Heads up poker

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch wsop main event final table a few times & learned. from an Middle eastern champion how he would inevitably extend his range. He would play almost every hand, even if opponent raised/ doubled the big blind. This is one time you can play “stupid cards” Not a 2-3 or 2-5 but hands within reason. He would win his fair share of hands playing lousy starting hands. And when he got a good hand he played tough. So another nuance.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads-up NLH is its very own game, unique to any other type of cards in interesting ways.

It's always been quite fun to watch for me. The variance is so absurdly high that I have infinite respect for those who master the game of heads-up.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with what the friend said above. Dominating heads-up is a task that only good players can do.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are different strategies, but in such situations, in addition to the player's skills, his luck plays a very important role.

S

Saloum90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up is fun!

I have a theory of heads up and it goes like this.. don’t call all in, be the one that calls all in! I’d rather my opponent to make a decision rather than me. Also the thing about heads up is doesn’t really matter what you have 2-3 and 2-5 are more than good enough if you know how your opponent works! ;)

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up

I personally prefer playing heads up and satellites and spin & go, those are the most common games i win on, i almost win every satellite to join any tournament, i guess I'm really good at small tables while i suck at tables with 9 players, i don't know why...

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

In heads-up, the movements change radically, you have many more decision options to make, you can play mediocre or intermediate hands and always confuse your opponent with confidence and security without hesitation ...

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
You are right.

In cases like this, almost all the cards they touch are played, as I said before, call up to 3 big blinds, until the first 3 cards are seen.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Heads up poker is a very different game than normally played poker. While 72 off is a horrible hand to play anytime, heads up can be a very playable hand depending of the person your playing.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
heads up is a nice and difficult game you always have to consider how big the stack you have compared to your opponent and how he plays sometimes hands like 27 can also be profitable. But it depends on what your opponent is and you shouldn't play every hand recklessly. In my opinion, you have to pay attention to everything you have to pay attention to in a normal game, even in heads up. if you play against a strong player or someone who calls everything, it makes little sense for me to play hands like 27. But even though it was a long time ago that I was in heads up, I remember that I loved that. It's a completely different kind of game and you can often surprise your opponent because you have completely changed the way you play. Of course, only if everything fits

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In that game the most winning hands are the middle ones, that's what I noticed in my game

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch WSOP main event final table a few times & learned. from an Middle eastern champion how he would inevitably extend his range. He would play almost every hand, even if opponent raised/ doubled the big blind. This is one time you can play “stupid cards” Not a 2-3 or 2-5 but hands within reason. He would win his fair share of hands playing lousy starting hands. And when he got a good hand he played tough. So another nuance.

Its because of pot odds
At headsup the villain can raise any single hand.Lets say that he raises 2x every JTo+
So, lets say thay re raises with JTo and you have 25s. Against JTo you have 36% equity
The pot after he raises is: (0.15 ante) x 2 + 1bb from your big + 2bb from the raie =3.3bb
1bb (the amount that you have you have to call) is 30% of the pot, so you have the odds to call
Even if he has AK you have more then 30% odds to win the hand
Except if he had pocket pairs, but its hard to happen