Status
Not open for further replies.
diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that I've got your attention, here it is. As some of you know, four dogs and myself have kicked around the idea of a heads-up challenge match between us. We relayed a couple messages via PM and have agreed to some simple terms that we both find acceptable. The match will take place on FullTilt's network on a date yet to be determined. As some of you know I quit playing online poker about 2.5 years ago and haven't touched it since, so four dogs has graciously agreed to give me time to join fulltilt, get some money deposited there and play for a week or so (probably less) in order to get used to the interface and polish my online skills as I haven't played on the net for quite some time.

The terms of the wager are being kept between four dogs and myself until after the match (or matches?) is over. I can say that the amount isn't as much as the maximum amount of 500.00 that I posted in the thread where this idea originated. We will be playing No Limit heads-up freezeout. I will post in this thread as soon as I have found a deal on fulltilt and deposited cash to play with. After that, four dogs and I will decide on a date and time, then post it.

We hope to see some railbirds there for this epic battle.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All right everyone. I got served and now IT IS ON! Diablo and I are meeting on the playground after school. Unfortunately Diablo has talked me into betting a little more than I'm comfortable with, but I am confident that in the end the forces of good will prevail over the foces of evil. The table has been set but we haven't decided when to eat. Truth be told, I think Diablo's a little scared of me. You see, he's a live guy, and I'm a virtual guy, so now, all of a sudden, he needs some time to hone his on-line skills. Guess he should have played a few freerolls, Allright bro, take all the time you need. And bring some friends, your gonna need all the help you can get.:secruity:

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That didn't take long. I figured it would only be a minute before I got called out about wanting a minute to get on the network and game-up for the match. Assuming that four dogs and I are evenly matched skill wise, he is going to hold a slight statistical advantage strictly based on his online experience. However, so noone thinks I am afraid to gamble and that I am afraid of being beaten, I will also entertain any prop bet up to 500.00 that I will be the winner of this match. I will take multiple bettors for small stakes up to 500 or one large 500.00 bet. The odds will be even money and my money is abviously on myself.

So that there is no confusion or doubt of payment, when the deal or deals is made I will deposit the money in any online escrow service or a trusted mod or admin could hold the funds and distribute them upon the completion on the match.

That's all I have for now, if anyone is interested, PM me or post here and I will reply. We can then work out the details.

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this going to be a one off winner takes all or a series of best of 7 or something?

Can't wait good luck to the both of you, just don't both go all in on the first hand ;]

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has got to be a best of 3,5 or 7. We do want to determine skill, not luck. Am I right Diablo? I don't know if it is possible to set something up on full tilt to keep some interloper from hijacking the game. I've never heard of private heads up tournaments. Any thoughts?

MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see the trash talk has already started. Move like a butterfly, sting like a bee.... LOL And no ear biting ... back in your corners. j/k

Good luck you guys. Full Tilt is not my favorite venue mainly because I hate those little desks you sit at like a game show. LOL But I do belong to Full Tilt and will download it again to watch the match.

Gosh, don't know who to root for - I like ya both! So I am neutral.

Keep us posted.

C

Cole_Donovan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool

Very Interesting....what are the credentials of these two players? What is the interest for me?.....Also, I would be up for a headup challenge.....maybe a forum headup tourney? Something like that.....:rock:

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My credentials?

Four Dogs: Carriculum Vitae
1) Well, I've been playing poker for about 10 minutes. That makes me Chief Know-it-All and I'm now ready for final table at Binions.
2) I have recorded every episode of "Celebrity Poker Showdown", replayed it, and studied every hand. Dennis Rodman is a genious.
3) The title under my name reads "Poker Crew Chief". What do you say about that? Huh "beginner"?
4) Sombody here once said I was right about something or another, and er ... well.. let me see if I can find that post, Nick! A little help here!
5) I once finished dead last in 2 Absolute freerolls in a row and I'm talkin' thousands of players. If that's not talent, I don't know what is.
6) I won $1.88 at CardsChat's 1st Nobel Freeroll. Bet you can't say that.
7) I worked for 8 years at Friendly Ice Cream in High School. (Just thought I'd throw that in to give me dimension)
8) My opponent is an evil, Dolphin's lovin, J,10 foldin', freeroll hatin' Devil Worshiper. And he steals candy from babies. (A little mudslinging never hurts)

Now are you interested?

