Holdem NL or Pot Limit??

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which of the two you prefer, Nl or PL. Personally I prefer to play NL, I think it adds more excitement to the game when you have the possibility of doubling your chips and losing them all if you go there. However, I have played PL tournaments and those limits have saved my life when I try to go there and restrict myself. Galpes of luck. Then which one do you prefer?:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well on Holdem NL because the game is more fluid and it is especially faster.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Limit poker is a science, but no-limit is an art. In limit, you are shooting at a target. In No-Limit, the target comes alive and shoots back at you." - Crandell Addington

Of course, I prefer NL.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I only play NL Hold'em.
It is more risky, but also much more interesting.
Good luck.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer No Limit Holdem. I think the pot limit is more difficult, because you can not put pressure on your opponent because of the lack of all-in. They did not play too many, in smaller rooms you can not find a suitable table.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For newer players pot limit is a good place to start but eventually they'll have to come to the fun side of no limit. I don't even remember the last time I saw a hold'em pot limit MTT, usually its PLO.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No limit Holdem, Pot limit omaha will never have the same appeal

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, NL is more interesting and better to play. Maybe it's a little harder because there are no limits and you need to decide how much the raise will be, but it's certainly better for me. Greeting!

S

SlowRollAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing NL far more, faster game with more excitement for me.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think NLHE has different dynamics which are way harsher than PL! The option NL gives you to apply maximum pressure by going all in is incomparable!! I also like your initial statement that doubling up or lose it all is the thrill I like and seek at poker :)

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think whichever game you enjoy more/are more profitable in is better. I used to play PLHE years ago, but the player pool is much smaller, and it's a lot harder to find games. Dedicating time to anything besides NLHE and PLO is kind of risky because they aren't as popular and you might not be able to find good games when you want to play.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For newer players pot limit is a good place to start but eventually they'll have to come to the fun side of no limit. I don't even remember the last time I saw a hold'em pot limit MTT, usually its PLO.

Can't remember the last lime I saw PL HE torneys eather. It's all PLO and NLHE. I think it was meant to be and I don't care about FL HE games at all. I long more for 7-stud games, I think 7-stud didn't deserve this. This game looks interesting for me.

M

Martel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer NL Holdem, you can put pressure on your opponent and chase drawing hands out of the pot.:)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty old fashion, stay with NLHE. Just my preference, play a little No Limit now and then and hardly ever pot limit.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer NL myself, but don't like NL Omaha over PL(I know u didn't ask that though).

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if you want to win more you need to play NL holdem. FL is good also, because you can,t loose too much money, even if you had a bad session.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play Holdem NL and Pot Limit, but I prefer to play cash games in Pot Limit, and in tournaments I prefer to play Holdem only!

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I like the NL, there’s more adrenaline and more chances that the opponent will do something stupid and pay for it with a stack

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holdem obviously, when playing pot limit, it's more lucky to win, it's hard to bluff like you want to do sometimes

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem obviously, when playing pot limit, it's more lucky to win, it's hard to bluff like you want to do sometimes

Yep, and it's even harder to scare an opponent with a draw off by betting large in FL Holdem. That's why FL is more luck than skill. No one will fold if there's already lots of money in the pot and you can't, for example, make an overbet. I can't stand FL because of this.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy No limit, Pot Limit, and Fixed Limit games. Pot-Limit Omaha is usually the game I enjoy playing most.

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I like the NL, there’s more adrenaline and more chances that the opponent will do something stupid and pay for it with a stack

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules