How do you stack up vs your spouse or significant other?

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just wondering how some of you stack up against you wife or husband or even boyfriend/girlfriend when it comes to poker. For me, I know I am the better player, but seems like she always has my number. I guess after years of being around me has been her best tool. Also does anyone have any cool stories about this rivalry? If you don't mind sharing it would make for some fun reading!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just wondering how some of you stack up against you wife or husband or even boyfriend/girlfriend when it comes to poker. For me, I know I am the better player, but seems like she always has my number. I guess after years of being around me has been her best tool. Also does anyone have any cool stories about this rivalry? If you don't mind sharing it would make for some fun reading!

Back in the day (before having children) I got my wife into online poker. She had an account and played mostly freerolls with limited success. As far as live games go, she is really good! We were in a family tournament one time ($50 freezeout tournament with 25 players), and she made a ridiculous hero call against our uncle on the river, which put her in the chip lead with only 6 players left. To this day, it was one of the best calls I've seen.
The problem she has is that after a while, she simply loses interest. I think if I got her into super turbos or online cash games, she'd do well. Right now, she has a some higher priorities to take care of. I suppose I will stick to supplementing our income with poker. :D