Having Trouble Beating the Micro Stakes Games? (Read This)

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play poker at the micros you should be prepared to take a ridiculous, and frankly incomprehensible, amount of bad beats.

And please don't get it twisted. This is precisely why these games are so insanely profitable!

But many people simply don't want to accept this simple truth. They want the high winrate WITHOUT all the bad beats.

The want to deny all the fish their equity and simple take their money over and over again.

I am sorry to break it to you. But the game of poker simply doesn't work this way.

If you want the high winrate, then it will always be made on the backs of some really, really bad players.

And they will always have their equity in the pot, no matter how small (5% chance to win, 10% chance to win, 20% chance to win etc).

And they will always call you down with their bottom pair and chase every ridiculous draw and so on.

And this absolutely, undeniably will lead them to get "lucky" sometimes and give you a bad beat.

Please, please take a second and just make peace with this simple truth right now.

If you play at the micro stakes, then you WILL receive an absurd amount of bad beats.

Period, end of story. Mark these words in stone.

Please just focus on the ONE THING that you absolutely do control in this game, which is playing every single hand to the best of your ability.

And let the math take care of the rest.

Because this my friends, is how winning is done.

Do you play small stakes poker? How do you handle adversity at the poker tables?

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play poker at the micros you should be prepared to take a ridiculous, and frankly incomprehensible, amount of bad beats.

And please don't get it twisted. This is precisely why these games are so insanely profitable!

But many people simply don't want to accept this simple truth. They want the high winrate WITHOUT all the bad beats.

The want to deny all the fish their equity and simple take their money over and over again.

I am sorry to break it to you. But the game of poker simply doesn't work this way.

If you want the high winrate, then it will always be made on the backs of some really, really bad players.

And they will always have their equity in the pot, no matter how small (5% chance to win, 10% chance to win, 20% chance to win etc).

And they will always call you down with their bottom pair and chase every ridiculous draw and so on.

And this absolutely, undeniably will lead them to get "lucky" sometimes and give you a bad beat.

Please, please take a second and just make peace with this simple truth right now.

If you play at the micro stakes, then you WILL receive an absurd amount of bad beats.

Please just focus on the ONE THING that you absolutely do control in this game, which is playing every single hand to the best of your ability.

Do you play small stakes poker? How do you handle adversity at the poker tables?

Hi Nathan, I agree with you 100%!

Some badbeats are inevitable in micros, whenever it happens to me I try to review the play and see if I played right and lost to the "deck", if yes, life goes on, I know that in the long run my actions will be profitable!

In general I will adjust the game according to the competitors to have some advantage, most of the time it will work!
GL

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello! I completely agree with you, microlimites are a very difficult game, but nevertheless you can play them! It seems to me that every poker player should go this distance on microlimits, only after that you need to go further along the limits, because if you have not beaten the small limits then you will definitely not beat the big ones! I myself am a newcomer to poker, but I have already realized that it is difficult to play on microlimits! You just need to work more on the game, and at a distance everything will return to you if you make the right decisions! Thank you very much for your advice, they are really useful and can help beginners! Good luck at the tables and in life!

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

you are absolutely right it is very difficult to get out of micro tournaments !!! I consider myself a regular player with a lot to learn !! Lately I have received many bad bits and it is as you say .. you have to breathe be patient and let things flow in the long run it will be profitable by playing the tournaments well !! ... because to be honest in the sit and go it is full of fish players and it is very difficult to treat them and most of the time the soft throws the winner at them ... I hope that in a not so distant time I can get out of this mud ... best regards and blessings !!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the fish never gets luck there will simply be no fish so i agree that this is something that every micro levels player should accept. When you go up it is more skill than luck but also the level of skill of other players increases.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice write up, and I agree, we should all love the fish who chase long shots, sure they get lucky but like you said, let the math take care of it��

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thx 4 saying what needs to said Nathan!! $$$ it won't stop the crybabies tho,,, :motz:lol,,,,still ty ;)

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips

Thank you very much for this very helpful advice Nathan and I for one will definitely take it and use it wisely:D

See you at the tables bro:cool:

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amen brother. Micros are ridiculous for sure. But alot of fun.

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% true! And knowing that is helping me improve as well! Do not let these get in the way of your studies/game. Keep learning and apply strategies that make sense!

Top 10 Games