How Do You Feel When...

S

ShawanG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you fold a decent starting hand preflop and that hand ends up making nuts by the end of the river and on top of that two people on hand are throwing chips while we are seating there crushing ourselves for not playing that hand.
It happens when we are in blind too like we are getting priced in but we have a hand like 93o and we just throw it away and then flop is 993.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
that happens a lot but you would not throw a pair of AA or KK playing a hand like 93 would be crazy unless you are in the big blind and do not have to put more chips remember that poker is unpredictable and anything can happen

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
93o is not interesting, it is better when 27o and a few people go all-in, and you fold, and the river turns out a flush with 2 and you would beat everyone. :D
Don't get discouraged, learn to win with what you're in the game with.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday I've knocked out 3 players in the bounty tourney with 83s, flopped set and ended with quads 8.

3bb stack went all in UTG+1, 15BB stack went all in, my stack was around 50bb so I called for the bounty, one more player with stack above 100bb behind me pushed all-in, then SB with 40bb stack called it. I believe I couldn't fold even with 83 hearts. So each one of them had an ace. Crazy. Lucky. Dumb. But who cares, I won and that's it.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At my age (68), my bad memory is a blessing...I often forget what cards I had after I fold (playing live)...I try not to dwell on it.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I really don’t mind because I know that the right move was fold the hand, like in your example of 93, even if in the end I would make the nuts.

SgtStarMan

SgtStarMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I remind myself it is a +EV fold preflop and let it go / next hand.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think the most important thing is to play correctly, disciplined and make good, quality decisions. In my opinion, you should not play with junk, even if in the end you could get a better hand.
Good luck.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
I think the most important thing is to play correctly, disciplined and make good, quality decisions. In my opinion, you should not play with junk, even if in the end you could get a better hand.
Good luck.

Hello, Newzooozooo. You are so, so right. Cheers!

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you fold a decent starting hand preflop and that hand ends up making nuts by the end of the river and on top of that two people on hand are throwing chips while we are seating there crushing ourselves for not playing that hand.
It happens when we are in blind too like we are getting priced in but we have a hand like 93o and we just throw it away and then flop is 993.
62o UTG
Hits for a full house every time you don’t bet on it. Nothing worse than only the wrong cards hitting. Your button AK wiffs, sb 38o hits, bb 27o hits, UTG AA cracks, UTG1 34o hits a straight, MP1 K10s wiffs and so on and so on. This game can suck ass when you are missing monster after monster pot on crap cards and losing your shirt with every pair of Aa or KK.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I felt frustrated long time ago .
Now when I fold a certain hand, I don't look too much at how that hand run

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is statistics and luck at some point and if you start hitting boards I take that as a sign that my seat is lucky and I'm about to start hitting hands so I start playing more hands and actually do start winning. Then most of the time I'm like okay I should have this much by now so I make myself work harder to get more chips to cover what I would have won that one hand.

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion it is the right way to fold hands like this, yes you can win with this hand but most time i think you will loose and so better to forget about some $ which you could win in total you will loose more $ as you will win with it.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sounds like you are looking for excuses for negative thinking. Situations do occur where one is priced in with any 2 cards, but that does not make 93 a good starting hand. You also have to remember that had you stayed in the hand your participation in the hand most likely would have effected the play of the others at the table. Instead of watching & wondering what if, try focusing on how & why opponents in the hand are playing. Information gained helps improve ones play down the road. What if's just drive one crazy.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think about card i folded. Especially when playing multi tables. You never see the flop turn and river sometimes

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Instead of 'What if'... think about 'What is'
What is the best play at the given time. After that, the rest doesn't matter & is a complete waste of mental energy.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't be results oriented. Sure, sometimes 72 will flop a full house, but if you play 72 hoping for that you will lose money in the long run. You make the right decision when you folded it, regardless of the results.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am calm when it falls out like this, because I dump the garbage right away. More to lose than gain This time I was unlucky that I folded, but it turned out to be nuts, but with a normal hand and play, there will definitely be arrivals and wins.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
It happened to me.

But is that sometimes the rivals bet a lot, more than what is statistically convenient to pay the PreFlop hand and if good cards come to the River, no way, to shout in silence to remove the anger.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you start playing hands like 93 you will turn out to be like most who play cards like that! What most call a donk or fish!

L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 99,99% of the time it won't Happen and when it Happen who cares i made the right decision and it saves me more money if i fold it every time than i play it!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont even think about it. I folded the hand and that is the end of it. While it would be nice to triple up why would I want to play 93o? I play poker not bingo.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It happens to me that when I fold those marginal hands and they come out on the flop it doesn't hurt because I know that most of the time I would lose and it was the best option !! apart if we were fortune-tellers we would all be millionaires, don't you think ??? regards

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When it happens, I`d like stars software to be dependent on me and to be able to play that hand once again. Dreams...

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens to me very often, but it is part of the game ... if one knew what cards are coming it would be great hahaha