Gus Hansen up $1million in 3 days.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That one of the points that Doyle Brunson keeps making in his Super System book - "people keep saying that I'm lucky".

A

Arielstorm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG, I could not even begin to imagine losing that kind of money in one sitting. To me $25,000 is major. He has to have balls of steel in order to play at limits like that. I do realize he is a mulit millionair but still. GEEZZZZZZ

A

Arielstorm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one of a kind, this Gus..
but' is he your poker idol ?

No he is deffently not my idol. I would have to say that my poker inspiration is Daniel and Ivey. They are both awsome and reading their opponets and making the money. Truly awsome players. I have to admit that I love Daniels baby face...lol

G

gtycoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus is one poker player I like but I can never understand how he does it sometimes. He can pick the right spots to play some crazy hands and win, but it does cost him at times. If I ever came to a point where I was +$1Million I think I would just invest it and not gamble in high stakes anymore. Until I made another couple of million with my investments.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus is one poker player I like but I can never understand how he does it sometimes. He can pick the right spots to play some crazy hands and win, but it does cost him at times. If I ever came to a point where I was +$1Million I think I would just invest it and not gamble in high stakes anymore. Until I made another couple of million with my investments.

Although I hear that all pros have gone bankrupt once or twice (not sure if its true or meant as a warning), but anyways I think that alot of these guys know that they can make more money and make it faster playing, than they can by investing it.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I hear that all pros have gone bankrupt once or twice (not sure if its true or meant as a warning), but anyways I think that alot of these guys know that they can make more money and make it faster playing, than they can by investing it.
lol at going broke once or twice, more like 6 or 7 times and in some cases more

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol at going broke once or twice, more like 6 or 7 times and in some cases more

I think you are right, but now-a-days alot of the biggest names have so much money coming in from sponsorships, that they really can play more with less worries. If only I could get a PS sponsorship...

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are right, but now-a-days alot of the biggest names have so much money coming in from sponsorships, that they really can play more with less worries. If only I could get a PS sponsorship...
thats what ur seeing, but for every success pro, there are another 100 players who are broke

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats what ur seeing, but for every success pro, there are another 100 players who are broke

They arent really pros then are they? :p No, JK, I do hear what you are saying.

G

gtycoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Oh for sure you can make a lot more and make it a lot faster playing poker than you can investing. Unless you get some insider trading tips from someone that pays you big time.

But for me, after hitting $1 million playing poker, I would look to make that money work for me in something more stable than poker.