Have you ever had suicidal thoughts because of your poker losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Your thoughts are strange! Thinking about suicide is a weak will .. you can go to a good psychotherapist!

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had some pretty bad runs with some pretty bad losses, but I have never thought of suicide due to that. I can see how it could get to that point though. If I allowed myself to play money that I could not afford anymore like I did when I was younger it could happen. When you start spending family money, mortgage, car payment, kids tuition, it can get very rough. So it is understandable when people quit OR budget their game.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No a couple more years on Earth see the children grow up and hopefully survive health permitting long enough to see a few grandchildren born in the future is preferred.
Not suicide to be honest regardless how the cards fall no I never thought of that.:)

Last edited:
Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
No I haven't, and if anybody does seeking help is nothing to feel ashamed of or think its useless.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't have such thoughts at all. Probably because I don't play big and don't have high hopes for the obligatory winning of large sums. Although I really want to)). I only play with money that I win in poker freerolls. And I also think that a person should have many interests and not get hung up on one thing, life is multifaceted and so many have not been tried yet.

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i Nevers thinked like That because thats means iam very week with my self

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Life is for living. For me suicide isn't an option, for any reason. I get through one day at a time.. :wink:

Anyone struggling with suicidal thoughts should seek help. Open up, speak to someone.

If they feel they can't speak to someone they know, speak to a doctor, professional or helpline.

If we put our minds to it and are open to support, there's little we cannot overcome or achieve.

ferocious

ferocious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a streak of bad luck sometimes i maybe feel that way but i overcome it when i calm

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to ask you if you have ever had suicidal thoughts after losing a streak of bad luck in poker and how you have dealt with them

If anyone has such thoughts, you should immediately consult a psychologist. Especially if such thoughts arise after such trifles as losing money in poker. Obviously, people who have such thoughts are mentally ill people with obvious disabilities and such people need to be treated immediately.

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't gotten to that point. I have thought about not playing for a while. Sometimes a break is needed to get perspective on things.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A poker player at the moment he sits at a table has to leave behind his sensitivity to money, because otherwise he will lose concentration and focus on the game and make bad decisions, but if he has those kinds of thoughts after A bad streak the player needs professional help from a psychologist or psychiatrist if big losses lead him to have these kinds of thoughts.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure this is just too much for this game! This is online poker. You can loose here for many months, even if you can play good, soft just sometimes help your opponents and you just need to keep patience.
Sometimes this can be really disappointed , i can understand this, but this is just a game, try to improve it and if some room didn,t let you win, then just try to play in another room.

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not suicidal, but I spend a few days thinking

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Worry not for him dudes hes just some Ukrainian spy, he is fine :D
Maybe delete this thread admins? This is not a positive thread. It almost sounds like giving people ideas. Like 'Have you tried lasagna? Oh man its awesome'

Last edited:
killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Worry not for him dudes hes just some Ukrainian spy, he is fine :D
Maybe delete this thread admins? This is not a positive thread. It almost sounds like giving people ideas. Like 'Have you tried lasagna? Oh man its awesome'

Can someone explain, what is this trend? - if something not positive, let's pretend it's doesn't exists :D

H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
however, the situation is not so dangerous! :) obviously no one likes to lose especially when it falls on the last card, and even that one day it happens more than once! but life goes on, next time he will win a similar position, upside down! enjoy the game and not cramp! i like to play poker which is why i play! :)

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gambling addiction is a disease, otherwise antidepressants or antipsychotics are usually taken for suicidal thoughts.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone explain, what is this trend? - if something not positive, let's pretend it's doesn't exists :D
Omg really?
Well first of all this is a serious question and if a guy is serious, which he is not i am willing to bet my butt, but if he is then he need some professional help and get the hell outa poker forum with such questions.
And also, there is so much of bad stuff going on in this world lets now talk about all of that right?
Trend is the following my friend - if somthing is not positive and you can't do much about it then you gota pretend it doesn't exist. Just point with your arm to the direction where a guy can get some help and get on with your life.

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for this thread as it can bring some awareness. If anyone would like to just vent judgement free and /or just express some feelings please pm me and lets dialog. :listen::five::knuddel:

Never!!! And if anyone is PLEASE seek help or advice and STOP PLAYING!!! Play gold coins

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These thoughts can only be in an abnormal person

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To anyone struggling with these thoughts because of poker. Walk away and seek help its not worth it.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never had it because of Poker because I love my life and I'm really happy

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
work and physical activity very much saves from depression and suicidal thoughts

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thoughts have crossed my mind but it was never serious even when I lost my whole bankroll. Playing only freerolls and starting a bankroll from nothing helps.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've definitely not had suicidal thoughts, but I have had to come to grips with losing repeatedly over a very long period of time, pretty much as long as I've been playing poker.

I finally realized that I'm never going to win at this game, so I just play Cardschat freerolls & league games now. Costs nothing and I can get my fix as often and for as long as I want.

Now that's WIN-WIN!

PS - without Cardschat I'd have to quit poker, which might be an even bigger win for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.