How do you rate the level of Cardschat players?

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A few days ago I played a tournament here at pokerstars, Cardschat at Platinum level, and I even commented that the level of players in that tournament was very good in general, we always find players who play a little looser, some who call with bad hands, but in In my humble opinion I think the level is better than I expected, not that I'm a great player, but I've always tried to play well by the rules. I would like to know the opinion of friends, thanks lol.:)

Last edited:
Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone here is constantly looking to improve their game so the field overall is superior to most other micro stakes tournaments as there are so many recreational players who don't focus so much on long term profit, just on instant fun and challenge.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think we're all good players in our own little ways lol. You will find the full gambit of player types here at cardschat.

Some extremely loose whales, get in any 2 the first hand, play just for the fun (me)

Some extremely tight, only play top 10% of hands, folds unless holding the nuts

Some solid tag, play 15-20% of hands and plays them aggressively ,occasional 3bet

Some loose aggro, play 25-35% of hands, loose 3bets, sticky, likes to get involved

Last but not least a large majority of the players here are loose passive. Like to limp in 40-50% of hands, will check down 4 high 3 streets, puts in piles of chips or overbet jams the flop when they hit the nuts, but only puts in chips when they hit something. Will call you down with 3rd or 4th pair all willy nilly because you "prolly have AK"

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also positively assess the level of players - participants of Сardschat. In particular, this applies to players who are already permanent members of the forum.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can look at the leaderboards and see the money won. There are some very good players here ranging down to not very good exploitive players like me. I dont get to play many freerolls any more but I do enjoy the ones I get in. The amount of money you can win here in freerolls is kinda mindboggling. It will make you improve even though you have no investment but your time. Where else can you see several players with $3K in 6 months from freerolls? Some of thats from buy in games I guess, but the buy ins I see are only like $3.30 entry. So this is the best educational site available. Good videos and guides and a lot of free practice in worthwhile games against some really good players.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
The amount of money you can win here in freerolls is kinda mindboggling. Where else can you see several players with $3K in 6 months from freerolls?

Several players? Names please.
I can think of only one player who would realistically do that but he only plays in one room and even there takes advantage of other things aswell rather than relying just on freerolls ...

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The level is very high. And I think this is good because it helps us improve and learn from mistakes, we have to take advantage of these tournaments where, despite being freerolls, they have a high level

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last edited:
BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill make try to make this constructive so folks don't think its just a simple bash on the community which it isn't.

So I played more than a few Cardschat freerolls on ACR from Jan to April of this year here and there and found only a few players that would be winning players without depending on freerolls to keep them from going broke.

And again, I don't mean in a negative way but too many of them were doing silly beginner moves like going all in like the 1st few levels of a tourn with some drawing hand AK, AQ, or small pairs etc.

Even if they did have a premium hand like AA, KK they still shoved hoping to get a beginner to call when they were really wasting that hand not getting any callers or getting like a few other callers in the hand and they would go bust with that premium hand. They weren't trying to isolate and play a flop.

And that leads to the next thing that they weren't trying to do and that's play flops to extract value from players which is a key sign that you're not a beginner in nl holdem.

Most of them again wanted to simplify the game into an all in preflop game where the beginner has a chance to beat a more experienced player who wants to play a flop, tries to put someone on a hand, then evaluate a board and play accordingly.

And when they were short stacked what were they doing? Did they know what hands to go with or were they again trying to simplify the game saying "I have 10 BBs I have an Ace in early position and end up shoving with Ace little when another person might wait til they're in middle late, late position and get that same hand and be able to identify a few tight players after them and try that same move with 6, 7 or 8BBs.

Or lets say you had a big stack and we're near the money and you lose a big pot but you can still cash because you still have a lot chips compared to the field then I was looking to see if you could hunker down, realize the situation and play your best to grind out a cash but what did I see the majority of the time?

I saw what I expected from beginners who would not shift gears and just gave up on the next hand, going all in with some silly trash hand and going bust before cashing.

The post is long enough and there are so many things to look for but I would say a lot of them were on the beginner level, finding their way and enjoying the games and that's fine.

I would say that I enjoyed playing the majority of freerolls with the community on ACR but towards the end with so many sit outs and the folks not even knowing starting hands and the all in preflops it was like ugh I had enough and didn't play too many afterwards, lol.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
CardsChat Leaderboard - Winners of Poker Freeroll & Buyin Competitions
The top 73 in this list have over $1K in winnings this year.
The top 4 over $4K each

This TOP73 shows probably what these individuals have won ever since joining this site ...
That TOP4 you mentioned have been here nearly 10 years or so therefore that kind of amounts are probably understandable - for example i have been here like 4 years (and few months) but have won only like 383$ or so over the years - absolutely an average result ...

On average winner in (most) cardchat freerolls is getting something between 20-190$ (depending on tournaments prizepool) so it would be kinda difficult even for these very best ones to get few thousand in couple months just by playing our games ...

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill make try to make this constructive so folks don't think its just a simple bash on the community which it isn't.

So I played more than a few Cardschat freerolls on ACR from Jan to April of this year here and there and found only a few players that would be winning players without depending on freerolls to keep them from going broke.

And again, I don't mean in a negative way but too many of them were doing silly beginner moves like going all in like the 1st few levels of a tourn with some drawing hand AK, AQ, or small pairs etc.

