How Does Alcohol Effect Your Game? Better or Worse?

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are resting and you have extra money, then enjoy the game and do not bother-alcohol is for you.Well, if you are serious about the game to extract something useful for yourself, then I strongly advise you not to take alcohol.There are no drunken masters.)

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When i drink 2 bottles of vodka, i start thinking and playing much better. But the whole effect comes to naught due to the fact that i start to hit the wrong buttons with my fingers (missclicks) and the winrate drops...

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have never had alcohol while gaming, but there are some examples of people who have and ended up with big losses. For example Ilari Sahamies who had losses close to a million USD in one session just for playing while drinking alcohol

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when i drink up to five beers i have no change in consciousness, but then i start to lose patience and giving all inn everywhere, i've already lost a lot for that. I do not advise drinking and playing.

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always avoid drinking while playing online. It affects me a lot lately.
On the other hand, when playing live poker is different. I think is because there are other people to talk to. I don't know. It's just different (unless you're playing cash games) :D Last time on my birthday everybody was buying me beers and Bourbon. Was fun, but 3k on the drain...

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never drink when I play. There are enough other activities that involve a good beer. Nice to have one that doesn't.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it can help those that are too passive. had my biggest score $576 in $10 PKO game that I entered with a ticket I had won. Although pretty hammered I was focused and could just see the spots to bluff.

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It makes me play worse, but with friends, I'll take booze and a smoke to have fun over playing optimally

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my view, it mostly affects you in a worse direction. I’m not one of them, I think it helps in moderation. It’s just my opinion, my experience, it’s changing for everyone

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
with varying success:eek:

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better! I don't drink! So the drinkers play poorly at times! More chips for me

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my personal opinion, drinking tends to make you feel bigger and distracted from your play.

I try not to drink while playing.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I drink alcohol, I start to play more aggressively and therefore lose more often.:(:)

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little bit can help you relax and not beiing agressive

Y

Yuliazak1985

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for my alcohol use, it rarely happens and only on holidays, birthdays, when we rest with family or friends.
My poker game is also rare.
Therefore, according to probability theory, I played poker in a drunken state, was not and probably never will be.

ijsmile369

ijsmile369

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're going to be a pro-player then don't mix alcohol with games. In a free time - you are free to drink anything. Treat a poker as a business, would you drink at your workplace(especially if you rule the company)?

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I once played all night in a tournament . Every hour I drank beer and finally took first place . But this is rather an exception to the rule, such a case . I'm usually a bit tipsy and I don't play well

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
Sometimes, to have fun, I drink and for $ 1 I go to a tournament where there are 180 participants and the result does not bother me very much, this is a kind of payment for fun like going to the cinema

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just drink Coke or water. I never drink alcohol.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t drink alcohol when playing poker, it’s bad for the results. Unless you can have fun in the freeroll :)

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it when opponents drink . . . As everyone knows it impairs judgement and mental aquity, skills needed to play serious poker . . .

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol makes me play too loose and I make rash decisions.

T

TriszPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well any significant amount of alcohol 99% of the time can only effect cognitive functions and your understanding of poker and your opponents at the table, negatively. I rarely drink or if I do I only drink 0,02-0,05L of whiskey usually, if everyone else is getting drunk so I dont look like a antisocial wannabe-reg moron taking advantage and ruining the party.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Alcohol helps me turn a pair of aces into 4 of a kind.....and I still lose. Shucks.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Alcohol and poker is a recipe for tremendous disaster.

I never never never drink alcohol before/while I'm playing a poker session.

A huge NO!

Top 10 Games