How to deal with 'beggers'

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
razdwatrzy (Observer): Can anyone can send me 2$ for this ?
i'll pay you more if i cash, please ?
JohnBoyWWFC: sure
JohnBoyWWFC: if u answer 3 questions
razdwatrzy (Observer): ok.
JohnBoyWWFC: what is ev
razdwatrzy (Observer): expected value.
JohnBoyWWFC: ok
JohnBoyWWFC: which Mizrachi family member most recently won a tournament?
razdwatrzy (Observer): Michael.
JohnBoyWWFC: oooh
JohnBoyWWFC: unlucky
JohnBoyWWFC: good try though man
razdwatrzy (Observer): : (
JohnBoyWWFC: the answer was Michael's mother 'mommagrinder
razdwatrzy (Observer): please man. i can play : (
JohnBoyWWFC: you knew the terms and conditions
razdwatrzy (Observer): Micheal won wsop. so answer was good though.
JohnBoyWWFC: oooh
JohnBoyWWFC: digging a deeper hole
JohnBoyWWFC: Johnathan Duhamel won the WSOP
razdwatrzy (Observer): ouch. yes. i'm little tired...
JohnBoyWWFC: wow shouldnt play MTTs tired
JohnBoyWWFC: and I was thinking of sending it as well

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
lol. Nice!

Now that is one of the best ways I've seen so far.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that was a very very sneaky question john.

i think beggers come to every final table of every tournament.. they're everywhere.

LizaMayra

LizaMayra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why beg? and for $2... I can picture that in the Nosebleed Cash Games... when Gus Hansen, Phil Ivey, Durrrr, and the other big pros play...

I think the success rate that some one will give you money for begging is 0%

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you ever actually shipped someone a couple of dollars? ive never actually seen this going on at the table, suppose that shows how many final tables ive got to :)

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only time I shipped anyone I didn't know money was in a private forum tourney. I was chip leader at the final table and I was playing in one of full tilt's 5+5 charity tourneys the next day. I told the table that if I won the tournament(the private forum tourney), that I would send 10 dollars to the bubble boy if he gave his word to play in the charity tournament. I won the forum tourney, made my offer, it was accepted and we both played in the charity tourney the next day(Neither of us cashed, I checked).

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
american-psycho-christian-bale1.jpg

mls1024

mls1024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know why you even wasted ur time for this, but it did make for a good read

Jeight

Jeight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just read that story on mamagrinder yesterday....very original tactic to put the pan handlers in a tight spot...next time I see one of those guys at the local plazza with the card board sign that reads "Yaddah Yaddah give me money" Im going to ask 3 questions and give him some if he answers correctly. Of course I once tossed a guy like this a burger who had a will work for food sign and he threw it back at me and said "I want money so I can buy my own food" and I havent given somthing to a begger since.

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a pretty funny way to deal with people begging. I saw a Full Tilt Pro do the same sort of thing on Christmas morning. 'Cept, it was only one question, it was for $10, and he actually the gave the guy the money.

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
....very original tactic to put the pan handlers in a tight spot...next time I see one of those guys at the local plazza with the card board sign that reads "Yaddah Yaddah give me money" Im going to ask 3 questions and give him some if he answers correctly. Of course I once tossed a guy like this a burger who had a will work for food sign and he threw it back at me and said "I want money so I can buy my own food" and I havent given somthing to a begger since.

That's pretty lame. That gives homeless people a bad name. What an idiot. He was probably having a bad day, just wanted to buy a beer, and everybody kept giving him food and not money. That's why you don't fly a dumb sign like that. He should be grateful though, for whatever he gets.

I've flown signs all over the western US. And appreciated everything I was ever given. Don't let one dude ruin your ability to help the less fortunate.

soccerrunner8098

soccerrunner8098

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha thanks for the laugh johnboy

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Next time make 2 of them have a rap battle

GrimlyGrim

GrimlyGrim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it. In online games I would always tell them to write me a poem. Only one person ever got anything. Poetry is such a lost art. :(

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice John haha, I like that.

Personally when someone begs and say to me "I will pay back double blahblah, I can beat these stakes"

I just ask one simpe question, why have you no bankroll mr.micro limit crusher?

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's pretty lame. That gives homeless people a bad name. What an idiot. He was probably having a bad day, just wanted to buy a beer, and everybody kept giving him food and not money. That's why you don't fly a dumb sign like that. He should be grateful though, for whatever he gets.

I've flown signs all over the western US. And appreciated everything I was ever given. Don't let one dude ruin your ability to help the less fortunate.

Maybe he was a veggie?

C

chip06

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to mute some observers but if they're not sitting at table then I can't find them and mute them.

You can put observers chat on mute on most sites in the chat options and just see the players sitting at the tables chat. I see alot of beggers on Absloute Poker/UB when they pop up thats like a open invitation just to be given a hard time by players at the table and it can get pretty funny at times. However Absloute poker has a warning that pops up before your tourney starts about people asking for donations and the good ole beggers trick well if you transfer me $10 on this site ill transfer you $10 on some other site.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thing is, I don't have a problem with observer chat per se, it's not even beggars, they're quite good fun, it's more people who've never heard of msn and feel the need to use the chat box as a private conversation. On the subject of transferring people money you don't know, I once had an observer compliment me on my play during a tournament. He railed me the whole way for 5 hours to a £600 win for 3rd. I chipped him $10 to say thanks for the good luck he brought, he entered a couple tournaments over the next few days and came 2nd in a $1 rebuy and I'd been watching as I searched his name to see if money had gone to good use. He won $150 and sent me half to say thanks. That's good investing baby.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thing is, I don't have a problem with observer chat per se, it's not even beggars, they're quite good fun, it's more people who've never heard of msn and feel the need to use the chat box as a private conversation. On the subject of transferring people money you don't know, I once had an observer compliment me on my play during a tournament. He railed me the whole way for 5 hours to a £600 win for 3rd. I chipped him $10 to say thanks for the good luck he brought, he entered a couple tournaments over the next few days and came 2nd in a $1 rebuy and I'd been watching as I searched his name to see if money had gone to good use. He won $150 and sent me half to say thanks. That's good investing baby.

Things like that make life awesome. The fact you chipped him for luck was nice in itself. The gratification you got, not only for doing your good deed but for the fact that this character was deserving of it and showed that by his reciprocatory gesture is the cherry on top. :congrats: :)

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice way of dealing with it. Personally I just ignore them.

S

Six Hurdles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
***Threaddrift alert***

Speaking of Mizrachi, I was so frustrated with Phil Gordon. ESPN's the poker edge had a show talking about the biggest stories of the year and mizrachi was one of those stories. Phil kept referring to him as Mizrachi like chi a pet. And Andrew feldman never corrected him. Feldman skirted the issue by just calling him grinder the whole show. I was lol, cmon Phil. How long have you been around poker?

Last edited:
JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah, it really irritates me when people say MizraCHEE, not sure why really, just hurts my soul somewhat.