P.S.- Join me Michele! @!@
-

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My credentials:

I don't have any. I just thought it would be easy to beat four dogs. LOL.
And I don't fold J-10 blindly. I give advice here to questions as if I were doing it for a friend that had no experience. I assume everone knows little until I see posts by them proving otherwise. Not that I think people are dumb, I just don't want to confuse people with advice for advanced play when they may be at a lower level of knowledge. Also, when asked questions on strategy its almost impossible to give every possible scenario for playing hands. The post would be a mile long. J-10 is a hand that I've won a lot of money playing, but I've won a lot playing 2-2, 5-6, 8-9, etc. And to confuse someone who's level of play I don't know with some 3 page post on different strategies would be tiresome for me and possibly worse for them.

Back on topic, Michele, root for whomever you want, but before its over you'll be on my team or ill steal your candy. Haha. I would also like to point out that I stopped worshipping the devil years ago, its just so 1996.

As far as the game specifics, three, five, or seven games is okay with me, that way we eliminate luck from the equation. You're the net guy so you know way more about this topic than I do. I'm not sure the best way to structure the game as far as the table etc. Maybe an email to fulltilt when I get signed up will help. If you have any ideas in the meantime post them up and we can get it hammered out.

Last edited:
Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Four Dogs sees Diabloblanco hiding by his locker. He approaches unphased by Diablo's 6'3" 265lb frame and knocks the books out of his hands. Dogs isn't too bright. "Don't think I've forgotten about our little get-together in the playground. Be there or be square loser!."

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, the devil hides from no man. I say we set it for....hell, lets make it one week from tomorrow or is that too far away for you? I have yet to open a FullTilt account. I had a couple of actual days to work yesterday and today. Ill get on there and open one tomorrow. And it has been broughten.

MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this match will be tons of fun. I can't wait to watch. It may have the most "observers" at Full Tilt.

You both sound pretty good to me. I don't think size matters in this match up so you are pretty even. LOL

I know Diablo is blond, big and tall -- how about you Four Dogs - describe yourself so we can get a picture in our head. :D

I wish you both luck and think 5 games would be really fair. No beginners luck.

How would you do it, one each day? or 5 in a row?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill play them straight through, 3 one day and 2 the next, one a day for 5 days, whatever 4dogs wants. I want him to pick all the specifics, because he is giving me the time to get the account set up and all that. I also decided that I'm only going to play a couple sit and go's before we kick the match off. No practice, just enough play to get used to the interface...that's it. I'm stoked, I think its gonna be fun. Extra spending money is always nice. ;)

MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm over confident ... better watch that, unless you are kidding. :)

you were... I just noticed the winky smiley

Last edited:
Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, Michele if size doesn't matter then there goes my one advantage. I'm Italian. Describe myself? I'm somewhere between Charlton Heston and Tattoo from Fantasy Island.
Diablo, been thinkin' alot about this lately and ......... I'm sorry, I lost my train of thought. The sheep are in here. Anyway, where was I? Ah yes, heads-up. Cheapest match at full tilt is $5.00+.50. If we go best of 7 then one of us will really have to dominate in order for the winner to walk away with more than 5 bucks. So here's what I have in mind. Play all 7 regardless. Winner gets max $35, min $5, in addition of course to the more substantial sum agreed apon in our private coorespondence. As agreed apon, I have transferred the requisite amount of money from my swiss account into the escrow account specified in your PM. I trust you have done the same. A week from Friday is acceptable.

Last edited:
Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any way we can get a poll to see who everyone believes will win?

Bill

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get out there a nail em diablo, do it for all the devils out there. The dark side of the force is strong! Im rooting for ya! Let us know the time and place in advance. No offence FourDogs I have nothing against the both of ya but as a Devil myself im compelled to support diablo.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your excused.

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to you both

Nick - is it possible to organise a heads up tourney? I am sure most would be open to a $5 heads up tourney

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i wish the two of good luck> keep us updated>. buckster436

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
I think that's possible, I can arrange for you two if you like, I think I may even be able to throw in a lil bonus to the prizemoney.

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds brilliant Nick

I suppose it would show who is the "daddy" of the Cardschat forum!

MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like diablo and dogs are pretty well matched. Gosh, if all the devils are rooting for diablo - dogs needs some support! :) Good must reign over evil.

Let us know the exact time and date so we can all watch.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is one great thread just love all the bashing and trashing LOL I look forward to seeing this epic showdown, I see alot of confidence on both sides and just luv the trash and bash hope you both do well keep us posted

May ur cards be SUPA

and ur pot be STONEY.....................:canabis: :canabis: :canabis:

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MicheleW said:
Seems like diablo and dogs are pretty well matched. Gosh, if all the devils are rooting for diablo - dogs needs some support! :) Good must reign over evil.

Let us know the exact time and date so we can all watch.
Thank you Michele! There's one in the kennel, anyone else? Buckster? You live right down the street from me. You can't wish us both good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.