Which is Harder Hold'em or PLO

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha always seems to be more difficult to me and it is played by a much smaller number of players

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Woh, I only play Holdem.. and sometimes a classic or two. So.. PLO is easier, considering I never lose at it. ;))

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do enjoy both games but I feel PLO is a harder game than Holdem. I do play both games and have won them both.

Beatlebug

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me Omaha is more difficult because I am more often practiced in the game of Hold'em. But in general I can play both of these types of poker.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that Holdem and Omaha are equivalent in terms of complexity, in both games you need game skills and psychology.

P

ploplou

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i tried both.. seem to find holdem less difficult,

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Holden is more simple and harder (not to play, but to win)

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Hold em. You only have 2 cards to work with. I prefer Omaha8 at home games. There is more betting and you can make a bundle $. You can cash for high or low or both with a sweeper. I find you have more chop pots with low.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In your opinion, what’s harder Omaha or Holdem? I think Omaha gives you more opportunities since you have four cards.

Which is "harder" ? This can mean different things to different people, do you want to know which game can result in a better winrate? Is studying 1 game any different than the other?

For me, the go to answer is always which game do you find most interesting? This is going to be the game you put the most effort into, either playing or studying. I know their are pros that have said they switched to PLO because of better games but I think it has to be more than that. In my personal experience I have played PLO occasionally, but it never grabbed me like Hold'em, where I was ready and willing to learn all I could about the game. In my opinion the "harder" game will always be the 1 you enjoy the least.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
plo is harder because i'm not even playing it

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plo can be harder you can play almost any 4 cards that are connected without any gaps and take flops.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Omaha, if you have a full ring, it may be easier to make decisions because if you don't have the best or second best hand at the table, you can fold. Short hand Omaha is harder in this regard.

Both Omaha and Holdem are worth getting used to.

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Apart from the number of cards dealt to each player in each hand and how the hands are constructed, there is not much difference between Omaha and Texas Hold'em. The only other differences I can think of are different rules like PRO vs. Unlimited or Hi-Lo Omaha.For me, both games are equally difficult.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that omaha has more inspiration and thinking together.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without a doubt Omaha it's significantly harder to read the board and figure out what your hand is. Omaha will test your tilt control much more at first. Made hands are not near as strong on the flop, draws are huge, backdoors even factor much more often.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is definitely harder. OMHL is the worst - at first it seems easier, till you try to win some real money and you find out how difficult that actually is to do.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold 'em is much harder..

There are many more outs, possibilities in Omaha, but it is easier to play. If you aren't dealt certain cards that either have connectors, suits, pocket pair, etc; the decision to fold the hand is made up for you already. Especially since you can only play three from the board.
With hold 'em, it is harder because you get to play all five cards from the final board.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If Omaha is easier why don't more people play it?
Omaha is a far more difficult game.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holdem is more of a straight forward deal. You know that in such and such situation you do this. Discipline is the word of the day.

Omaha requires more abstract thinking. With each card that is played you have numerous possibilities ( your opponent does also). Dangler is the word of the day.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PLO

I think PLO is harder than Hold-em to play.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is more interesting to me somehow. There are more possibilities, both for me and for my opponent. I can't say specifically what is harder.

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find Omaha is much harder because of all the draw possibilities you have to take into consideration.