Hey Guys I was hoping you could prove an idiot wrong real quick...

K

knowtheledge

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lmfao so im on a forum... completely outside of poker... talking to people who are uneducated... one being a highschool dropout... and the other being somebody who clearly has never played poker in his life.

They are repetitively claiming that I am lying about not paying taxes on my Poker winnings... I am a US pokerstars player... and they insist that i am full of shit and that i pay taxes.

Not only that, they are claiming that I am a liar about playing at all... because quote "online poker has been outlawed in the US" so they insist i am lying when i told them about last years 270k cash out.

Please clarify this, as well as 270k (big money for these dropouts), being a very feaseable profit margin for online poker over a years play time.

Thank You

- Ricky Chips

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`ll be happy to support you for a suitable fee.

10% of your earnings will cover it. :p

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ssssssh, you will be googled!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does this guy have 0 posts?

Oh and 270k is a lot for poker, either you're lying or you're extremely good. You do have to pay taxes on winnings and online poker is legal.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as I win $270,000 *insert laugh track here* I'll let you know how much I had to pay in taxes, as I sure as heck will pay them.

The legal question is a bit murky, depends on what state you are in. I think there are 15 states where it is technically illegal.

pokerchris

pokerchris

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as I win $270,000 *insert laugh track here* I'll let you know how much I had to pay in taxes, as I sure as heck will pay them.

The legal question is a bit murky, depends on what state you are in. I think there are 15 states where it is technically illegal.

Does anyone who lives in one of the 15 states cashed out last year?
If it's illegal in your state, how are going to pay tax on your winnings?