How to deal with a bad beat?

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you did nothing wrong and just lost because of really bad luck, take a break and get yourself back together. Release stress and anger and get back.

And dont ever take a bad beat personally. Dont let the other guy make you rage inside, because you will definitely make mistakes against him if he got you there.

B

benjustben

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
**** bol! (bet online)
just got aa cracked by 2 players calling allin with a4.
bol is such a pos!
is there a "switch" they can turn off and on? mine is deff turnt off!

B

benjustben

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
running really bad lately.. its like donksgiving!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just being in a situation where you are ahead is a victory. Bad beats will be few and far between. You are on both ends of those.

Tiger Tung

Tiger Tung

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You being a new member and your question leads me to believe you haven't played poker very long. After you been playing like a year, you should be used to bad beats of every kind you can think of, and you should be putting them behind you and go on with your game. If you are still having a serious problem with tilt after that first year, you will not go any where with your game, except deeper in the hole you are digging for yourself, instead of finding a way out. I had been playing for over 10 years when I come to CC and I had a truck load of tilt on my back, and I had no idea what to do, but I got serious about finding help and keep going. My friend, for my first 6 months here I worked mainly on how to deal with tilt. That being said, if you want things to get better, go to work and find a way. Ask 100 questions a week, use the advice to get from these experienced players. If I'm wrong say so. Stop playing 48 hours a day. When you get tired, hungry, depressed, mad, thinking of problems other than poker while playing, and the list goes on. When these guys say take a break, they don't mean 30 minutes. Take a day or more. If you don't I'm sorry to say that you are letting the game you love drag you down. and you are letting it happen without trying to do something to make it better. In other words, all of these things take away the focus that you can't do without while playing poker. And how do you plan to think when you been playing for 10 hours str8. That's my 2 cents

Thank you sir , you help me a lot.

V

vaci38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on whether you play free roll tournaments or not:)If you play free roll tournaments there is no need to annoy or be thinking where you are wrong:)because in the free roll tournaments there are players who do not think like you and me :), playing freely, you'll see sometimes has strange combination, which did not expect:mad:This is because no one has invested money to participate in the tournament, players raise white strange cards,so feel free to play, do not you worried because of the bad bet:)

Tanvir Mahmud

Tanvir Mahmud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beats are just a part of poker and i think my poker account is just full of bad beats and the worst hand that fcked me more than 100 times is AA

Tanvir Mahmud

Tanvir Mahmud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I HAVE TRIED A LOT TO STOP BUT CANT HELP MYSELF WHEN I HAD A BADBEAT I SIT AGAIN WITH FULL STACK IF I WIN 2x AND IF I LOSS THAN 0

When you face the bad beat , What did u do to stop depression of losing a big pot ? Do u continue ?

A

alex_Romejz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way is to leave the table if you are in cash if this happens to you in a tournament nothing is left to be patient and stay calm bad beats usually pass but if your game is solid you should not happen followed never change your strategy is the worst .

K

Killean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it helps a lot if you focus on the process rather than the results.

Your objective is to be a good poker player. If you're a good poker player, in the long run, you will win. You should be happy that you made the correct play and not worry about the outcome. It will happen again and if you continue to make the correct plays you'll make money. I feel embarrassed when I put a bad beat on someone because I know I screwed up. All you can do is make the best decision possible with the information available to you.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am in a bad beats zone, the loss of 2-3 buy-ins I close the session and make a break until tomorrow.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happy New Year!!! :icon_sant :party: :icon_sant
If I see that my emotions interfere with my quality play, then I make a break. It is better to take a break and then again in the battle, what I'm going to lose your money. But recently I vryamya little nervous because of the crossings. He began to treat it with humor. I think the main thing to play well and success will come to you.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break, like everyone says. Certainly, sometimes its not easy, but its necessary

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it rains, be patient, do not get excited. But better - do not play today.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
When you face the bad beat , What did u do to stop depression of losing a big pot ? Do u continue ?

Look at the next set of hole cards and concentrate on that hand.

If bad beats bother and depress you then poker is not for you.

Take up knitting.

:top:

B507

B507

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After that one (bad beat issue) - at 1st I mark the opponent in `red` color & only think about revenge !
All the time !

--
Life is short one - so hurry up by every second !

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
After that one (bad beat issue) - at 1st I mark the opponent in `red` color & only think about revenge !
All the time !

You will only be a losing player with that attitude.

:top:

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing is to take a short break if you feel tilted to make sure you don’t start playing bad.

S

Steven Curkovic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many different ways you can deal with it, a lot of players I know generally leave the table and go for a walk. I think the first step you have to do berore anything is ask yourself if you did everything you could to make sure you made the right play, and really determine if you were unlucky or if you gave your opponent some rope. Afterwards, if you did everything you could, just try to remind yourself that even if you are 95% favored in a hand to win, that 5% does get there that slim percentage of the time. The more often you play the more you will realize these bad beats and the more you learn to desensitize the shitty feeling of being unlucky. You eventually learn that these bad beats are part of the game. It's more difficult to accept when you only play once every two weeks or something cause then a bad beat stands out a lot more. If trying your hardest to remind yourself it's all part of the game and in the end Poker IS gambling, then leave the table and go for a walk, do something else for a bit and come back.

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that there is no return after a bad beat.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to sit out a hand grab a drink or if its online play i go to pushups.. call me crazy

Fernanda37

Fernanda37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be calm and think in the long term ;) (I know, never is this easy lol)

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the longer you play poker I find the less it bothers you.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Formerly, I tilt with Bad Beat, today I no longer tilt, I learned that this is part of poker and variance and follows the game

Timur23rus

Timur23rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take a break. Experience has shown that for me it is the best solution :)