How to become a Professional Player.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to become a professional poker player, the first thing to do is believe that it's possible. The second thing, and stop playing freerolls, and make your deposits regularly, but it is necessary to play in big tournaments, because the level of professionalism is higher, there is no point in playing against child and amateur players who play like crazy, it is like trying to debate with idiots, you may run out of arguments because they are idiots. The third thing is not to be afraid of losing, imagine if a player of any sport you like starts the game afraid to play, he's going to lose, so courage in poker is everything.
And the fourth and last one is consistent, as much as you don't agree, the game is fair by doing injustice, that is, you can win and lose with all the cards in the deck.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to become a professional poker player, the first thing to do is believe that it's possible. The second thing, and stop playing freerolls, and make your deposits regularly, but it is necessary to play in big tournaments, because the level of professionalism is higher, there is no point in playing against child and amateur players who play like crazy, it is like trying to debate with idiots, you may run out of arguments because they are idiots. The third thing is not to be afraid of losing, imagine if a player of any sport you like starts the game afraid to play, he's going to lose, so courage in poker is everything.
And the fourth and last one is consistent, as much as you don't agree, the game is fair by doing injustice, that is, you can win and lose with all the cards in the deck.
I disagree with the second point.
For example, if a player is a beginner and started playing poker yesterday, and today wants to become a professional, then according to your recommendations, he should refuse to play in freerolls. In my opinion, this is simply wrong.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I disagree with the second point.
For example, if a player is a beginner and started playing poker yesterday, and today wants to become a professional, then according to your recommendations, he should refuse to play in freerolls. In my opinion, this is simply wrong.
I strongly disagree with the second point too. If you cant play with crazy players you cant play anywhere. Is like playing with low rating chess player...

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not quite sure where to start with this… :LOL:

The only point that really seems agreeable is the futility of debating with idiots* - total waste of time… 😙🎶🎵

For clarity M13A13, how many years have you been a professional poker player now and what do your career earning look like please? :giggle:

*Especially if they are narrow-minded, incapable of objectivity or unwilling to listen to reason. (y)

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like your way of thinking, and I agree with most of it!
I only disagree regarding freerolls. As said above, freerolls (especially CC freerolls) are a great way for begginers to start. But in general, I agree that playing with pro's it's the best way to evolve your gameplay and I think that apply to a lot of aspects in our lifes. Playing in micro-stakes for years might not evolve your gameplay for example.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Well done, that's right, if you already have a limit level to become a pro at low limits, play for amateurs and you'll play with dunks and lose, so you're right to move to higher limits

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dear colleagues, the considerations about freerolls that you raised are just a point of view, even because freerolls serve to improve poker knowledge and skills at zero cost. However, the player must observe properly if he is ready to become a professional and go for the high values making his own bankroll with his own money, whether online or live.
From a broader point of view, how many professional players do we see in freerolls, I will quote the most famous of them Negreano, how many times do we see him playing freerolls, so it was from this observation that I realized that maybe we have to take more risks and try to face the naked reality and raw of poker.
Maybe we're a little wrong trying to bank with freeroll resources, but we have to note that professional games cost between 11 and 110 dollars.
And in general, I liked your interest in this post, it's very positive to be able to observe points of view different from mine.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In view of the vision and experiences that you have managed to conquer at the tables, it will be very good to share, so that we can create a good concept about being a professional or a great poker player.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Spoken like a true rookie.

These 4 tips to becoming a professional poker player are based upon what? Is this what you know from your own journey?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with almost everything, but I don't agree with the second point. Of couse you're not going to be a professional poker player playing only freerolls, but if you're a beginner player and start to play big tournaments, you're probably only going to lose money. If you have money to lose then that's fine. For me, you should start at small/medium stakes and grind until you become profitable in medium or higher stakes.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the main point that an aspiring professional should do is study poker a lot, then play according to your bankroll, and raise the buy-in according to the level of playability in relation to your opponents, you will never want other players to play better than you if you really want to be profitable at poker.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting thoughts, and like others above, I do agree except about playing freerolls. You just cannot compare the sat. freerolls on PS with our CC tourneys....there is a world of difference. Here you can LEARN stuff that will really get you on the road.! I mean if you want to play tennis you join a club and take lessons....you don't just rock up at Winbledon and think you're going to take Roger Federer down !!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think is was Phil helmuth who said the wsop main event is like trying to play through a minefield. You need to be able to lay with bad players and if you cant beat them who can you beat? I am not professional and wont ever be one but I have been lucky enough to play against some top pros in the WSOP and the WPT. The one thing I found interesting was this, There are bad players in any games you play. What make poker so good is if you buy in you can play. Its not about good or bad its if you want to.

