Hendon Mob

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish there was a legit way too see if players are winning or not. Hendon Mob only shows cashes that are from reported tournaments, and sharkscope is only online tournaments. Hendon Mob doesn't include how many times the player has bought in, or if they were staked. Even though this is skewed, for me anyways I make the majority of my money in cash games. There is no tracking that, there is no telling how much some of these top, "WINNING" players are actually up or down. One of Antonio Esfandiari's "cashes" the buy in was more than his cash but results wise it is another multi thousand cash added to his resume. I know there isn't a logical way too include all of this because a lot of players want to keep this stuff secret but it would be cool to see who's ACTUALLY a winning player.

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can only expect so much. The level of detail you wish you had is unrealistic and not respectful of other's privacy.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can only expect so much. The level of detail you wish you had is unrealistic and not respectful of other's privacy.

I understand that it is unrealistic as I posted in the details, because people don't want the information main stream. I'm not suggesting this as a change. Just making conversation on a subject that has a lot of hidden information.

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that it is unrealistic as I posted in the details, because people don't want the information main stream. I'm not suggesting this as a change. Just making conversation on a subject that has a lot of hidden information.

Fair enough. Also Esfandiari's biggest win (the one-drop) was partially, if not largely, staked so it's hard to tell how much he really made there ^_^

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fair enough. Also Esfandiari's biggest win (the one-drop) was partially, if not largely, staked so it's hard to tell how much he really made there ^_^

Yea I know, He's talked a lot about that, a little bit while he was in the booth during the main event. Antonio had 10% of himself in his biggest cash. That is kinda my point... MOST tournaments the pro's play in are staked. The point of the thread is to start a conversation centered around that information..

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bumping this to see if it will gain any traction lol Can't believe people don't want to discuss the "hidden" side of poker. It's not all glitz and glam.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I know some of these players brazenly brag about revenue.....*roll eyes*.

I just play poker to take shots....I know how intricate and difficult the game gets.

Poker is a really dark,predatory,difficult, competitive,lucrative and yes degenerate game. I never understood why MTT players are glorified its just skillED gambling. Cash game players are the real pros. Phil Ivey is a predatory genius he is truly I believe the best.

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/07/02/poker-pros-not-alone-in-big-drop-tourney-stake.html

Last edited:
N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed, joe wins 1k from bill who losses it to steve who in turn loses it back to joe but they all won 1k.

Stock traders, gamblers only talk about wins.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hendon Mob is really just a record of live gross winnings - at least we know that and can interpret the numbers accordingly (i.e. expect net to be about zero unless winnings are huge). Services like Sharkscope should be more telling, but how the Hell do they crunch their numbers? I can't understand my numbers on Sharkscope let alone anyone else's. :marchmell

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People don't tell you how much they earn in their job, why should poker be different.

And can you imagine how frustrating it would be if you got successful at the game, but every time you sat at a cash table 6 people stood up and left you to it?