Even if they did have a premium hand like AA, KK they still shoved hoping to get a beginner to call when they were really wasting that hand not getting any callers or getting like a few other callers in the hand and they would go bust with that premium hand. They weren't trying to isolate and play a flop.

And that leads to the next thing that they weren't trying to do and that's play flops to extract value from players which is a key sign that you're not a beginner in nl holdem.

Most of them again wanted to simplify the game into an all in preflop game where the beginner has a chance to beat a more experienced player who wants to play a flop, tries to put someone on a hand, then evaluate a board and play accordingly.

And when they were short stacked what were they doing? Did they know what hands to go with or were they again trying to simplify the game saying "I have 10 BBs I have an Ace in early position and end up shoving with Ace little when another person might wait til they're in middle late, late position and get that same hand and be able to identify a few tight players after them and try that same move with 6, 7 or 8BBs.

Or lets say you had a big stack and we're near the money and you lose a big pot but you can still cash because you still have a lot chips compared to the field then I was looking to see if you could hunker down, realize the situation and play your best to grind out a cash but what did I see the majority of the time?

I saw what I expected from beginners who would not shift gears and just gave up on the next hand, going all in with some silly trash hand and going bust before cashing.

The post is long enough and there are so many things to look for but I would say a lot of them were on the beginner level, finding their way and enjoying the games and that's fine.

I would say that I enjoyed playing the majority of freerolls with the community on ACR but towards the end with so many sit outs and the folks not even knowing starting hands and the all in preflops it was like ugh I had enough and didn't play too many afterwards, lol.
Sounds like a good explanation of what's here. Of course, there are also excellent players who take advantage of these weaknesses and manage to capitalize.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good level, hard to get to the final tables (at least in my case). I'm a bit bored by closed players who take a long time to get to the prizes.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I see all type of players like in any other mtts

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A few days ago I played a tournament here at Pokerstars, Cardschat at Platinum level, and I even commented that the level of players in that tournament was very good in general, we always find players who play a little looser, some who call with bad hands, but in In my humble opinion I think the level is better than I expected, not that I'm a great player, but I've always tried to play well by the rules. I would like to know the opinion of friends, thanks lol.:)
Can you expand on what you are asking with the question 'How do you rate the level of CardsChat players?'

Not sure if you're asking for opinions on the ability level of CC players, or instead how to assess what level an individual CC player is at... :icon_scra

It's all relative! :biggrin:

In my experience you definitely get different types/levels of fields depending on which platform the CC game is being hosted on.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had to play with all kinds of players, the first 45 minutes there are many players who play any hand, then I think the majority that remain are those who do take it seriously

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
most of the players here are good and very nice players in the game of poker; I am very happy with this poker community and it is an honor and a joy for me to be able to play here.:)

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are players of all skill levels, however, even the good players are starting to play more and more loosely due to the field's tendency to not fold. I believe the game is getting more and more like regular frerrols. The only difference I see today from the common free is the amount of player.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very difficult to give an accurate gauge on the standard. We don't really know what these free rolls mean to players, are players just playing out of habit, and the prize pot means nothing to their bankroll, and with that, they are just playing very loose (which i see a lot) grinding for 2/3/4 hours for a few bucks. They don't take it seriously.

On the other hand, there are those, that do care about winning some cash to build a bankroll, they play a/b/c poker.

There is a good mix, of all sorts of styles & standards.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High level. My opponents make few mistakes. But it's more pleasant when you manage to win. And this allows you to develop the skill of the game faster or keep yourself in good shape. If you haven't played for a long time, then you can restore the lost tone for free.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I have found that some are very good. Others are frustrating to play against, as they will go all in with any 2 cards.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few days ago I played a tournament here at Pokerstars, Cardschat at Platinum level, and I even commented that the level of players in that tournament was very good in general, we always find players who play a little looser, some who call with bad hands, but in In my humble opinion I think the level is better than I expected, not that I'm a great player, but I've always tried to play well by the rules. I would like to know the opinion of friends, thanks lol.:)
In general, the platinum tournament level in the community is at the microlimit level of $4.4. But most players feel at the level of regulars of low limits. So winning this tournament is worth a lot. Of course, there are players who play very freely and even reach the finals. I attribute this mainly to the fact that these are players with high limits or completely beginners.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are players of different levels, from happy-go-lucky with any two to pretty solid players. Overall because of the tight group and low AFS (average field size), Cardschat tournaments give an impression that the level is higher then in some similar tournaments, even of a lot higher buy-ins. It's a good practice to level up your game by learning how to play vs different playing styles and types of players, if you gonna play regularly and pay attention.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is a high level, mainly because there is a lot of learning material on the site, and cause the community is developing itself by advice, discussions tc

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say our cardschat players at Platinum level are generally better than your average recreational player and certainly a higher level than most freerolls. It just makes logical sense though: after all, cardschat is a community for learning and poker discussion, so it would make sense the higher levels would be accomplished players.

I still gawk at so many cardschat profiles being League Captains, tournament winners and members who've been on this site longer than I've been playing poker!

In my opinion, even slightly "higher level" than the Platinum games are the Team League and Individual League games by cardschat. It gives me good practice and experience trying to perform well against these cards sharks ;)