Have you ever played against a Cardschatter? (Outside of Cardschat Events etc.)

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I was playing in a 9 player Sit n Go, and Big Kaban was one of my opponents. Today I played a Spin n Go against 0546474. In the past I have been in a League freeroll with Cashman.

Have you ever played a game against a fellow Cardschat member outside of CC games? Doesnt it feel like seeing a brother from your secret cult when you play at the same table? Do you say hi, mention Cardschat or maybe soft play each other?:D:D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Now & then, but would never disrespect a CC member or the forum by playing soft. Just sayin.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
several times but a specific one I'll never forget.
See now it's already a few years ago, time flies :(
So, it was a 2-7 SD game and wanting to win it you just cannot be very happy seeing our very own Toots Babos is in the field too :)

Yet, we did know eachother a bit, so what else to do besides trying to crush the game :D
And we did, getting heads-up for the win :star:
Although it wasn't for a lot of money, it remains a highlight.
Guess I still owe Toots a revenge.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have played vs Cardschatter, played it straight..

I play against them same as if I were in any other tourney. Just another worthy opponent to play carefully against.
Cardschat or not, I never collude with other players, it's cheating.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I have run into many playing the crappy $10 OD freerolls at WPN, I don't remember the details but one CCer decided to shove on my BB from CO with garbage while I had AA :D

He almost sucked out. :eek:

:top:

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
several times but a specific one I'll never forget.
See now it's already a few years ago, time flies :(
So, it was a 2-7 SD game and wanting to win it you just cannot be very happy seeing our very own Toots Babos is in the field too :)

Yet, we did know eachother a bit, so what else to do besides trying to crush the game :D
And we did, getting heads-up for the win :star:
Although it wasn't for a lot of money, it remains a highlight.
Guess I still owe Toots a revenge.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/

I feel you. Its indeed somewhat a special situation! Me too, was trying to play extra careful and dont make any dumb moves with hopes of ending it at HU! Have to say, it gave me extra motivation and maybe thats the reason I won in both
yep, I'm braggin' here hehe:star:

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's always nice to meet on the table another CC member :)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately not I had a chance to play at the same table with the members of this secret society, but it would be very interesting to meet!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually played in my first CC freeroll trny yesterday (ACR $100 GTD). So many players trying to claim a $22 1st prize. It was ok. I think I went out in the fifth level but it was nice to see some enthusiastic members. It was a learning experience. I wish I was able to play in some other buy-in trnys, say some PLO or PLO-8's. Freerolls are cool but the real grind is in a buy-in. I guess I'm used to playing smaller fields. It's still fun to play against fellow CC members. I'm looking forward to playing in more.
Does anyone remember a forum called the Poker Cartel? That was a cool forum... pre-4-15-2011. R.I.P. Angel of DEBT (that was me,lol). Nice thread. :)

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually played in my first CC freeroll trny yesterday (ACR $100 GTD). So many players trying to claim a $22 1st prize. It was ok. I think I went out in the fifth level but it was nice to see some enthusiastic members. It was a learning experience. I wish I was able to play in some other buy-in trnys, say some PLO or PLO-8's. Freerolls are cool but the real grind is in a buy-in. I guess I'm used to playing smaller fields. It's still fun to play against fellow CC members. I'm looking forward to playing in more.
Does anyone remember a forum called the Poker Cartel? That was a cool forum... pre-4-15-2011. R.I.P. Angel of DEBT (that was me,lol). Nice thread. :)

My husband and I used to play in the poker cartel, that was a long time ago :)

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not remember such situations, but it would probably be interesting to face the members of the cards outside the freerolls.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My husband and I used to play in the poker cartel, that was a long time ago :)

Yeah, I miss those days. The OFC and playing against other forums for bragging rights, lol; fkng Bush. I can remember playing in a few of those. Good times, good times. "Party on Garth!" :rock:

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to be very careful in chatting when you meet a person from the club because other players at the table may accuse you of collusion! If someone makes a complaint, then problems can not be avoided!

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to be very careful in chatting when you meet a person from the club because other players at the table may accuse you of collusion! If someone makes a complaint, then problems can not be avoided!

You may be a new member but what you said is right. I was thinking the same thing and if maybe not saying anything on chat was better:dontknow:

john harris

john harris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watch the stats not the chat..

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of those whom I know, while in tournaments I have not met, I may have played with those who dont know that they are with the CC also. But sometimes on the stream of Russian poker players, I meet players who say that they are from the CC.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I have played with a couple CardsChat members in some cash games and SNGs, but not often. Where are all the CardsChat players at? Maybe playing MTTs?

Would hope to see more of you :D !

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

That is pretty cool when you see a cardschat member playing poker. I usually see woohoosue. She plays intertops poker a lot. She usually plays when a freeroll is on intertops. From time to time I see MTcashman and Zorba on ACR. I usually play friendly with them until the end. I say hi to them but they don't usually talk back. I'm kind of a ****y player. Thats probably why the don't say hi back.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is pretty cool when you see a cardschat member playing poker. I usually see woohoosue. She plays intertops poker a lot. She usually plays when a freeroll is on intertops. From time to time I see MTcashman and Zorba on ACR. I usually play friendly with them until the end. I say hi to them but they don't usually talk back. I'm kind of a ****y player. Thats probably why the don't say hi back.

ACR chat is crappy and chat lost through a ton of other stuff. For that reason instead of chat window I choose the window with field info as stack sizes etc. Probably they do the same. Also MTCashman have probably chat turned off, cause I havent seen him replying to anyone yet, even on pokerstars. Or maybe he is a bot :D:D:D

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm i don't really know. How can you know that ?

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I see members here and there and always make a point to say hello. I play a lot of games with bee on ps. There's no worries about collusion in these games, we're trying to kill each other:D

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play in the Cardschat Freerolls, by definition, everyone you are playing against is a CardsChat member! :)

That having been said, whenever I am playing against another CardsChat member, I focus just a bit more because I assume the player is above average and has made an effort to study and improve their game. :eek:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I believe I have played with a couple CardsChat members in some cash games and SNGs, but not often. Where are all the CardsChat players at? Maybe playing MTTs?

!

They're playing in the freerolls!

I welcome the appearance of a Cardschatter on the tables. I typically have notes on any I've played with and love to exploit their tendancies when they present themselves.

Cardschatter on table = easy money ;) (except for Kenzie & Zorba... Kenzie is good & Zorba is unbluffable... that guy will call you down with bottom pair in a 3-bet pot while OOP ;) )

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yup! I’ve seen about 5-7 CardsChat Members at the ACR Free Rolls but not in any Micros yet :)