You also need to remember this, there are some very strong players playing low stakes. There reasong are there own but just because there are low you should not dismiss them all.

leifen

leifen

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
play alot of hands, thousends, and study at the same time. Use microstake and also freerolls to pratice what you have study, including bankroll management. then you have made the first step of many to became a professional poker player.
So easy.. but still so hard ;)

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
make your deposits regularly
As a professional poker player You should have a good Bankroll management,:unsure: withdraw regularly and always keeping a healthy balance to play about 100x of your range. If You are depositing regularly:eek: are You paying to play or what?:ROFLMAO:

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a professional poker player You should have a good Bankroll management,:unsure: withdraw regularly and always keeping a healthy balance to play about 100x of your range. If You are depositing regularly:eek: are You paying to play or what?:ROFLMAO:
I agree, it's a theoretical question taught in books, but I observed a situation: I play at pokerstars and there are large premium tournaments where entry values vary from 5,000, 10,300,000 and 25,000 dollars, do you think that the person who pays to play in the tournament 25,000 dollars equals 2.5 million dollars, it is possible, but that person normally has a good wealth that will give him an income outside of poker that when he spends it with poker he will not miss it much, on the other hand, that person can use other ways to invest in this move, through partnership with other people who know it, or it could be that it has been accumulating earnings throughout the year to participate in the tournament.
So I don't see any problems running away from the theory of the books and playing a tournament that is within our reach worth 10 to 100 dollars, because if we lose that value, it will be the same thing that a great player did in losing his 25,000 dollars, and I Frankly, I am very suspicious that he has a bankroll of 2.5 million dollars, I think he is rich, in private equity and has income that saved per year will allow him to spend the amount.
But on the other hand, it's good to get out of the book concepts a little bit, and pay to play all of us payments, unless we find some sponsorship.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree, it's a theoretical question taught in books, but I observed a situation: I play at pokerstars and there are large premium tournaments where entry values vary from 5,000, 10,300,000 and 25,000 dollars, do you think that the person who pays to play in the tournament 25,000 dollars equals 2.5 million dollars, it is possible, but that person normally has a good wealth that will give him an income outside of poker that when he spends it with poker he will not miss it much, on the other hand, that person can use other ways to invest in this move, through partnership with other people who know it, or it could be that it has been accumulating earnings throughout the year to participate in the tournament.
So I don't see any problems running away from the theory of the books and playing a tournament that is within our reach worth 10 to 100 dollars, because if we lose that value, it will be the same thing that a great player did in losing his 25,000 dollars, and I Frankly, I am very suspicious that he has a bankroll of 2.5 million dollars, I think he is rich, in private equity and has income that saved per year will allow him to spend the amount.
But on the other hand, it's good to get out of the book concepts a little bit, and pay to play all of us payments, unless we find some sponsorship.
More speculation. More proof showing you don't know what you're talking about.

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Need a wealthy person to sponsor me and I’ll be pro ha 50/50 split when I win the wsop

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It's simpler than anyone thinks and it's not a secret, you have to win more than you lose. Just so much and so much.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
if you have money to spend :)...you can try a few live poker games see how you do...then you can start from there to became professional

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we talk about Bankroll management
but to be Professional and play o high level what is the adviced balkroll to start with

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree regarding freerolls.
playing freerolls its like a practice.
in that kind of tournment "Freerolls" you learn how to respect your Range and also the vilain's Range and the most important thning its how to lear to be patient in poker.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
More speculation. More proof showing you don't know what you're talking about.
It’s amusing when someone speculatively has it all figured out

He who knows everything, learns nothing.

Noteworthy to me (and really glaring) is being unable to spell “The World’s Most Famous Pros” name correctly (oh so famous) and stating that we have to note “Professional Games Cost Between 11 and 110 Dollars”…

Well golly and gosh!

This has to be trolling, right?

I’m still undecided but factoring in a few different threads, it’s either someone with little to no idea what they’re talking about (but trying to earnestly sound like they are well versed) or major trollolololols…

If only I were a betting man, I might consider odds and have a little flutter…

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I agree that self belief and courage are crucial for professional poker success but i am not convinced that consistent deposits are necessary :ROFLMAO:however success in poker depends on skill , strategy and above all patience not just the amount of money you invest