Hold'em With Two Card Flops?

C

capnkev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How would the game change if the flop was only two cards, then two more on the turn and one on the river?

I think a lot of people overplay marginal cards pre-flop because they get 3 more cards. Might cut down on speculators if the flop was only two cards.

Alternatively, those who see the flop might be more likely to hang around for a 2-card turn.

Thoughts?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How would the game change if the flop was only two cards, then two more on the turn and one on the river?

I think a lot of people overplay marginal cards pre-flop because they get 3 more cards. Might cut down on speculators if the flop was only two cards.

Alternatively, those who see the flop might be more likely to hang around for a 2-card turn.

Thoughts?
Thats a nice idea. Tried reverse holdem couple times, but really its just 3 rounds of betting with your starting hand, and not much action.
But your idea is im the middle .. would like to try how it would feel

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Maybe, in private, with a few friends, it wouldn't be bad to try this style.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why would you want to cut down on speculators? Far too many amateurs play speculative hands they should have folded. This is where the money comes from - the weak players. Why would you want to get them folding more?

C

capnkev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you want to cut down on speculators? Far too many amateurs play speculative hands they should have folded. This is where the money comes from - the weak players. Why would you want to get them folding more?

Mostly because if you get multiple speculators (and possibly one other decent hand) all calling to see the flop, then your pocket kings can turn into a coin flip very quickly.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly because if you get multiple speculators (and possibly one other decent hand) all calling to see the flop, then your pocket kings can turn into a coin flip very quickly.
But on the other hand like in reverse Holdem if you get pocket kings its like 3 out of 4 rounds of betting just on your preflop hand and u aint getting no action, so i think 2 cards flop is somwhat in between and it might be interesting. Would like to investigate the maths behind those options

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its not about money its more about different game and different experience. Regular Holdem could be a bit too much action sometimes so tighten up the possibilities could be a cool option to make game more fun

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think its not about money its more about different game and different experience. Regular Holdem could be a bit too much action sometimes so tighten up the possibilities could be a cool option to make game more fun
OK - if a different experience is the reason for the change - give it a try. I am all about the money.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that little will change in this scenario. Players who are willing to take risks regardless of the hand-always have been and will be.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that it would change little, the player who likes to pay and see would continue doing it :D

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 cards

Dont think I would enjoy that format as much

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

In fact I think it would be the same, because if we talk about probabilities, I think there would be more to wait for 3 cards on the Turn and on the River.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not like such changes! It will be a completely different game! This will change the whole poker math!