How do you feel when players chat in their language?

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What in hell are u guys on about??? How can i help my buddy if we chat on our language???hmmm... Do u have any idea how moronic u sound??? How idiotic u guys make yourself look like, when u say crap like that...
All i can help him with is, is to tell him the players his up against tendency`s, like exactly what happened today, i was playing on a table for a long time, when a buddy of mine joined my table, the BB was on him, and the loose guy on the table raised his BB, now i know that my buddy is good at poker, so surely i am not going to tell him what to do, i knew he was going to cal him, and crush him with his post flop game, hes good that way :D, but to my surprise he folded his hand, so i told him, dont worry about that guy bro 2 much, hes loose and likes to steal blinds, and the very next hand my buddy cleaned this guy out, now i know he would have done the same thing 2-3 hands down the road, once he figures out that his up against a loose player, but i helped him to beat the guy in his second hand on the table :D
And that`s all i can do to help some1 on the table, i cant watch the other players whole cards once i fold my hand, this is not live tv, all i can do is to say this guys a NIT, that guys a loose canon, and that guy is a moron :D :D :D
Ouuu and btw, when did english became official poker language, as far as i can recall, all the live coverages of poker from EPT`s to wsop`s are covered in many language`s, english is not the only language in the world, this goes for the ONLY english speaking players, canadians, australians, people of UK, u dont have ownership on poker, so u cant ask for ONLY ENGLISH at the table, learn a faking language, if i can learn your language, and couple of other i have learned, so can u, but i guess u r used to everything going your way for so long, u thought it will last forever :D

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What in hell are u guys on about??? How can i help my buddy if we chat on our language???hmmm... Do u have any idea how moronic u sound??? How idiotic u guys make yourself look like, when u say crap like that...
All i can help him with is, is to tell him the players his up against tendency`s, like exactly what happened today, i was playing on a table for a long time, when a buddy of mine joined my table, the BB was on him, and the loose guy on the table raised his BB, now i know that my buddy is good at poker, so surely i am not going to tell him what to do, i knew he was going to cal him, and crush him with his post flop game, hes good that way :D, but to my surprise he folded his hand, so i told him, dont worry about that guy bro 2 much, hes loose and likes to steal blinds, and the very next hand my buddy cleaned this guy out, now i know he would have done the same thing 2-3 hands down the road, once he figures out that his up against a loose player, but i helped him to beat the guy in his second hand on the table :D
And that`s all i can do to help some1 on the table, i cant watch the other players whole cards once i fold my hand, this is not live tv, all i can do is to say this guys a NIT, that guys a loose canon, and that guy is a moron :D :D :D
Ouuu and btw, when did english became official poker language, as far as i can recall, all the live coverages of poker from EPT`s to WSOP`s are covered in many language`s, english is not the only language in the world, this goes for the ONLY english speaking players, canadians, australians, people of UK, u dont have ownership on poker, so u cant ask for ONLY ENGLISH at the table, learn a faking language, if i can learn your language, and couple of other i have learned, so can u, but i guess u r used to everything going your way for so long, u thought it will last forever :D

I don't give a damn whether you're colluding or not,you need to follow the CC rules as long as you are member of the Freeroll Club.Btw it is rude and inappropriate to speak other languages in the present of the other members.They are literally hundreds of language in the world,how would you expect others to learn those language?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
By saying something that influences the hand that the other players don't understand.

Case and point. Poker is an individual game (unless in a special format) You shouldn't be helping people win hands. Whether you do so in English or Spanish is irrelevant at this point.

And you shouldn't be saying these things. If person A is tanking thinking about calling person B and I say "Person B is a NIT" I've potentially influenced the hand which is unfair to person B.

Ouuu and btw, when did english became official poker language, as far as i can recall, all the live coverages of poker from EPT`s to WSOP`s are covered in many language`s, english is not the only language in the world, this goes for the ONLY english speaking players, canadians, australians, people of UK, u dont have ownership on poker, so u cant ask for ONLY ENGLISH at the table, learn a faking language, if i can learn your language, and couple of other i have learned, so can u, but i guess u r used to everything going your way for so long, u thought it will last forever :D

No one said English is the official poker language though most rooms and sites tend to have English only rules.

Are you really asking every poker dealer and floor manager to learn hundreds of different languages? Or is it easier to have a one language rule to ensure fairness in the games.

If there's a room with a Mandarin Chinese only rule and I decide to play there I'm not going to complain when I get scolded for speaking English.
I probably wouldn't play there since I don't speak a word of the language.

And I concede that it sucks for players who don't speak English since most rooms are English only. But until we get to a point where everyone speaks every language I'm in favor of a 'x' only speaking rule.

Edit: And I guess on the flip side. If a place allows for members to speak in whatever language they want they are free to do so.

Last edited:
Mason Pye

Mason Pye

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It shouldn't be allowed, it could be collusion! They should only be able to be allowed to speak English

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn't bother me. I hardly pay attention to chat unless its to congratulate someone on a good hand.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we dont speak about what cards we have i dont see point about we talking here.U can translate and if someone talk about cards than u report if u dont have clever jobs

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live or online it doesn't really bother me. As long as they aren't helping each other out or anything like that.

leafsfan1973

leafsfan1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep i just ignore and close the chat window or ignore the player learnt a long timeago you can't control other peoples actions at the table

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It should be better if they speak English

tolka4off

tolka4off

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually all tournament's chat in English cause it's international language.
I often use chat while playing poker: listening music and concentrating on game.
But if someone asks question that i could answer - i'll do it.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always translate stranger chat conversation to be aware of. Sometimes I interpose his word in the conversation for the sake of curiosity, regardless of language. Though the Chinese, for this is the translator. Not all poker rooms, you can insert a copy of the translation. And that's bad. Then he PRINT English. I hardly know.

D

dimebag_hann

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't pay attention to the chat.