimes a beer or two can get you started off on the right foot and help you to be more comfortable making some of the more stressful plays. However like anything that inhibits your ability to made good decisions I don't think there's any reason to play poker upwards of drunk unless you understand you're highly likely to just torch your money.

The sucker at the table is usually the drunk guy... Why would you want to be him?

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
I would like to ask people for the sake of interest how alcohol affects you and making your decisions when you play poker

to be honest poker is a skill and being under the influence in live games may benefit you by throwing your opponent off and making them change and try to take advantage of your situation, basically they fall in the trap you set. but it wont help in online games

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Of course worse!I play often with one an the same players and sometimes I suspect some of them that are playing under the effect of the drink.Their reactions are more aggressive than usual, betting and rising in lost situations in other words playing out of usual norms.All that words are valid for me too.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.it all depends on the amount of alcohol.after a liter of strong, the game gets worse.)

D

Dangames8282

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it depends on the amount of alcohol, because drinking is good to lose the fear hehe, just don't overdo it.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I don't drink and play Poker, I like to play as good as I possibly can.

Top 10 Games