Hindsight is 20/20... what would you do?

Dotde

Dotde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I took 16th in a $100 freeroll at Full Tilt, earning $2. Now, I'm a completely serious poker player, but I was excited to have finally gotten some real money online (I don't have a credit card and have played nothing but play money and freerolls). When I got my whopping $2, I decided to try my luck on some .05/.10 tables just for kicks and giggles. Actually didn't do too bad, got up to $3.40, back down to $1.85, then finished the day at $2.65. Almost a 33% profit (wow, a whole 65 cents, huh?)

Anyway, figuring it was only $2.65 that I had gotten for free, I decided to hit the small stakes table again. I get dealt K 8 suited, and limp. The flop comes up K K 9 rainbow. A big stack raised to put me all-in, and I called with my trip kings. He flips over A Q suited. He ended up hitting the back-door flush.

Now, I know I should never have been on the table with my full bankroll in the first place. That is where the hindsight part comes in. But I also got pretty unlucky on that hand. My question is, would you have done the same thing in my position? Or if not, for what reason would you fold trip kings post-flop? (Edit): Or would you have not played the hand in the first place?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL...shift+6

oh yea there it is

^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^
^^
^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like it look a red one

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

a big purple one

^^^^^^^^

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
STOP typing in capital, colored up arrows!!!!

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What the hell is a capital ^ ?

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whoooooosh!!!!! LMAO

and by the way 5/10 table..limping with K8 sooooooted is the norm..LOL

and he's supposed to fold the trips when pushed????

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whoooooosh!!!!! LMAO

and by the way 5/10 table..limping with K8 sooooooted is the norm..LOL

and he's supposed to fold the trips when pushed????

yes that is why low limits are so profitable :)

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont limp with K8...not my thread.....but once he got in for the trips...u gonna suck out that AQ right??

depends on lots of things including how much the bet was and how much money is in pot but yes if you bet .50 into a $2 pot I might call you with AQ high. I figure if you are bad enough to buy in short you might be bad enough to put it in with weak ace here.