How do i find noobs in poker.

L

Lubaka0108

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So im currently using pokerstars and PokerTracker to play poker. Im quite new and i dont know how to find people as good as me or below my level... i've been getting crushed lately on 1/2cents tables (like 2-3 weeks no withdraw yet). I only play them because i want to learn and when im ready i will go on 2/5cents. Im currently watching podcasts and other things.. but i dont think anyone told in them (as far as i've seen) how to find newbies in poker. :confused:

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would focus on your game first, try to improve your game before you try to hunt for "noobies" as you said you got crushed, so focus on improving your game first study your game look at the hands you played and look for the mistakes you made, after that you can try to find the fishes in the sea,

you can easily see when someone is a fish, they play 90% of their hands they bet call/limp a lot, it's better to get those players to show-down since you can get a sense of how they play after a few times, focus on the tables and once you see something that makes you think "oh he is a fish" mark the player and keep an eye on him, you can also use those on good players,agressive players, sharks, etc

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So im currently using PokerStars and PokerTracker to play poker. Im quite new and i dont know how to find people as good as me or below my level... i've been getting crushed lately on 1/2cents tables (like 2-3 weeks no withdraw yet). I only play them because i want to learn and when im ready i will go on 2/5cents. Im currently watching podcasts and other things.. but i dont think anyone told in them (as far as i've seen) how to find newbies in poker. :confused:

First, welcome to the CC community.

From what I've read, you're just starting out in poker, so look, you're also a "newbie" to poker, right?

Study, seek basic cash game strategies, train with fictional game.

After fixing it well, put your money on the line.

If you don't do an initial study, you will just lose money.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
So im currently using PokerStars and PokerTracker to play poker. Im quite new and i dont know how to find people as good as me or below my level... i've been getting crushed lately on 1/2cents tables (like 2-3 weeks no withdraw yet). I only play them because i want to learn and when im ready i will go on 2/5cents. Im currently watching podcasts and other things.. but i dont think anyone told in them (as far as i've seen) how to find newbies in poker. :confused:
Since you've been crushed at 1/2cents, that means you're a noob yourself. In the beginning, you have to spend several hundred hours playing and learning the ABC of poker. If you know the basics, then you will be able to spot the noob at the table very quickly.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

The Microlimits are full of newbies, I have been lucky lately and I have obtained strong profits in the tournaments, I decided to try myself after a long time in the 1/2 cent rooms and the truth is that it has not been so bad for me, today I managed to obtain profits of 6 dollars in my session, it is a matter of studying the opponents.

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats exactly where the noobies are. I recommend you buy some cash game course and start studying, like from Raise Your Edge or BBZ

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noobs are clicking check-fold button))

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Greetings being a newbie I couldn't answer hehehe :D

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Finding newbies in online poker is difficult when you are a newbie yourself. There are newbies and more advanced players at the tables, and sometimes newbies play better than those who have been playing longer. I understand from your question that you want to play with people who are on your level. To get at a table with only newbies is impossible at pokerstars all you can do there is work on your game and try to get better and then after a certain time you will see who is good at poker and who is not. I can't remember if it was fulltilt back then or 888 but there were extra freerolls for newbies and they were only available to newbies but that was a few years ago and 888 doesn't have it anymore and fulltilt is as far as I know have now been merged into pokerstars and can therefore no longer be found as an independent poker room. In the beginning you make a lot of mistakes in poker but you learn from them and every mistake if you learn from it helps to get better at poker.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off, I think you should look in the mirror. Second, it doesn't work that way. Get into a game that challenges you, improve your own game first. Guess what, good players are looking for you.

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ask your friends to play with you, that is as good as it can get for you. Online will always be fierce!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In MTTs its easy to find the fish, just sharkscope players and color code them, then look for lobbys with a bunch of fish in them before registering.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first you have to learn solid strategies that work to be a winner in poker, with perseverant study you will achieve things, and to find newbies in poker you have to select your tables well, it is very easy to detect recreational players, always placing their notes and play against them.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play mtts

I'd take a gander to say tourament field is softer than your average cash table

AzazeL0707

AzazeL0707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
If that’s your tactic you should stick to the free poker plenty of noobs there 😄

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not all NEWBIES are NOOBS. There is a good amount in the lower stake tourney and especially in the micro cash tables

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Not sure you are looking at this in the right context. I'd focus on my own skill level and analyze the hands that "crushed" you. You will recognize a player of less skill and exploit them at the table through history with past hands, playing out of position, folding on raise post flop, and general poor play.

Focus on improving your skill set and those "noobs" will expose themselves at the table.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
To search for noobs you need to be not a noob. At low limits - 90% of weak players. You just need to play better.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Cardchat bronze (and social media) games are usually full of them therefore ...

B

bannerman1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my user name bannerman if you can find me your definately in business

S

StepUp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your question had to be paraphrased as follow;

Where can I find players of same level as mine (note I ama newbie playing mainly NL2c as a start) and the answer will be as anyone else highlighted firstable focus on studing the game and having a certain understanding of the game dynamic and what ranges are then study board textures and pot sizings etc when you feel ready to play for real money try to implement what you have learnt and try to start understanding players tendancies and profiles take note of their hands and their moves( are they calling too much, are they playing afraid, are they playing tight range and so on ) once you understand the players types you will know who is the fish. Someone said once "If you don't spot the Fish in the first 30minutes you are the Fish." Gl on the felt

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think you need to start playing freerolls, and try to build a bankroll in this way, improve your skills and gain the experience you need. Freerolls are always a great option for a beginner.
Good luck.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would be curious how a noobie uses Poker Tracker. One of the main advantages of online poker is the opportunity to gain experience quicker by playing many more hands. Not sure of the value of Poker Tracker, especially if you are paying for it, for new player. You need to have a sense of what you are doing in order to gain much value from P.T. If cash games are what interest you & you have the bankroll to lose while you learn fine, but understand cash games have a substantial number of serious players & until you have a fairly decent understanding of what you are trying to do it can be an expensive way to learn.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would focus on your game first try to improve your game before trying to look for "newbies" like you said you got crushed so focus on improving your game first study your game look at the hands you played and look for the mistakes you made after that you can try to find the fish in the sea

you can easily see when someone is a fish they play 90% of their hands they bet many times it is better to make those players collide as you can get a feel for how they play after a couple of times, focus on the tables and once you see something that makes you think "oh, it's a fish", mark the player and keep an eye out. in it, you can also use them on good players, aggressive players, sharks

Thank you very much for your answer!Without a doubt, this kind of feedback helps us to improve!:love:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You came to the correct website.

Here is the CardsChat poker course - free of charge...

Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days - CardChat.com™ (cardschat.com)