H.O.R.S.E

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like this game but it is quite hard to get your head round at first, But once you do you will find it quite enjoyable. Lots of different ways to play cards. The worse one i think is Razz this is so hard and if you dont understand it just fold everytime till you do understand it because if you dont it can cost you your chipstack.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I really like this game but it is quite hard to get your head round at first, But once you do you will find it quite enjoyable. Lots of different ways to play cards. The worse one i think is Razz this is so hard and if you dont understand it just fold everytime till you do understand it because if you dont it can cost you your chipstack.

I also like playing H.O.R.S.E., especially the Razz and Stud Hi/Lo variants.

Some basic Razz (hope it helps)
An ace is always treated as a 1
Lowest hand wins (5-4-3-2-A is the best hand)
Suits don't matter (5h-4h-3h-2h-Ah has the same value as 5q-4d-3d-2s-As)
Only five (the lowest) of your seven cards count
At showdown, the highest card loses (7-6-5-4-3 beats 8-4-3-2-A) and (9-7-4-3-2 beats 9-7-5-2-A)
Pairs are next to useless, especially when learning (K-Q-J-T-9 beats 4-3-2-A-A), but
if your four face cards are 4-3-2-A, it would be a brave person to bet against you.

Three different cards, 6 and under, are good starting hands.

Note the other face cards.
The more you see that are the same as your three cards the better (less chance of pairing).
The less you see of your drawing cards the better (more chance of drawing them).
The more high cards you see, the better (as long as they are not in your hand).

If you need help with a Razz hand or Razz strategy in general, a post in the "Learning Poker" under the "poker strategy" section, will be your best bet.

Hope that helps and good luck with H.O.R.S.E. and Razz.

Last edited: