Greenstein on "Sex Partners"

Mehman

Mehman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure if there is a thread but i've been reading through Barry Greenstein's "Ace on the River" and found the "poker and your sexuality" segment quite funny really.

"If you have sex before you go to sleep, you probably will be more rested and less distracted when you play. Therefore, a sex partner who travels with you can be a big asset.

In theory, if your partner isn't with you when you go on an extened poker trip out of town, a relatively steady substitute will give you a competitive advantage.

Some spouces of athletes and politicans may accept this as part of the territory, but poker player's don't have that kind of status"

That's straight out of the book, i found this quite a tad bit strange and innapropriate i know he is trying to cover all angles but i don't know what this was trying to acheive, good for a laugh though what do you guys / gals think?.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's inappropriate about it? What he says is true. He's not necessarily saying that you "should" get a substitute partner, he's saying that if you do, it's going to - in theory - give you a competitive advantage.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's inappropriate about it? What he says is true. He's not necessarily saying that you "should" get a substitute partner, he's saying that if you do, it's going to - in theory - give you a competitive advantage.

I will let Lori know that if you ever travel to play poker she needs to insist on going with you. :)

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey now! I'm not saying anything about whether or not it's inappropriate for someone to have a substitute partner; I'm saying that it's not really inappropriate for Barry Greenstein to write about it.

A hotel I used to stay at in Beijing did have girls call my room at night and offer sex though. We have reason to believe they call the rooms in order, and me and a coworker - who stayed two rooms away - had great amusement over breakfast when we discovered that we had both been called the night before, but with a couple of hours in between. We giggled at man in room 619 when we walked past him.

D

DuaneK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When in Rome do as Berry Greenstein. OOps I mean Romans do

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But remember guys that you should not sleep next to that partner, as there was research that the man is more fatiqued if he sleeps next to the woman, because evolutionary the man has needed to be more alert in his sleep to defend the woman against possible attacks.