Hevad Kahn .01 .02 Omaha H/L

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean he does it everytime he wins a pot even if its just the BLINDS i mean cmon!!

it all adds to his appeal, he even does it when its just the blinds! I love the utter bewilderment* on his opponents faces. I watched him in some big tourney on stars today for a bit and he was a monster chip leader when I stopped watching - anyone know how he did.

* is that even a word?

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i find him incredibly annoying. but he certainly has made his mark on the poker world.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont care for him but it is pretty cool that he'd play with the low rollers

I agree. How many other big name poker players are you going to see coming down to the micro levels to play with us common folk?

K

Kennyseven

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me ask you all....if you played in the main event and made it deep into the tourny and knowing you will be on tv, would you not want to do something different and crazy. It could make you alot of money.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me ask you all....if you played in the main event and made it deep into the tourny and knowing you will be on tv, would you not want to do something different and crazy. It could make you alot of money.

the voice of reason!!! lol

so hes overly animated...big deal...they aint playin for monopoly money!!! If i come up with some niche for my wins...im sure gonna do it..specially for some TV time and lucrative endorsements..jesus yall id watch him all day vs Hellmuth blasting someone for callin his preflop raise with AA!!!!

have a nice day!!!! OOOH OOOH AHHH OOOH AHHH AHH H:cool:

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hes a funny guy, lol to watch to tv.... and a decent player tbh.

so what if he acts crazy thats just a build up of like 50 red bulls stuck in his system.

If I was nearing the final table for millions id be so pumped too, its like a once in a lifetime shot, usually, to get near the end of the wsop main event.

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Khan had to provide the 46 SnG video footage to the on-line poker site he was using at the time as they thought he was a bot. They had suspended his account but re-instated on viewing the evidence.

The guy is good for poker. I am currently watching the WSOP here in the UK and think his brand of entertainment is good for the game.

The guy is also a good player.

Was waiting to see Humberto and him play a massive pot, the fireworks would have excellent.

In one corner Humberto with his little sharks, and in the other Khan doing his version of the King Kong dance.

Kong every time for me

:)

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you didn't see that hand when khan had AA and Humberto had AK then.

I think its just the UK loves him then!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you didn't see that hand when khan had AA and Humberto had AK then.

I think its just the UK loves him then!

Maybe it hasn't got to that episode yet ;)

larkem

larkem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya...that video that he sent to poker stars of him playing all those tournies is pretty sick! He empties his bank roll to show them how many tournies he can play. I am amazed how he can come out of that profitable he has such little time to make a decision each time. I mean I can barely survie 6 tables lol 46 is amaizng. Hes obvisouly had lots of success online before he made the ME final table. Kinda off topic but I love how poker stars makes any doofus a ps player. I mean all u have to do is make the money in the main event and they put you on their "team" lol

Larkem

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He finished 13th yesterday in the Sunday million.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kinda off topic but I love how poker stars makes any doofus a ps player. I mean all u have to do is make the money in the main event and they put you on their "team" lol

What you've gotta remember is that's a marketing decision as much as anything else, and it's intended to attract brand new amateur players to the site. A lot of the endorsed players may as well just be walking billboards.

Seasoned players (hell, any player who can tell the difference between a doofus and a good player) aren't going to be making a selection based solely on the site's list of endorsed 'pros' anyway.

The think about Hevad Kahn is that at least he was famous for playing on Stars before he got on TV.

What makes me LOL most though is that despite all this, there still isn't a site that wants to sponsor Jamie Gold :D

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to think gold was a clown, but seeing him on HSP i have a bit more respect for him now, He acts pretty classy on there.

Z

zippyflounder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its packaging, now that poker is big tv you segment your style to appeal to the target segment of the viewing pubic. In this case its the 20-25 male age group who will cast their money away with abandon.

larkem

larkem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What makes me LOL most though is that despite all this, there still isn't a site that wants to sponsor Jamie Gold :D

Ha ha ha no kidding! Im suprised stars hasnt gotten him yet...I mean they have every other ME winner in the last couple years. I agree though on High Stakes poker he has really improved his play...yesterday he laid down that AK agaisnt phil's AK spades that was a good play at least for Jamie! I guess playing with those guys on HSP improves the game. The thing I shake my head about with jamie is how he always changes what he was initially saying. Hes like "I put phil on AA or KK pre so I have to stick with my decision." Then when he prettty much tells jamie he had AK spades, Jamie changes his tune...."Yea, it was either AA KK OR........AK Spades":rolleyes: lol yea w.e jamie easy for you to say when he tells you his hand!! lol

Larkem

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
isnt JG with team bodog??? or is that team BODOGFORLIFE?? or team BODOGWWE? or whatever the hell now??:cool:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't believe so - he was wearing his own company's stuff at the Main Event this year. If any site's sponsoring him, they're sure not making any noise about it :p

Dotde

Dotde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand how anybody can like Hevad Khan. He's immature and annoying. The fact that Poker Stars sponsers him gives me ample reason to continue not playing there.

larkem

larkem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand how anybody can like Hevad Khan. He's immature and annoying. The fact that Poker Stars sponsers him gives me ample reason to continue not playing there.

Well he was already a good player on ps before his run at the ME.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Hevad Khan.

He was entertaining, he got under players skin, and he post/used to post on SRK.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A possibly unrelated question - anyone know if Kahn played any other events at the WSOP this year?