How do you see this?

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In sahmatah player looking several moves ahead.Is it possible to look ahead to poker player?How do you see this?

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you mean chess? In poker you can do it like this: if turn card is offsuit king or ace I am going to bluff ...

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always some kind of thoughts what I gonna do if the turn or river is this kind of card and is it good or bad to my range.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There must always be a game plan and every move

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chess and poker are completely different things. In chess, the player’s skill, tactical training and theoretical preparation always wins. In poker, everything is different. How would you prepare for a game session, whatever plans you make for the game, a high proportion of chance in everything drops out in a flash when cards are drawn! In chess, you can really calculate your and your opponent’s moves in front of you, this will not work in poker.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If this is a new player at the table, I do not recommend making hasty conclusions and making hasty decisions. It is always better to remain patient and careful.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is possible, there are studies on this, if you research and want to add knowledge I suggest you do some research and study more about this term!

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In sahmatah player looking several moves ahead.Is it possible to look ahead to poker player?How do you see this?
I understand chess that way (I see not only I noticed that you use a translator).:D:D:D
Why not, I always have several options for development after getting pocket cards, and after the flop, I know exactly what moves I will make! And as in chess (only here there can be more than one opponent, plus the dealer:)), depending on the development of the situation, this or that plan is realizuetsya, or not!

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think you need to learn how to play chess well, it will help to calculate the poker hand.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to learn how to play chess well, it will help to calculate the poker hand.
I completely agree with A fox 666. I do not see any similarities between chess and poker, absolutely two different games. I don’t even know how the ability to play chess well will help you calculate poker combinations and win a tournament.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not compare chess and poker. In chess, there are a series of moves already calculated ahead and have names. There is no such thing in poker. In chess, all pieces of yours and the opponent are all in sight. In poker, you don’t know exactly what the opponent has and what card will be next. There is no bluff in chess.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Chess and poker are completely different things. In chess, the player’s skill, tactical training and theoretical preparation always wins. In poker, everything is different. How would you prepare for a game session, whatever plans you make for the game, a high proportion of chance in everything drops out in a flash when cards are drawn! In chess, you can really calculate your and your opponent’s moves in front of you, this will not work in poker.

I completely agree with A fox 666. I do not see any similarities between chess and poker, absolutely two different games. I don’t even know how the ability to play chess well will help you calculate poker combinations and win a tournament.

I don't think the OP was asking whether or not being good at chess might make someone better at poker. They were just saying that you can anticipate and plan several moves ahead in chess, and (I think) asking if that can also be done in poker. If that WAS the question, then the answer's yes. For example, if I'm on the button with pocket Jacks 9-handed then, before the UTG player has acted, I will already have planned to do my standard 3bb raise if nobody limps in before me; raise to 3bb + 1bb-per-limper if players have limped in; re-raise to 1.75x pot size if one player has raised before me; just call if there has been a raise and a re-raise before me; and fold if there have been three raises before me. Those are my plans 6 moves ahead of the game (because the players in seats 3 to 8 each make a move that affects what I do when the action reaches me in seat 9), but I will actually have planned at least 8 moves ahead, because I will have plans for what I'm going to do if someone three-bets my opening raise, or four-bets my three-bet, or someone re-raises after I just-called, etc etc. Poker involves a LOT of planning ahead, or at least it does the way I play it. :)

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on your strategy it all depends on how you are going to play the game. I believe that always using thought and logic and study is the best, after all it is a sport of the mind

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
______Patience
_____cOncentration
_____sKills
grind Every day
_____pRofit
:)

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in poker the same thing, you need to calculate before your actions and possible actions of the opponent