How do you feel when players chat in their language?

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually just ignore all the chat, very rarely ill join in if the player is talking in English

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online, I don't say anything, as some don't speak English and I know they want to socialize too. Learning how to play the game for the first time is one thing, but sharing information is cheating.

But live, while I'm in a hand, I have said English only please, as in the past players have table talked about what hands they folded, etc., in their own languages, (Japanese Russian, Chinese, etc) during the hand. Its hard to enforce English only at the tables here in Korea, as sometimes none of them speak English at all.

One time in a trny, the table chipleader was always having a conversation with her Mongolian boyfriend who was standing next to her. Come to find out, he's telling her what to do, but not only that he was caught looking at the other players cards at the table. I told the dealer, and he was told to move away, no wonder she was the chip leader!

i wonder if you could ask your dealer to share any information that is revealed in korean with you in english?

but yeah, online, if youre really suspicious, you can copy paste the chat into google translate.

Lubzhen

Lubzhen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I know all rooms are allowed to communicate only in English. During the game I don't pay attention to chat.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but yeah, online, if youre really suspicious, you can copy paste the chat into google translate.

English is the only language allowed in the chat box according to most poker site policy.Also not all words can be translated properly using Google Translate.My suggestion is to capture a screenshot and paste it in this thread so all our CC members could help to translate,even if it happened in the CC freeroll.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And how should i feel, i feel normal just ignoring it if they woud try to corporate they woudnt be using table chat ^^.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I know all rooms are allowed to communicate only in English. During the game I don't pay attention to chat.

Its not true, if u got at lobby tournament info thath communication is only allowed in engilsh then yes :).

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Often I see what they say in their language chat it is the brazilians and russians.
russian language I understand and never met that helped each other

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever notice some player help another at the game?would you do that? Have ever been rude on the game and for what raison?

It is forbidden in poker rooms, only english is allowed. If you see such things, after warnings you can report it to the room since players cant help each other (or playing against others) by discussing cards. OFC I talk about big tournaments or cash games, not private tourneys.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not true, if u got at lobby tournament info thath communication is only allowed in engilsh then yes :).

LMAO!...where do you got that info?Let me make it clear for you,according to pokerstars policy on most tables,English is the only language allowed to be used in PokerStars chat except in specially designated ‘national’ tournaments.Its not the other way around LOL!

4cceede92755e8ba32236ee046ec45da.png

How to report any issues regarding to chat.

fa0d43c4eb28b9295a906c5d1fa5385e.png

SOURCE:Pokerstars Poker Room Policies.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly there ar more sorts of tournaments then u think i see i can prove u with screens thath not only eng language is avaible there Private tournaments there countries torurnaments and manymany more thaths why usually there is info at tournament lobby like "At this tournament chat is avaible only ....Eng" if it would be for all Tournaments, i think there would be message upon the chat only engilsh avaible.

It is forbidden in poker rooms, only english is allowed. If you see such things, after warnings you can report it to the room since players cant help each other (or playing against others) by discussing cards. OFC I talk about big tournaments or cash games, not private tourneys.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guessing u are saying it by one Room Pokerstars so i hate this "ALL Poker Rooms". if it is not unthinkable for u there are too rooms what dont even use English ^^.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guessing u are saying it by one Room Pokerstars so i hate this "ALL Poker Rooms". if it is not unthinkable for u there are too rooms what dont even use English ^^.

What exactly are you trying to say?Perhaps someone could help translate this for me because I tried the google translate already LOL.^^

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once a tournament player from Kazakhstan before going all in told me that he had AA :)

That is not fair to other players,also for you in that moment it was good,but next time there will be 2 players who are from other country and they will talk about AA.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U saying at all Poker Rooms is one egeible Language Engilsh and im saing its not true, more if for u Pokerstars means all rooms then i told u there are poker rooms what dont use English language if its not unthinkabe for u ^^. Hope u will be able to understand now "LOL^^"
Edit/
Pokerstars(countries,private and couple others)may use others languages, " so even here u not right and i meaned dont say All poker rooms becouse there are Poker Softs What Dont got even one english word.
And evry room like Pkr,Party,redbet and many more, each got he's own terms so its what im trying to say.

Last edited:
J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U saying at all Poker Rooms is one egeible Language Engilsh and im saing its not true, more if for u Pokerstars means all rooms then i told u there are poker rooms what dont use English language if its not unthinkabe for u ^^. Hope u will be able to understand now "LOL^^"
Edit/
Pokerstars(countries,private and couple others)may use others languages, " so even here u not right and i meaned dont say All poker rooms becouse there are Poker Softs What Dont got even one english word.
And evry room like Pkr,Party,redbet and many more, each got he's own terms so its what im trying to say.

I still can't understand LOL!!! :rofl:

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heh dude i see u cannot be owned i speak perfect 3 languages english is fourth unfortunally my knowledge about writing is very bad but its not horrible im sure u know what i had on mind so im passing, if u like we can talk or write German, Polish or Spanish then I laugh at you as long as you know though few words in these 3 languages

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heh dude i see u cannot be owned i speak perfect 3 languages english is fourth unfortunally my knowledge about writing is very bad but its not horrible im sure u know what i had on mind so im passing, if u like we can talk or write German, Polish or Spanish then I laugh at you as long as you know though few words in these 3 languages

Perhaps you need to be careful every time you press that keyboard because somebody might misunderstood what the hell are you trying say.Stop making clever remark if you cannot afford to because it could easily be misleading.Btw English is only my second language.Perhaps I can challenge you to speak in my own language?

Edu4594

Edu4594

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes these types of players hampers and much, making the person lose concentration may lose up to a beautiful pot, but I usually tend to mutate them.

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that it's basically against the rules but I usually just ignore them. Even if i told them to speak english or sth, they'd happily ignore me. I've seen people trying to tell others they should speak English to no avail. Some tourneys however can have exceptions and you don't have to speak only English

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have trash talked at table, usually on a losing streak or unfortunate beats. I think the best way to react is ignore and inform player that you have blocked their chat. I have been rude as well, and it is wrong for me to do so. Best line I ever heard was blame the game, not the player. I have been chastised for my rudeness, which was the correct thing to do.

I think that language rules should be followed. I hate it when someone talks about action in a language other than table standard. If they want to use their own language, play on appropriate language tables

Last edited by a moderator:
eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wish they would monitor the language more often in these games. Poker stars does have warnings sometimes that only english can be used. Players don't adhere to those rules, and think it is unfair.

Pokerstars may have English only message, but unless they say it in several languages, a foreign player may not know how to read English.

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they need to be banned from the table period, poker is about socializing and having fun with one another.