Gus vs. Daniel

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I know, it's like the U.S. that way. But if someone said they love Johnny Chan because he's Chinese like them I wouldn't jump at them to say "He's American now, like me :)". Get it? Was just saying you're both right before a verbal war between Romania and canada broke out :).

Hehe, I'm not a cop so why am I trying to keep the peace?

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wasn't going to start a war! He just should be considered canadian first and other people should not act like his canadian citizenship is just some afterthought!

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most folks do think of him as Canadian. I'd hazard a guess and say that 9 out of 10 people who have heard of Daniel Negreanu consider him to be Canadian.

A Romanian person, or person of Romanian decent claiming pride in him isn't hurting his status as a Canadian citizen. it just isn't.

Look at Kiefer Sutherland. He's Scottish by blood, English by birth, and grew up in Canada. Most people just think of him as Canadian, and he's quite proud of his heritage and citizenship.

It's all good.

C

CardKiller18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i almost think gus plays on luck ;)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats a great video
now you guys alreasy seen the high stakes video with jamie gold and the swedisg guy
jamie has a set off k on the turn the other one a str8
they run it 3 times
jamie gets so lucky and wins 2 out off 3
the video is on youtube

I saw the gus-daniel hand on HS Poker - 2 seasons ago, I think.

This Jamie Gold one is from yje super HS they had last year - $500K buy-in, and they had it all in the pot - about $1 mill - and Jamie Gold got 2 out of 3 when he was an 80-20 dog! I so wanted him to lose all 3....lol.

CalifNaughti

CalifNaughti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As most of you already know this, but just incase someone doesnt (aside from being one of my absolute favorite most controversial High Stakes Poker video)and if you get the GSN this is on tonight on High Stakes Poker!

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG that was a crazy hand! Daniel Negreanu is my favorite player. I've seen Gus Hansen play he is very aggressive and I know Negreanu probley may have thought it was a problability of it being a bluff considering Gus Hansen is known for going all in and calling all in's will practically nothing.

Michael69

Michael69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow that was so sick! Monster pot, sick hand.

One question tho, whats GSN?

M

Metalwarrior

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I allready saw the video.
One of the best hand ever.
Nice share.

W

WebKill

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow high stakes poker is awesome, a lot of money. wow wow

pokerdog283

pokerdog283

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive seen this clip its amazing that for awile Daniel couldnt catch a break and this clip is no exception.:(

S

sfinxull

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
negreanu is one of the best...he playes very well this hand,but gus had an incredible luck..

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hanson does not play on luck. Gus Hanson plays for the one hand he can ruin someone with. He can afford to lose a lot of small pots and even some larger ones but eventually he will flop the absolute nuts or catch the miracle outer and get all your money.

J

Jabbie1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hanson does not play on luck. Gus Hanson plays for the one hand he can ruin someone with. He can afford to lose a lot of small pots and even some larger ones but eventually he will flop the absolute nuts or catch the miracle outer and get all your money.

you got it, everyone says he is just lucky! these people dont understand implied odds.

beechleaf

beechleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i would have stroked out there

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you got it, everyone says he is just lucky! these people dont understand implied odds.

He's a highly mathematical player. He gives an outward appearance of being insane, or working solely with his right brain. But watch closer and he's about as sane as a poker pro can be and uses his left brain a lot.

V

vurto10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what a monster pot... I like to see gus playing high stakes omaha on full tilt... hes a very agressive player

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to be a complete jerk but...

The Aussie Millions isn't the end all - be all of poker. Gus had firmly established himself as one of the best long before winning that tournament by winning others, and making a crap-load of final tables...

But the road is long, and as much as I like Gus as a player, and enjoy watching him. For the long run - I'm pretty sure Daniel's gonna be the champ decades from now. I'm also pretty sure that at the moment Lindgren's results are better. I could be wrong though.

Now I'm off to try and figure out what the heck happened in the $50k H.O.R.S.E. event. Scotty managed to win the tournament and make me dislike him at the same time. I'm disappointed because I used to really enjoy watching Scotty play. I guess I can let it go as just one incident. Still, I'm icked out by the whole thing. The word "debacle" comes to mind.

vtriclone

vtriclone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like daniel.... You should check out patrick and phil's video... just about the same crazy amount of money...

J

jeroen44

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus is a very good actor that makes him also a good live player

T

tjyff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poor Daniel, best poker player in the world, but it's okay cus he'll make it back in no time!