Have you ever considered giving up poker?

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I am thinking about it!

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No !!! It's my hobby, pastime, adds a little cash to my income. I only play freerolls and Micro Stakes tournaments. Only other things in my life are reading and sports. Of course I'm 73 years old. :)

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never considered giving up poker but sometimes you do need to take a break. Personally I have had time periods where I have been playing and studying so much that I have an information overload. When I get to that point I usually need to take a break and get my mind off of poker.

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've thought about it a time or two. I play generally for fun but my wife considers it gambling and unchristian like but i enjoy it so usually when i do want to quit i have to go through the pros and cos and usually the pros win. Good luck. it keeps me from choking ppl
out

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No, never considered giving up.

You have to keep a rational perspective on the game. Its ups and downs and ten thousands bad beats...and we all know that comes with the territory.

The reason I was drawn to poker is that- learning to cope with all the adversity. It was never about the gamble but the psychology of playing.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have, and did for quite a long time. After poker stars and most others couldn't let American players play, I stopped.

I started back when CC sent me an email stating that there was indeed somewhere we could play.
I started playing again, got used to playing again, now I play once in a while. I mostly just play Poker Stars Omaha Hi/Lo. I play in very few CC tourneys as of late. Too many in it for the free roll types. lol Even though you don't have to pay for an entry doesn't mean you should not respect CC and the game of poker itself and do the best you can, learning the whole time.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like very much poker, so I keep trying to to achieve my goals, and have nice time! I have never thought of giving up. :captain:

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I am thinking about it!

Not once ever ... there have been times in my life when other things were more important and demanding of my time but I always looked forward to playing again it has been a big part of my life even if I have never been a pro .....

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, take it like a game, win some lose some. always fun.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I will leave poker only when I get to that stage where I lose important amounts from the family budget. Until then it is fun.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never had a proper reason to think about it. For me poker is a hobby and a good opportunity to have fun, so I do not see the need to give up my favorite hobby.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I grinded a pretty good living online pre-black Friday. By the time black Friday hit I was burnt out and looking forward to giving it a rest. I didn't play much over the next few years, and when I returned to play some recreationally it was more enjoyable.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well I have considered it .... I have had two moments in which I have gone through two bad times in which I lost my bankroll ... and of course that discourages you and makes you think if you should or not ... leave of playing poker ... however after analyzing it with the coldest mind ... in my personal case I could tell myself that it was best to take a break for a week ... and then come back with more force ... !

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, and for the most part I have given it up.

That fact that you are considering it is a good sign, it means that you are in control. You have what is known as "cognitive distancing" which is the separation of one's thoughts and immediate actions/reactions. Essentially, you are stopping your thoughts and questioning them. You should take this opportunity to reflect on what you want out of the game of poker and what you want out of life.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Giving up on something shows weak mentality etc - therefore i'd never do anything like that :rolleyes:

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I´ve never considered giving up poker at all..It gives me joy and of course some cash.This being so, I have no reason to stop playing this game..Happy New Year!

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i do.. Sometimes is awful when you have a losing streak on the river, makes you wonder why the hell we play this thing?

But i always come back, i like the game

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Giving up on something shows weak mentality etc - therefore i'd never do anything like that :rolleyes:

Having something go contrary to how you envisioned it is ok, it happens all the time...to everybody. Mental strength comes in accepting this fact and using prior "failures" as building blocks in one's maturity and self development. Mentally latching on to a prior conviction, regardless of what is occurring in the present, is the true "weak mentality."

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, never. Why did you start thinking that?

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every single day when i see that 80% of the hands are won by the biggest underdog in online poker. So every day in the last 10 years....

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes after a run of bad beats I have thought about packing it in. I just love it too much though and always come back to play.

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I have not , I’ve taking breaks but eventually return..