Have you thought about giving up poker?

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Have you thought about stopping playing poker due to the frustration of poor results?

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only when I have a losing streak, rarely do I win. and it is at that moment that it makes me want to retire from the world of poker.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think there are time many of have and for many reasons. I did once and actually quit the game for about a month before i came back. Im just loved this game to much to just give up on the game.

Now why did I leave, BLACK FRIDAY. My options were so limited and I did not trust any sites to play at at the time. Once I was back I never left again and never though of leaving again. My name says it all. I LuvePoker.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes this thought arises in the players who have lost a lot of money. But I try not to gamble for my own money and therefore I do not need such a thought yet.

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've considered quitting before, but I think, like most poker players, it becomes an addiction. Instead of quitting you convince yourself you were only trying to take a break from the game and you'll return to it once you've recovered from whatever you originally wanted to quit from.

One day, maybe I'll have the guts to quit, but until then you can find me on the tables losing money that I never had to begin with.

K

ketrabinskje

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think of that when i was loss the 600$ bankroll on pokerstars. I made it for 2months and lose in 1 day on cash game...

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most of us fall out of love with the game from time to time. If you having a bad run taking a break for a while or doing a little more studying can help get you back on track and re-energise your game.

cathi1962

cathi1962

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you thought about giving up poker? No I haven't thought about giving up, because I enjoy playing, and I play within my budget.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never thought of never playing poker again, but for sure, sometimes I stop playing and only start playing again after a few months. Not necessarily because of the negative results, because I'm an amateur and basically play freerolls, it happens when I play for many hours for many consecutive days.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Starting a career is difficult

Good morning everyone, I have been playing poker since the end of 2018 and yes I already thought about giving up playing poker, since when I started playing poker I have always been profitable, but the profits are small and often being eliminated in the final straight of Mtts, which made me very frustrated, I learned more about the variance of the game and discovered the cash game, which is a modality that is easier to make profits with less variance.
When I started playing, I looked for videos on youtube to learn and I always heard that studying poker is very important, I thought how to study? There are two cards, when I bet and when I miss I fold, I didn't know about the open ranges of each position, I didn't know which hands to play from 3bet, which hands to call in 3bet, how big the stack I have to go All in straight, about ICM, nash table, which hands I have to call All in, and now that I’ve learned a little, I don’t think to stop playing, because the results are showing.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
no never despite some bad spells I have always wanted to continue clear always being respectful with my bench which is the most important thing to continue playing and having fun

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think about it almost every day. I mean real money poker. It's not about the results, it's just that poker is very difficult for a steady income. If there was an opportunity to earn the same money in another way, I would easily give up poker. And I would play for fun.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, just cut back when you feel that way.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Fortunately,those thoughts has never crossed my mind.I play mostly freerolls and sometimes cash games and Spin&Goes with bankroll management,so never put in risk my bankroll,

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stoped playing from 2011 til this early 2020 when the quarantine kicked in... I just wasn't any good. But I'm giving myself another try and learning to play a bit better - not to win big, which is not my abjective, but to have fun without tilting (too much)

F

FishtoFinalTable

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great thread! I started playing in March last year and studied hard was improving significantly at micro stakes. Then the plateau hit and I found myself not enjoying the games as much and getting really frustrated at the results. Will take a break a come back soon refreshed. Also, perhaps still looking for the type of game and level that I really enjoy and get the most out of.

4MileKing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do during the summer. I only a few months out of the yr

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's such an engaging game that all players keep trying despite the poor results

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I don't have to quit poker if you mean quiting the game for good. I very rarely play for my own money, and usually do it for money from freebies. It prevents me from losing anything and I can play for fun. Sometimes I take a break from the game, maybe even for several months, but I really love poker so it's unlikely to happen that I will ever stop playing by bell, book and candle.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you thought about stopping playing poker due to the frustration of poor results?

I have never been disappointed in poker. The game always gives me pleasure. Sometimes I can be disappointed in myself, but not in poker. Lack of patience and discipline are the main causes of frustration.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I regularly have a desire to give up poker, but not because of the result, but because of the unreality of what is happening. Due to certain circumstances, I have to play freerolls or in tournaments with a low buy-in, where often already preflop you with a pair of KK or AA are raised all-in and knocked out of the tournament with a garbage hand by coincidence, or four suited cards to a weak kicker. There are many options and I admit that they should happen, but not so often. Players are risk-free and reckless. Yes, they do not last long, but it all comes down to the effect of luck, and it should come before the moment when the blinds eat your stack in turbo conditions.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only quit poker when I have no money to play:)I never thought about it, even when I was very unlucky. Poker is contagious and interesting thing.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

If I've already quit for 9 years, maybe I'll quit again.
What I want to leave is CC, there is no way to delete my profile, the authorities don't tell me how to delete it.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't want to quit poker!

If I have noticed one or more signs in my life, but do not want to part with poker, I will start working on the problems. In terms of win rates, ROI, total income and repetitive mistakes, I will be discussing my issues in a poker forum with like-minded people or find a coach who will give me a fresh professional perspective on my situation. To get rid of the rest of the "symptoms", it makes sense to consult with a psychologist and try to change the approach to the game, perhaps mixing poker activity with some other activity.

G

gwooof

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never love poker too much it's such a great I have met so many friends threw poker it is such a great game made lots of money too real miss playing the wsop in Vegas so many good times