Not open for further replies.
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
diabloblanco said:
Dude, be realistic. If you had those kinds of skills you wouldn't be here arguing with me that you have a chance vs. those pros, you would be beating them. Cmon guy. I too think I'm a great player, probably one of the best on this forum, but I have no dillusional thoughts about my game.

I do have a chance, just need to keep my descipline up. Play the game that I know I can without straying from the game plan, strategy of my game. Stick with the 3 P's of Position, Power and Patience. Then again I am one of those players who do better playing the "Full" game, not head to head. Then again getting 1st in a few tourney's does have me believing that I know I could. You may have dillusions about your game, Yet I have faith and belief about mine. I also have faith and belief about others as well.

On any one day, can you win vs. A pro? Maybe. Over the course of 100 games will you win more than half? Not even close.
Dunno and neither do you. Hard telling not knowing.. That is your problem, belief in yourself. I believe I could and know I could cause If I don't believe in myself cause nobody else is going to. Just like I know you didn't believe Phil Helmuth was going to win that tournament in the very beginning before it started. Yes you knew he had a chance just like anybody else has that same chance. Like previously stated that there is less skill involved in heads up (period). You don't need to know position and your starting hands have now increased dramatically to where you can play more hands unlike a "full" tourney.

Twizzy - I see you read ALL IN magazine! LOL -- almost word for word.
Not really, just books here and there with a few online articles. Be surprised on what knowledge one can gain from reading alone.

Maybe Twizzy and Diablo should have a heads up after Four Dogs! HAAAAAAAA Maybe to PROVE someones point. Or maybe that's Twizzy M.O. :)
Not really interested because it doesn't show most of ones skills as a player.

Twizzy - you are sounding a bit like our very own Tom Cruise .... Twizzy knows everything about heads up ... Diablo you just don't know, Diablo, Diablo. .... LOL :D
It isn't rocket science to figure out considering that I play basketball. So when you take alot of a game away to leave it to 1 aspect of it. You only need then to concentrate on that certain part of the game. Take away some of the skills needed to play the full game which now makes the game easier to play.

Last edited:
MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoa Twizz - back off ... I was only joking - comedy - funny. Guess I need to make my smilies BIGGER! :D:D:D

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twizzy, you're getting this thread way off topic. If you want to start a "Heads-up poker requires less skill than full table play" thread, be my guest. But leave it out of here. People here are posting and reading to be updated on the match and to read the trash talk between four dogs and myself. You have successfully hi-jacked both the threads on this subject. Give it a rest man. Also, Michele was only joking bro. And I think she was 100% correct about All In magazine, I have that issue too.

Oh yea, go devil!

Also Twizzy, if you haven't noticed, I have no shortage of belief in myself.

Last edited:
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
diabloblanco said:
Twizzy, you're getting this thread way off topic. If you want to start a "Heads-up poker requires less skill than full table play" thread, be my guest. But leave it out of here. People here are posting and reading to be updated on the match and to read the trash talk between four dogs and myself. You have successfully hi-jacked both the threads on this subject. Give it a rest man. Also, Michele was only joking bro. And I think she was 100% correct about All In magazine, I have that issue too.

Oh yea, go devil!

Also Twizzy, if you haven't noticed, I have no shortage of belief in myself.
Yeah sorry for this is a PUBLIC forum and also sorry for you bringing into the conversation about the heads up tourney. Sorry that it is ok for you to bring it up but when someone else does, then contributes to the same subject you brought up the thread goes off topic. You want to be the kettle or the pot cause they are both black? This isn't YOUR thread to control. Sorry that your ego can't handle sharing a public forum and that you need to dictate and have control of it all. Yes I notice you have a complete shortage of belief in yourself. Your chest thumping allready has proven that. <sarcasm>. I will tell the camera man to move the spotlight completly on you cause apparently you are heartbroken and lost when you aren't in it.

As for Michele, yes she was joking along with some SARCASM instituted into her post. Next time I will ignore the sarcasm and completly read it as a joke.

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you thick? You posted in a thread about a heads up match comparing it to a one on one basketball tournament, and implying that it isn't a good judge of someones game. If that isn't off topic, I don't know what is. The title of the thread isn't "is a heads up match a good indicator of overall talent?" If that was the title, you were right on topic. However, it wasn't, and I don't remember anyone asking you for your opinion on the subject or the match between four dogs and I.

I brought up the heads up tournament to discredit your argument that this type of match wasn't a judge of talent. Then I further disproved your argument that the pros enjoyed it because they got to play it against celebrities of a lower skill level. You were wrong on all accounts, and I pointed it out. So yes, you are the reason this thread is off topic.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
diabloblanco said:
Are you thick? You posted in a thread about a heads up match comparing it to a one on one basketball tournament, and implying that it isn't a good judge of someones game. If that isn't off topic, I don't know what is. The title of the thread isn't "is a heads up match a good indicator of overall talent?" If that was the title, you were right on topic. However, it wasn't, and I don't remember anyone asking you for your opinion on the subject or the match between four dogs and I.

I brought up the heads up tournament to discredit your argument that this type of match wasn't a judge of talent. Then I further disproved your argument that the pros enjoyed it because they got to play it against celebrities of a lower skill level. You were wrong on all accounts, and I pointed it out. So yes, you are the reason this thread is off topic.
LOL I am thick?? At least I can read. I never implied anything, apparently you missed the part where I said "OPINION". So sorry for giving my OPINION in a PUBLIC FORUM about a subject of HEADS UP POKER.
Notice in the title "HEADS UP MATCH?" or you that completly insecure that you must have the spotlight complety about YOU?

So what is the subject about again??? Lets definatly keep the pot and kettle around.

Last edited:
diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How old are you?

What are you proving by taking this thread completely off track?

Last edited:
X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmmm Fuel or water? Moderator or poker player? Decisions decisions! :toilet: Well Twizz I do agree on one thing as long as the posts in this thread stay void of vulgarity and stay respectful, not much moderating needs done. I just ask ya'll keep it respectful on my watch :top: ... Now twizz I do understand your position cause I too once thought that way but that was when I played nothing but freerolls and coincidentaly I sucked! Not saying you suck just saying I was a bad player when I thought that way. Trust me heads up is not "easier" than a full table but it is different. I don't buy into the whole "it is all luck thing". If you want one word to describe heads-up it isn't luck it is JUDGEMENT. I LOVE A GOOD heads up match... I put way more thought into each move in a good heads up match than I ever do at a full table.... You play enough heads up against the same player the better player WILL win more often.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What am I proving? Why? You can't stand the idea of not being in the spotlight?

Hope you are now done throwing your tantrum because the spotlight wasn't completly on you 100% of the time.

So do you still wish to be the pot or the kettle?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fair enough, thanks XD for popping in here. Anyone that's says heads up is any easier than multi-player games should be widely discredited for not having a clue as to what they speak of.

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
I've locked this thread as it has gone offtopic. If you want to continue this subject start a new thread, "Head Up Match, the deliv vs the dogs part 2". I'd like to point out one thing.... we're all a community here, in order to function we all need to get along and stay "relaxed", no tension, no bad feelings. Please, do not get into wars of words!

Status
Not open for further replies.