Have You Ever Busted Your Bankroll in a Single Night?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at stakes with 40 buy ins. However my first deposit was 4 buy ins and I lost 3 in a row. But bounced back.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, yes! After getting some bad beats, becoming tilt and starting with Spin & Gos. BAD idea. Was playing every buy in. I mean every buy in towards 500$ Spin Gos. End of the story, 0$ left.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No remember exactly. I think i did not performed like that,,,A half maybe yes.....but all.......nooo

trapper2015

trapper2015

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thread: Have You Ever Busted Your Bankroll in a Single Night?

2 hours I did.
deposited $40.00

N

nicolaskcs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the worst is when you are winning, suddenly lose with AA against a 7 3, here comes the anger, and puts everything to lose

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i have as it doesn't take much to bust my bankroll. It really is tough bouncing back from it as well when you never deposit

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, yes! After getting some bad beats, becoming tilt and starting with Spin & Gos. BAD idea. Was playing every buy in. I mean every buy in towards 500$ Spin Gos. End of the story, 0$ left.

Eeeek!

I have had to work on this issue myself, as it is the only factor of my game that can cause me to become a losing player. Be mindful of the fact that "bad beats" are an indicator (usually) that you are playing well. Also, ending the day with a modest loss due to bad beats is fine. Poker is a lifelong session, train yourself to be indifferent to daily/weekly/monthly results.

I found myself dipping a bit back into tilting after a couple of bad beats, and I would be inclined to jump into a "spin n go" or flip style game to try to quickly recoop those losses. This is a dangerous habit, which is completely counterproductive. Now, when I lose a few games due to bad beat, I simply stop my session and come back in a little while. If you know you are playing well at a given level or game, stick to what you are good at and forget about the swings, they happen. :)

luckyou

luckyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2014-2015 I busted about 2 times. They were all off $50 deposits, but the biggest bust was from about $200 to $0. The biggest bust was also my last. I took about a month off, read a few poker books, then deposited another $50 which I've played off ever since.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot of times!, i blame the spin & go, easy come, easy go....

D

du0rotan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not in one night but it felt that way when I lost bankroll within three weeks or less as a new player. Took it quite hard so I stopped playing for a while. Came back a few months later, haven't looked back since seeing how this game have and can continue to help me grow as a person and player.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have I lost my entire BR in one night?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oops, didn't meant to submit
So I have not lost it one night but have lost most of it one night.
I was actually up & was profiting for the night in the normal 1/2 game which I was nowhere rolled for then got the "call" lol from the 5/10 game which I crushed last time, this time it didn't go so well, Wow this was an actually insane night now that I'm going running backwards in my mind, I lost $1K then went back to my cheap hostel got out $600? Ran it up to $1500+ then got check raised all in with the nut flush draw & a pair on the FLOP vs aggro player & that was that!
Crazy times! Live poker is another level of degen

walkkking

walkkking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Sometimes, but when you feel this you go and take a break and continue later.

N

nyeesssss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if youa re playing online cash 50 buy ins is a bankroll if you are playing tournamets 100+ buy ins is a bankroll. if youa re playing with less buy ins its not surprising to "lose it all"

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night, first time I ever played some cash games, and I won like $10. But them I started to lose, and I got so mad that I started to pay all-ins to every one. Damn, I am so frustrated by my attitude that I'm thinking about quitting. Has this happened to you ever?[/QUOTE

A couple of bad beats back to back and tilt starts to set in for alot of players. I personally used to get frustrated and it affected my decision making to a certain extent. I learned to take a couple minutes to focus on something else and clear my head. Then jump back in and crush. Walk away don't stay when tilt sets in friend. Good Luck. 400 BB is a good bankroll for the level you play. 200 BB lost is pretty significant and should evaluate your play and ask yourself why you are losing dramatically in one session.

Good Luck To All:cool:

TheEdger18

TheEdger18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blowing Bankroll

Done it way too many times to count my friend. lol I can get the money but then I got to the baller tables and get screwed

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I've played outside of my roll many times and busted in a single night. It's alright this game is forever going to be fun for me :)

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning

Yes!) It's good that he was not big! I'm just starting to play. I play freerolls and my bankroll was $ 55. One awkward movement and ... $ 0!):boring:

B

BILTIZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OF COURSE

Ii do it every time i get angry in fact each time i win and get bored or i lose and cant win back i bust all my bankroll :(:(:(

H

Hardieboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes!! Unfortunately i have done this numerous times like a total idiot chasing money. Still havnt learned lol

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes sir, in couple hours😂 I was just starting, so no blame pls. I remember losing like 70% of my bankroll so I got tilted (was losing every all in😂) so I decided to play more expensive games to recoup my everything I lost before, I made a mistake... I promised myself to never play poker again, and now I'm here😂 discussing poker and enjoy playing it, that was a good lesson👍

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management